Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Default Judy

I don't know why but people I meet in life, after not knowing them for very long, tend to tell me their most intimate and personal aspects of their lives.

Maybe it's because I am a good listener and maybe it's because I give my opinion in a straightforward manner.

Anyway...this thread made me think of a story of Judy.
What is your best can't sell no matter what item?

It has to do with attachment to items and why is such an attachment.

Judy worked with me. I trained her and she was not an assistant but rather 1 level lower than me. She was a hoot and had a story for everthing. She may also have had some "issues" because her mood would do a 180 degree turn at the mention of the silliest (in my mind) things.

So one day Judy tells me she is going out to move to the West Coast to live someone she met on the internet. (OK cuz these things work out SOOO well)

She tells me she needs to rent a truck so she can move everything out there, after telling me the guy has a fully furnished house.

So I simply ask why she just doesn't sell all the big items because everything she needs is in the new house.

She starts crying uncontrollably and blubbering that her dresser and her bed are the only things she has to remind her of her mother. OK Fair enough who am I to say why has emotional value as I still have a cup I made in 3rd grade for my mom. She used it up until her death some 25 years later.
----------------------

Fast forward 27 days....yes 27 days. Judy calls me at work asking if she can have her job back. I tell her that it's been filled. I then ask why she wants it back.

Well it turns out that everything didn't turn out as she expected in California.

When she 1st went out there she laid down some ground rules. His house was a mess and she needed it cleaned up and painted. Well when she got there everything was to her approval. Well that is until 7 dats after she arrived. She too the ashes of the man's dead wife and put them away. She had died of cancer 6 months before they met.

He was pissed that she did not even ask him about the urn. She just put it in the basement. Well he flipped out on her and she said that if he wanted to keep the ashes out then she couldn't live there.

I could not believe what I was hearing and I know you will find this hard to believe but I told her what I thought.

I told her she cried about a dresser and bed frame but yet wanted him to have remove the ashes of his dead wife. I asked how that made sense.

She told me to do something physically impossible and hung up. I have not heard from Judy since.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

I told her she cried about a dresser and bed frame but yet wanted him to have remove the ashes of his dead wife. I asked how that made sense.

She told me to do something physically impossible and hung up. I have not heard from Judy since.

Female Logic = The Ultimate Oxymoron
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I feel sorry for any human being that has to live with that woman.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I feel sorry for any human being that has to live with that woman.
As the original story didn't need it I will offer this up as well. Now mind you I did not ask about any of this information she shared.

She met him on a BBW website. I had no idea what that was until she said it stood for Big Beautiful Women. Well she was B and was a W so OK.

She then comes back from visiting and tells he about she told him about cleaning his place. She also then told me he was missing a leg.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

So, she's an idiot...Comes from upbringing.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

man. internet people are dicey. I've met people from this site IRL (SpastikMooss being the latest) and haven't had any weird feelings. I've met a few girls from sites like okcupid and haven't had any problems there either- but you have to be choosy and you have to have a first meeting somewhere public so you can bug out if things aren't working out.

you don't just go 0 to moving in together in an instant!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

The missing leg and BBW aspects definitely add something to your story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
As the original story didn't need it I will offer this up as well. Now mind you I did not ask about any of this information she shared.

She met him on a BBW website. I had no idea what that was until she said it stood for Big Beautiful Women. Well she was B and was a W so OK.

She then comes back from visiting and tells he about she told him about cleaning his place. She also then told me he was missing a leg.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

My emotions haven't been this mixed up since that time I ate chocolate licorice ice cream.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag

Stupid Judy...
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey jude, don't make that move.
Take a sad leg and make it better.
Remember to take the urn into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

Hey jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out to Cali.
The minute you let him under your ample skin,
Then you begin to make it better

Take it jlzinck....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

^^^^^^Love it
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote