Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UPS Damage Claim, what do I do in this situation?

I bought a video game from Toys-R-Us on Ebay. It hasn't come yet despite being shipped a little over two weeks ago. I had bought another game from them the same day that they shipped separately and it came a week ago.

I finally checked the tracking and the second game arrived in California with this update on tracking:

10/23
"Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

A day later came this update:

10/24
"Damage reported. / Damage claim under investigation."

Does anyone have experience with this? Neither UPS or Toys-R-Us bothered to mention this to me, do I just keep waiting the investigation out? How long does that normally take?
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You might be able to get a hold of Amazon/Toys-R-Us to inquire about a refund or replacement.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
You might be able to get a hold of Amazon/Toys-R-Us to inquire about a refund or replacement.
I'm contacting them right now, gotta say I'm a little bothered they didn't tell me anything, it's been over a week and nobody felt the need to tell me they screwed up.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

UPS tells the shipper what happened and then they should have gotten in contact with you. What people need to understand is that the shipper is the one who pays the delivery service, not the consignee. Any shipping refund goes to the shipper who then is responsible to refund the consignee.

If you need more assistance, call 1-800-PICK-UPS. You can usually tell your story to someone there who will get you in contact with someone who knows exactly what happened and what your options are.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
XL5

Ding their communication.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
UPS tells the shipper what happened and then they should have gotten in contact with you. What people need to understand is that the shipper is the one who pays the delivery service, not the consignee. Any shipping refund goes to the shipper who then is responsible to refund the consignee.

If you need more assistance, call 1-800-PICK-UPS. You can usually tell your story to someone there who will get you in contact with someone who knows exactly what happened and what your options are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Ding their communication.
Looks like I'm gonna have to ding them for something if UPS notified them already. Whatever big company I know they will have to make it up somehow whether it's a refund or finally getting me my game. Won't buy from them again anyway they are overpriced but they were in that awesome promo for 20% Ebay bucks versus the normal 2% so I took a shot.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I know people from ups and friends of friends who tell me nightmare stories about making video games and stuff disappear without repercussion. Pretty sad actually sounds like one of those stories
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
I know people from ups and friends of friends who tell me nightmare stories about making video games and stuff disappear without repercussion. Pretty sad actually sounds like one of those stories
But it's reported, it's right there on the website when you put in the tracking. At worst I can't imagine me not winning a Paypal case to get my money back.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

So Toys-R-Us responded to my Ebay message. They basically said sorry they ship so much stuff they can't keep track of all the shipments. Then they say they can't re-ship an item, no idea why but okay. They offer a refund and said it should show up in 2-3 business days, not sure how this works sounds like they aren't doing it through Ebay like an amateur seller would. And they gave me 10% off my next purchase, big deal they are overpriced anyway it's more a bribe to shut me up if you ask me. And I still have to re-buy this game if I want it.

Kinda blows my mind, looked at their feedback for fun and they have upwards of a good 5-10 negatives for every 100 positives. It's pretty amazing to me a multimillion dollar company could run such a terrible Ebay business. If they weren't such a big company I doubt they would be getting by with a rating below 99%.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Toys-R-Us has now messaged me THREE separate times with the same form e-mail from different customer service reps. They really can't keep their s#%t straight!

I hit them with a neutral and one star for communication.