Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default NEW type of Golf Tee any GOLFERS?

What do you guys think of my idea, the design is tentative, but the idea is to have more stakes in the ground, which will make the ball more sturdy.

I came up with a solution for perfecting the tee. With my Perfect Tee (name is tentative), you will increase your distance and accuracy. The solution is simple, put more stakes in the ground, which will make the tee more sturdy, and therefor tee will not be affected by the weather. It will stay in place improving your shots accuracy. The Perfect Tee will have four stakes in the ground, as oppose to the conventional tee, which only has one stake.

The second advantage The Perfect Tee has is its absorption of the shock. With the conventional tee there is only one stack in the ground making it less stable, and it prone to move around especially on wet grass. As I stated if the tee moves even a little, so little you do not even notice, it can affect your shot by many feet in a certain direction. With The Perfect Tee the tee will have four stakes in the ground, which will keep the tee in place, and therefor will keep the ball in place.

A good analogy to The Perfect Tee and the conventional tee would be like building a bridge. The builders want the bridge to be as stable as possible, so the bridge does not move due to weather. And if the bridge does not move either will the car on the bridge. But imagine the car has too travel in a straight line across the bridge, even the slightest movement, in the right or left direction, will affect the cars performance. You can apply the same concept to a tee.
11134111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The only thing I can think of is that golf has been around how long? If it was a better idea I feel it would have been done already. Then again, you never know.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Is an tee a athlete?

PS do your homework
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

How would the extra stakes in the ground affect the stroke of my club? Normally I hit the tee with part of my club and the tee flips out of the ground. It sounds like it is possible that if the tee doesn't pull out of the ground as easily that I could lose distance on my drives.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would think if it's a million dollar idea it's probably not wise to share on a public forum without a patent/ copyright...whatever it is that protects the idea.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Is an tee a athlete?

PS do your homework
Those have prongs on top to steady the ball vs extra prongs on the bottom to steady the tee.

To answer the main question though, I really don't know what to think. I don't see it helping an amateur to much, but then again if an amateur thinks it will help they will probably buy it

Last edited by bigzig; 11-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Those have prongs on top to steady the ball vs extra prongs on the bottom to steady the tee.
They have versions with a disk stabilizer a quarter inch from the base that when pushed into the ground stabilizes the tee using a different method. Sorry, didn't link to those specific ones - just meant to use the company as an example.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post

To answer the main question though, I really don't know what to think. I don't see it helping an amateur to much, but then again if an amateur thinks it will help they will probably buy it
OK thanks for your feedback
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
How would the extra stakes in the ground affect the stroke of my club? Normally I hit the tee with part of my club and the tee flips out of the ground. It sounds like it is possible that if the tee doesn't pull out of the ground as easily that I could lose distance on my drives.
the tee will absorb more shock
Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
They have versions with a disk stabilizer a quarter inch from the base that when pushed into the ground stabilizes the tee using a different method. Sorry, didn't link to those specific ones - just meant to use the company as an example.
Gotcha. Sorry, I didn't look past the first page.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

ive been playing golf for a long time... when i put a tee into the ground its not "moving around" as you say, regardless if the grass is wet...i understand of course 4 stakes is sturdier than one, but when your club strikes the ball, you WANT that tee to move freely. , when your club head strikes the ball it sometimes ALSO hits part of the tee, if it was sturdy it would be WORSE for your hit/ball strike/ follow through.... but, for your own knowledge, make a bunch of prototypes, and go to the driving range ask people to try em out..
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Is an tee a athlete?

PS do your homework
I think you mean..... Is an 11134111 an golfer?
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
ive been playing golf for a long time... when i put a tee into the ground its not "moving around" as you say, regardless if the grass is wet...i understand of course 4 stakes is sturdier than one, but when your club strikes the ball, you WANT that tee to move freely. , when your club head strikes the ball it sometimes ALSO hits part of the tee, if it was sturdy it would be WORSE for your hit/ball strike/ follow through.... but, for your own knowledge, make a bunch of prototypes, and go to the driving range ask people to try em out..
Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Perfect Tee, golf tees, personalized golf tees, imprinted golf tees, plastic golf tees
Old 11-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

I've tried multiple tees. You cannot beat a plain wooden one from Pride Golf or any other company. I personally don't like all the plastic ones that have been adopted by some golfers. They can't possibly change your ball flight that much, try getting some golf lessons if you need help that bad.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
when your club head strikes the ball it sometimes ALSO hits part of the tee, if it was sturdy it would be WORSE for your hit/ball strike/ follow through.... but, for your own knowledge, make a bunch of prototypes, and go to the driving range ask people to try em out..
My concern here would be that a tee anchored to the ground would possible cause some scratches/scuffs to the surface of the club if it is NOT moving with the club on impact. Yeah, it's a pain when your tee goes flying or you decapitate it, but I'd rather deal with that than have possbile surface issues.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

How often do people re-use their tees? If they don't, another possibility (if you really want to go that 4-prong in the ground approach) is to make the top of the tee a second part that disengages from the bottom when hit. That would reduce resistance, not mess up someone's swing, and not cause damage to the club.

But wouldn't be able to reuse these, and they probably would cost too much to make sense.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
My concern here would be that a tee anchored to the ground would possible cause some scratches/scuffs to the surface of the club if it is NOT moving with the club on impact. Yeah, it's a pain when your tee goes flying or you decapitate it, but I'd rather deal with that than have possbile surface issues.
i agree , thats what im saying, it wouldnt be good ..you dont want to be striking a sturdy tee...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

If I had to save a golf tee or the OP from a burning building i would save the tee. Just sayin.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Is an tee a athlete?
The tee was an athlete when it was a tree, now it's just a ball coach.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

I have used the brush tee and it was pretty nice, until I lost them, not because there were broken but because of my stupidity and misplacing them.

Brush-T / HOME / GOLF TEES and PRACTICE GOLF BALLS FROM BRUSH TEE
Old 11-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

there's one type of Tee that i've seen in use that kind of looks like a thin plastic "chair" for lack of a better term. The whole point is to cut down on the rotation you put on the ball from a less-than-perfect swing. So in effect, it's meant to cut down on hooks and slices. Obviously if you shank it or it the ball with the toe or heel of the club you'll still have problems.

I never used them because I just wanted to make my own swing better. But the guys I saw using them, was pretty amazing to see their slices disappear.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Is an tee a athlete?

PS do your homework
I fully expected this, yet you STILL got me, haha.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
there's one type of Tee that i've seen in use that kind of looks like a thin plastic "chair" for lack of a better term. The whole point is to cut down on the rotation you put on the ball from a less-than-perfect swing. So in effect, it's meant to cut down on hooks and slices. Obviously if you shank it or it the ball with the toe or heel of the club you'll still have problems.

I never used them because I just wanted to make my own swing better. But the guys I saw using them, was pretty amazing to see their slices disappear.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Send me a prototype and I will tell you what I think