Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 153 59.53%
No 75 29.18%
Don't care wont affect me. 29 11.28%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Legalize Marijuana Yes or No? Simple.

Measure 80 is coming up here in Oregon and i was wondering no Political discussion but yes or no should marijuana be legalized with these stipulations:

Age requirement/restriction
Taxed
Heavily governed
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Very interesting thread. I'm keeping tabs on this!
(Disclaimer: I'm a straight male, not a pedophile, and I do not find the ponies sexually attractive.)
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

If alcohol is legal, why shouldn't Marijuana.

I don't even smoke it. Just my opinion.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes. My only problem with it, is that there needs to be a quick development of a testing method for drivers (I'm not aware of one at this moment, please enlighten me if you have heard of one in the works)
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Yes. My only problem with it, is that there needs to be a quick development of a testing method for drivers (I'm not aware of one at this moment, please enlighten me if you have heard of one in the works)
I am not a smoker but this is the other side of it.. From what I have heard the amount they want to bust you with a DUI for is so low you could smoke and 24 hours later still be over the limit.

Just sounds like a way for cops to make more money off DUI's like they do now when they pull people over for BS reasons.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

I could go into a billion reasons why weed should be legal (and i don't smoke it)...but here's the most glaring..

In the United States we have more people in prison than most of the world nations have in total population. 30-40% of those incarcerated are drug related. Of that.. I believe more than half are Marijuana related. Well more than 1 million people are in jail due to marijuana in some form of fashion.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
I am not a smoker but this is the other side of it.. From what I have heard the amount they want to bust you with a DUI for is so low you could smoke and 24 hours later still be over the limit.

Just sounds like a way for cops to make more money off DUI's like they do now when they pull people over for BS reasons.
Absolutely. If that's the case, it's not going to help too much regardless. I have not smoked in quite awhile as I simply do not enjoy it. However, I think there are plenty of reasons to legalize weed, and ESPECIALLY the fact that it would create an instant job market. Remember, we do have a problem with job creation in the U.S. It would also simultaneously reduce government spending and create tax revenue. Win / Win. What are are the "good" reasons for not legalizing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I could go into a billion reasons why weed should be legal (and i don't smoke it)...but here's the most glaring..

In the United States we have more people in prison than most of the world nations have in total population. 30-40% of those incarcerated are drug related. Of that.. I believe more than half are Marijuana related. Well more than 1 million people are in jail due to marijuana in some form of fashion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

This is what sticks with me.

Again, I don't endorse it and would never smoke it but as long as those who do use are not causing violent crimes as a result what's the problem?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Small history lesson why weed is illegal...

in the early 20th century a man named William Randolph Hurst had such a newspaper monopoly that more than half the nation got their news from him...

WRH Also had a profitable timber company.. and on his timber farms he had a major issue with Mexicans invading the land and growing... you guessed it.. weed. WRH launched a huge anti Marijuana campaign in his papers, and turned the nations opinion against it. After the movie "refer madness" came out.. it was done. Almost all narcotics were made illegal on the federal level and the ban has lasted to this day. So yes.. marijuana is criminal today mainly because one man didn't like Mexicans growing it on his farms.

Technically though.. weed isn't even illegal. To own it you must get a stamp credit from the Federal Government... however under federal law.. having that stamp is a federal crime. (couldn't make that up if I tried lol)
Old 10-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post

Cops do not make money off tickets, lets say there is a $100.00 ticket (to make it easy) first $65.00 of it automatically goes to DOT then another $20.00 goes to the courts (specifically traffic courts) then another $15.00 goes to the city. Furthermore if you fight a ticket in court the officer automatically gets overtime pay so in fact police departments lose money on tickets. Tickets are meant to teach people a lesson, most officers do not even like writing tickets. If you get pulled over once for driving 78 in a 70 zone you should get a warning now if you get pulled over 5 days in a row for the same violation you will probaly get a ticket to teach you not to speed.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Cops do not make money off tickets, lets say there is a $100.00 ticket (to make it easy) first $65.00 of it automatically goes to DOT then another $20.00 goes to the courts (specifically traffic courts) then another $15.00 goes to the city. Furthermore if you fight a ticket in court the officer automatically gets overtime pay so in fact police departments lose money on tickets. Tickets are meant to teach people a lesson, most officers do not even like writing tickets. If you get pulled over once for driving 78 in a 70 zone you should get a warning now if you get pulled over 5 days in a row for the same violation you will probaly get a ticket to teach you not to speed.
I got pulled over going 85mph on a 65mph zone lol
I did traffic school and paid the ticket, and have learned my lesson since. I'm in college, so paying a ticket really killed me but whatever. I seriously just put my car on CC on 70mph now. My traffic school teacher was a ex-cop and he said told us the same thing, that cops don't make money out of it.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

I fully endorse legalizing it, not only does it help our economy and government in many ways. It also HEAVILY weakens the cartels and multiple levels of other violent criminal organizations. Also leading the way to potentially one day developing a profitable export once legalization is more widespread.

Jacquizz Rodgers Collector!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

All drugs should be legalized. The same people will do them whether legal or not. The money saved from housing addicts in prison, could be spent on rehabilitation.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
I got pulled over going 85mph on a 65mph zone lol
I did traffic school and paid the ticket, and have learned my lesson since. I'm in college, so paying a ticket really killed me but whatever. I seriously just put my car on CC on 70mph now. My traffic school teacher was a ex-cop and he said told us the same thing, that cops don't make money out of it.
Be happy that is what you got, where I live that could be considered "wreckless driving" which is an arrestable offense. (I have never seen a case where a person has been taken into custody for it though).
Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

You in here for some marijuana??? Boo this man!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:25 AM   #16 (permalink)

I said yes. Don't smoke the stuff anymore. I dabbled with it back in the day recreationally. I would smoke with a couple of my buddies who were hard core everyday smokers. I never once witnessed any of them committ a crime for weed. They got high, sat on the couch, ate everything in sight, and laughed at cartoons.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

Have never smoked it, and don't want to. But legalization is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtonmark View Post
I fully endorse legalizing it, not only does it help our economy and government in many ways. It also HEAVILY weakens the cartels and multiple levels of other violent criminal organizations. Also leading the way to potentially one day developing a profitable export once legalization is more widespread.
Maybe for a time, but cartels and other drug organizations will always adapt. Marijuana may be an easy, profitable product line now, but meth especially is coming on strong.

Mexico also has a boatload of naturally growing marijuana/cannabis, so the potential for profitability in export in the future may not be viable in a sense.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

In my opinion, marijuana should not be legalized. There are tons of violent crimes that occur over it. I understand that some people are for it being legalized but I wonder how many of those people have had to personally deal with the problems that it causes.

I respect everyones opinion so please don't bash me for mine.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

I like how the title says "yes or no" but you put up a third option, ballsy move
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
I like how the title says "yes or no" but you put up a third option, ballsy move
Yeah, dislike!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Small history lesson why weed is illegal...

in the early 20th century a man named William Randolph Hurst had such a newspaper monopoly that more than half the nation got their news from him...

WRH Also had a profitable timber company.. and on his timber farms he had a major issue with Mexicans invading the land and growing... you guessed it.. weed. WRH launched a huge anti Marijuana campaign in his papers, and turned the nations opinion against it. After the movie "refer madness" came out.. it was done. Almost all narcotics were made illegal on the federal level and the ban has lasted to this day. So yes.. marijuana is criminal today mainly because one man didn't like Mexicans growing it on his farms.

Technically though.. weed isn't even illegal. To own it you must get a stamp credit from the Federal Government... however under federal law.. having that stamp is a federal crime. (couldn't make that up if I tried lol)
Good thing those Mexicans weren't growing potatoes, because then we'd have to buy our fries in a back alley.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

There is no simple yes or no.

In Mass they are trying to legalize "medical" marijuana.

The bleedinh hearts will tell you this is for cancer, chronic pain and glaucoma patients. But those people will be in the minority.

Hell in California you are in the minority if you DON'T have a license for it.

So the cost burden will no go from the state prison system to the state welfare system and insurance system.

Legalize it but don't cover it for insurance/welfare people unless under the most strict cases.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #23 (permalink)

At this point I'm all for legalizing it.

Everyone that wants to use it is already using it anyway, just under the backdrop of it being "illegal". So, by legalizing it we aren't going to have this major explosion of potheads and our country won't crumble...all in all I don't see much risk.

Legalize it, sell it, tax it, create tax revenue, help the economy.

Sounds fine to me.

415 is yours, homie.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

Absolutely. The crimes related to pot are all dealer related . Once you set up open laws and regs for dealing, poof, crime decreases significantly (notice I didn't say completely). Tax it heavily and instead of a negative line item on the budget (the war on drugs), you create a positive line item/revenue. This, from a guy who's never used cannabis before...
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T,S; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

I mean, people do it anyways. Whether its legal or not, people will still use marijuana.

In california, the cops dont even seem to care. People do it in public all the time.
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Closed Thread