Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

When I was kid, I went camping with the neighbors down at Lake Gaston. Near the end of our trip, we had a small tornado go through our campsite and took down several trees all around us--the ranger said we got extremely lucky.

We went back the next year and as we were pulling up to the campsite after having dinner in town, another small tornado hit.

We did not go back after that.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

Blizzard of 1993 in Birmingham, AL. I remember we got out of school half a day on that Friday and the freezing rain started and froze everything over. Then the freezing rain turned into snow and it was over 15 inches! That is a ton of snow for this area. We were without power for about a week and got out of school Monday and Tuesday. It was a cool experience.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Crazy weather, but not storm.

I was in Dubai in 2005 when they hit a record 61C and I was sandsurfing. One of my shoe soles melted while dragging my foot in the sand.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

It was winter (long time ago) and i was with a friend in Sea Isle City, NJ.

I owned a 2001 VW Jetta at the time, this will come into play later. There was a massive snow and ice storm that had the streets flooded and icebergs floating all around. I get called in to do snow removal @ 10am. I told them I was stuck on the Island with seemingly no way out and they did not care, I had to go into work.

So, i hop in my car all geared up and start making my way to the bridge. After 3 or 4 blocks, i come to a lake where there used to be a road. I back up, on ice, and turn to go the next street over. The street looked like all other streets, covered in ice. I start driving down the cross street, only to find out that the street had frozen over with 4-5" of ice and 2-3' of seawater underneath that ice. It was too late when I noticed, but the car was on top of the ice already. I immediately sped up and drove as fast as i could and got across to the street i was trying to get to. I got on the asphalt and stopped the car, as soon as i got settled, i noticed another car coming. someone saw that i got to the other street after my troubles with the lake.They also did not notice the ice and of course, they were in a freaking suburban, they made it about 20' or so and that huge 4x4 went down, almost to the door handles.

I immediately went to my buddies house, where i was initially. Called the cops, and got my surfboard and my friend. We went back to the suburban, by then the couple had climbed out the sunroof to the top of the SUV, I told them i called the cops if they wanted to wait them out, or we could try and get them using my surfboard. They did not want to wait it out, so we slipped them the surfboard, pulled them in with the leash and they made it out of that mess.

Brought them all back to the house for some coffee, they offered us money, which we declined.
We still hang out with them from time to time.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
Last year at Pink Cabaret I made it rain so hard I drowned 3 hoes.
This made me lol, the wife was worried haha
I remember a hurricane when I was really young that made my neighborhood a river, remember watching a ton of random crap float by
Side PC's: Colts & QB autos
jdin8455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

hurricane wilma- my house was without power for 19 days, no running water for 3, my front screened in porch was ripped off the house and part of it was hanging from the powerlines in the back, part was in the pool...all the shingles blown off roof, allowing water to get through, causing my livingroom ceiling to collapse and it was practically raining in my livingroom.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Crazy weather, but not storm.

I was in Dubai in 2005 when they hit a record 61C and I was sandsurfing. One of my shoe soles melted while dragging my foot in the sand.
I expected you to put when Toronto called in the army for snow removal .

THAT was pretty funny!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I expected you to put when Toronto called in the army for snow removal .

THAT was pretty funny!
Mel Lastman calling in the army for 4 inches of snow. LOL.

I dont know if you were in the Ottawa area during the Ice storms when everything froze over for a week. I thought you would have put that one.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Mel Lastman calling in the army for 4 inches of snow. LOL.

I dont know if you were in the Ottawa area during the Ice storms when everything froze over for a week. I thought you would have put that one.
Hahaha, I always laugh when people bring that up. I was in Mexico for 10 days and only came back towards the end of the storm, so I didn't get the worst of it. People always ask me what I did during the storm, and I always reply "not much, got my tan on, spent some time by the pool!".

If I had been in town for all of it it would've no doubt topped my list. Took months to get everything back to normal. Insane.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Tornado madness, April 28-29 2011

here are some pic,s i hope no one minds

1st super cell forming over RInggold, GA

The Waffle house the next day

The McDonalds

Shell gas Station

BP Gas Station/Truckstop

Ringgold High School, the emergency shelter people were told to head to.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

21 yrs ago tonight over 2 feet of snow,,,!
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote