Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   30 days of thankfulness challenge (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/392111-30-days-thankfulness-challenge.html)

JosieD 11-01-2012 09:31 PM

30 days of thankfulness challenge

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]I am going to post something I am thankful for every day for the next 30 days in this thread. Everyone else is welcome to join me and post in here. I just ask that you keep it true to the spirit of being thankful. No negative comments about anyone else or any underhanded thank yous, please.

November 1st: I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my youngest son, Logan, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Aiden is in pre-school from 9am to 1 pm and this has allowed us to have one on one time. We have had a lot of amazing moments so far in the couple of months Aiden has been in school. His smile brightens my day and his laughter is contagious. [/B][/COLOR]

MI Rob 11-01-2012 09:32 PM

I'm thankful for boobies.

Seriously.

And I guess I'm thankful for everything my parents do for me :D

JosieD 11-01-2012 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=MI Rob;3576511]I'm thankful for boobies.

Seriously.

And I guess I'm thankful for everything my parents do for me :D[/QUOTE]

That is a great thing to be thankful for as we just got done with Breast Cancer awareness moth.

37Jetson 11-01-2012 09:40 PM

I am thankful for the strength of my youngest daughter Grace (10 years old). She is having Open Heart Surgery next Thursday at John Hopkins and my wife and I are out of our mind worried about everything associated with the surgery. She is the one that is comforting us with her attitude that it is what is needed to make her feel better and not so tired all the time.

Braveskid1025 11-01-2012 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=37Jetson;3576565]I am thankful for the strength of my youngest daughter Grace (10 years old). She is having Open Heart Surgery next Thursday at John Hopkins and my wife and I are out of our mind worried about everything associated with the surgery. She is the one that is comforting us with her attitude that it is what is needed to make her feel better and not so tired all the time.[/QUOTE]
Wow that is awesome that she is like that! Good luck with it and all goes well!

JosieD 11-01-2012 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=37Jetson;3576565]I am thankful for the strength of my youngest daughter Grace (10 years old). She is having Open Heart Surgery next Thursday at John Hopkins and my wife and I are out of our mind worried about everything associated with the surgery. She is the one that is comforting us with her attitude that it is what is needed to make her feel better and not so tired all the time.[/QUOTE]

I will keep your daughter, Grace, in my thoughts. I hope the surgery goes flawlessly. Kids are very resilient.

mmbtvs 11-01-2012 09:43 PM

That sounds emotionally draining. I'm not religous but I wish your family all the luck in the world. Not that you're going to need it.

bigzig 11-01-2012 09:50 PM

Wow. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way. That has to be unbelievably tough to go through.

On that note, I am so very thankfull for my kids health. I have 2 out of 3 with asthma and constant ear infections, but in all reality it could be so much worse. I can't imagine going through the struggles of major medical issues with my kids. They are my life and to see them in any kind of pain is heart wrenching.

GoTribe!!! 11-01-2012 09:55 PM

Hopkins is a great hospital. I had to have a major chest surgery there way back in 1980 when I was six. They did a tremendous job. I'm sure your daughter will be fine. My mother-inlaw's church will say a prayer on Sunday.

benshobbies 11-01-2012 10:31 PM

37Jetson, I'll pray for your daughter.

I'm thankful for spiritual & physical healing in my mental health over the past two months. Its been a 180 degree change in my life in taking responsibility to be a man and act like a man. I'm so thankful for the peace that is in my mind, that I don't have to serve anxious thoughts or voices in my head. Even they are gone.

natbornkiller 11-01-2012 10:43 PM

i am thankful for these boards having ladies that can throw a quick jab as well as them can take them :)

ilovethelakings 11-01-2012 10:47 PM

I'll start with something forum specific. I'm thankful for all the friends I've made over the years on here.

ToppsCollector1 11-01-2012 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=natbornkiller;3576975]i am thankful for these boards having ladies that can throw a quick jab as well as them can take them :)[/QUOTE]

Me too! They make the forum worth visiting!

JosieD 11-02-2012 12:51 PM

Today, I am thankful for the love my older son is starting to show towards my younger son. They are only 20 months apart so it has been an adjustment for him. Every day, he does something sweet towards him. Today, he shared his food with him.

nephinfan 11-02-2012 12:54 PM

I am thankful for finally meeting my soul-mate. It took 33 years before I found her, but she is the absolute greatest! We got married in April 2012. (Should I make sure she reads this?):D

VWBUS1978 11-02-2012 01:04 PM

37jetson - good luck and you have an amazingly strong daughter. my fiance's son cries when he has to go get a shot, and he is freaking 12.

tajikey 11-02-2012 01:08 PM

My thankfulness is the same every single day. I am thankful for a God that protects me, a wife that loves me, and a son that doesn't know anything other than to show uninhibited joy when "dah" comes home from work.

Had this thread been created a year ago, my response would have been completely different.

frozenntimesports 11-02-2012 02:15 PM

I'll be praying for your daughter dude.

MetDude 11-02-2012 07:44 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family sir.

ilovethelakings 11-03-2012 01:10 AM

I'm thankful for the wonderful day I had with my family today.

SportCardBuffet 11-03-2012 03:41 AM

I am thankful that my internet is working right now since I'm bored and having trouble sleeping.

37Jetson, best of luck to your daughter, hope she pulls through with no problems.

ManInTheMirror 11-03-2012 06:19 AM

I am thankful for my daughter, each and every day.

I am also thankful for this poster, and her great threads.

Here's to you 37Jetson...

Ray27Ray52 11-03-2012 08:01 AM

I am thankful every single day for my unbelievable daughter Emma, who will be 7 in a few weeks and my son Colton who will be 1 in a couple of months. They are my reason for living and by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.

houdini 11-03-2012 03:19 PM

I am thankful for all my friends who weathered Sandy. Some have lost power and possessions - The700Level lost his entire first floor due to a 3 ft flood in his home - but all friends and their families are safe.

JosieD 11-03-2012 03:29 PM

Today, I am thankful for a variety of things:

1. That I made it to work saftly. There were a lot of stupid drivers out today.
2. That I got to spend the morning with my sons, husband and dog. We went on a nice family walk.
3. That people have some pretty awesome things to be thankful for
4. nephinfan sharing his spot with me in Corbin's break! I can't begin to thank him enough!