Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Prometheus

I am avid Alien fan and actually loved all 4 movies. I was wondering what other's opinions of Prometheus was? I just watched it this past week with my husband and really enjoyed the movie. I know some people really didn't care for it.

Thoughts?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

i actually haven't seen it yet. the reviews from friends were mixed, so I never made the effort to check it out.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I LOVED it. Was hooked after the first 5 minutes. Also a huge Alien(s) fan though.
projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i actually haven't seen it yet. the reviews from friends were mixed, so I never made the effort to check it out.
If you are an Alien fan, I think it is worth checking out. I heard mixed reviews, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
I LOVED it. Was hooked after the first 5 minutes. Also a huge Alien(s) fan though.
Me too! Normally, I fall asleep during movies especially longer ones and we didn't even start it until 9:30pm. Some of the parts were predicatable but I think that is only if you know the other 4 movies really well.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

my problem is whenever i watch aliens (any in the saga)
i always am waiting for michican jay frog to pop out

as for the movie it was not bad but i wanted more aliens

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

I didn't mind the Alien films, but I really didn't like Prometheus.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Prometheus grew on me. I've seen it 3 times now. The movie is very different from the first Alien and Aliens, and I can fully understand why that might upset some people. Those movies are ******* cool as **** and why wouldn't anyone want more of that same ******* cool *** ****! But still, I think Prometheus is a great film. There are details in it, small little things that I really enjoyed.

*** spoiler ***
For example, in the flight deck of the engineers ship, the navigational controls seem to be activated by a simple musical phrase played on a flute. And the music phrase wasn't some stupid cheesy melody, it was simple and exact, yet would be nearly impossible to guess. That is a weird little detail that I overlooked the first viewing but upon further thought it really had me thinking about how different cultures can do things slightly differently than we might do it.
*** end spoiler ***

There are a lot of unanswered questions in the movie, and at first that bothered me, but now I kinda dig it that it didn't spoon feed me answers to everything on a silver platter.

EDIT: I agree with IndySportsCards below, the sequel to Prometheus might be amazing. The setup for the sequel at the end of Prometheus, well, they are setting up one hell of an epic story/movie. I just hope they can pull it off.

Last edited by alexlazarevich; 11-04-2012 at 05:25 PM.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

I thought it was one of the best movies of the year. LOVED it. Can't wait for the sequel. The Sequel will probably give more of the aliens fans more of what they like in these movies, but I thought it was a great prequel.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awesome movie imo! Watched it twice the first night we rented it and paln on buying it sometime down the road.

The second one could be just incredible if they pull it off... I really like all of the sub plots... this one made you think and thats always good... no spoilers but what an interresting way to explain us
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

at the same time i wish there was more charlize theron
there never can be enough charlize

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
at the same time i wish there was more charlize theron
there never can be enough charlize
Why didn't she just roll to the side!
MadHandle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Great movie.
Haze28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I thought it was one of the best movies of the year. LOVED it. Can't wait for the sequel. The Sequel will probably give more of the aliens fans more of what they like in these movies, but I thought it was a great prequel.
The only thing I really liked about the film was the sequel looks to be f****** amazing.

I'll certainly be seeing the sequel, whenever it comes out.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Prometheus grew on me. I've seen it 3 times now. The movie is very different from the first Alien and Aliens, and I can fully understand why that might upset some people. Those movies are ******* cool as **** and why wouldn't anyone want more of that same ******* cool *** ****! But still, I think Prometheus is a great film. There are details in it, small little things that I really enjoyed.

*** spoiler ***
For example, in the flight deck of the engineers ship, the navigational controls seem to be activated by a simple musical phrase played on a flute. And the music phrase wasn't some stupid cheesy melody, it was simple and exact, yet would be nearly impossible to guess. That is a weird little detail that I overlooked the first viewing but upon further thought it really had me thinking about how different cultures can do things slightly differently than we might do it.
*** end spoiler ***

There are a lot of unanswered questions in the movie, and at first that bothered me, but now I kinda dig it that it didn't spoon feed me answers to everything on a silver platter.

EDIT: I agree with IndySportsCards below, the sequel to Prometheus might be amazing. The setup for the sequel at the end of Prometheus, well, they are setting up one hell of an epic story/movie. I just hope they can pull it off.
Great observation. Yeah, I liked that it left some things up in the air. I hope the sequel is amazing, too. It has such great pPotential
Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag

Awesome movie...me and my son have watched it several times. Ties everything together pretty nicely. All around must see if you like that genre of movies.
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

I thought it was better than the reviews made it out to be. It was not so good that I have to go buy it but I can see myself watching it on HBO when it airs a few times.

The campaign was also pretty funny, im not a comedy guy (happy gilmore and the goods live hard sell hard is all I really care for in comedy)
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #17 (permalink)

I rented it a few weekends ago and it was a decent movie.. Im not really in to those kind of flicks but for some reason I was drawn to this one. It was a 7 out of 10 for me..
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

I thought this movie was terrible.. Definitely worse than the Alien vs Predator series.