Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #226 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Still haven't educated yourself I see.

Feel free to PM and I can explain a bit more to you, I really don't care to type an essay on this forum. One of my heavy areas of study for the past few years is how drugs interact with the brain, all neurotransmitters - and how to fix it. Needless to say give me a few more months I've got something in the works
a stat i provided earlier


Quote:
California decriminalized marijuana in 1976, and, within the first six months, arrests for driving under the influence of drugs rose 46 percent for adults and 71.4 percent for juveniles.[33] Decriminalizing marijuana in Alaska and Oregon in the 1970s resulted in the doubling of use.[34] Patrick Murphy, a court-appointed lawyer for 31,000 abused and neglected children in Chicago, says that more than 80 percent of the cases of physical and sexual abuse of children now involve drugs. There is no evidence that legalizing drugs will reduce these crimes, and there is evidence that suggests it would worsen the problem.[35]
So what you are saying is legalizing pot will not have any negative impact on society?

Increase user base wont increase the percentages of abuse?

I bet they said the same thing about cigarettes and alcohol back in the 60s.

Telling me to educate myself is a pot shot at staring a fight again.

Frankly im done with this debate. It seems like people like yourself cannot live without pot so push for it to be legalized so that you have paths cleared to consume and distribute. You dont care about youth as they are just a side step in your path of getting your fix!!

Good luck.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 11-08-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #227 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
quotes from the article provided
The article quoted is split 50:50 just like this debate. You have pro and anti pot advocates quoted. Is there a reason you did this?
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #228 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Sure, I think they are always looking for new revenue generators. But I think they would put a dire emphasis on it if you took away a reliable source. Same reason why apple keeps billions in cash holdings and doesnt spend it all at expanding just because they have cash sitting around. Its all strategy.
There is nothing to replace the revenue lost from pot, IMO.
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #229 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,412
Default

References

Dwyer Jim, “On Arrests, Demographics, and Marijuana,” New York Times, April 30, 2008

Armentano Paul, National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws, September 24, 2007
Title: “Marijuana Arrests for Year 2006—829,625 Tops Record High”


Mirken Bruce, Marijuana Policy Project, September 27, 2007
Title: “Marijuana Arrests Set New Record for Fourth Year in a Row”


Gerber, Rudolph J. Legalizing Marijuana: Drug Policy Reform and Prohibition Politics. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2004. Print.

Holland, Julie. The Pot Book: A Complete Guide to Cannabis : Its Role in Medicine, Politics, Science, and Culture. Rochester, VT: Park Street, 2010. Print.
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #230 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
The article quoted is split 50:50 just like this debate. You have pro and anti pot advocates quoted. Is there a reason you did this?
Yes. it was my way of showing that I know there are positives to pot. But I know there are negatives to pot. You weigh the positive more than the negative. I do the opposite.

It gets frustrating when people come in and tell me to educate myself when they rip of facts without backing them up. The latest has a guy telling me that Im wrong to think that pot has negative impact even though he has been given examples, stats and links. He just goes back... Id did an essay and you are wrong. I cant debate that lol. You're better off using "my mom said so" and id probably give you a bit more credit for it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #231 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 447
Default

Might as well legalize cocaine too. It also comes from a plant ans the high wears off faster.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #232 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
References

Dwyer Jim, “On Arrests, Demographics, and Marijuana,” New York Times, April 30, 2008

Armentano Paul, National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws, September 24, 2007
Title: “Marijuana Arrests for Year 2006—829,625 Tops Record High”


Mirken Bruce, Marijuana Policy Project, September 27, 2007
Title: “Marijuana Arrests Set New Record for Fourth Year in a Row”


Gerber, Rudolph J. Legalizing Marijuana: Drug Policy Reform and Prohibition Politics. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2004. Print.

Holland, Julie. The Pot Book: A Complete Guide to Cannabis : Its Role in Medicine, Politics, Science, and Culture. Rochester, VT: Park Street, 2010. Print.
And what do they all say?

That they arrested more criminals peddling pot than anything else?
That the war on drugs is strong and we must keep it from taking more young lives?

What to the refs say?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #233 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Yes. it was my way of showing that I know there are positives to pot. But I know there are negatives to pot. You weigh the positive more than the negative. I do the opposite.

It gets frustrating when people come in and tell me to educate myself when they rip of facts without backing them up. The latest has a guy telling me that Im wrong to think that pot has negative impact even though he has been given examples, stats and links. He just goes back... Id did an essay and you are wrong. I cant debate that lol. You're better off using "my mom said so" and id probably give you a bit more credit for it.
Good! I have to say, this has been the most civil debate on BO, ever!
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #234 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
Good! I have to say, this has been the most civil debate on BO, ever!
I have a few questions for you;

If you could go back to alcohol prohibition and know the facts we know today on the causes of alcohol abuse/addiction/deaths, would you still legalize it? Yes or No?

If you could back 60 yrs and know the facts you do today about the negative impact that cigarettes cause, would you still be a supporter of them making it so widely available?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #235 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
And what do they all say?

That they arrested more criminals peddling pot than anything else?
That the war on drugs is strong and we must keep it from taking more young lives?

What to the refs say?
the 2010 one is the reference im referring to when it comes to how much we spend on enforcing pot laws alone
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #236 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
the 2010 one is the reference im referring to when it comes to how much we spend on enforcing pot laws alone
link it. I have no way of knowing what it says unless you provide a link to the information. You have to do some of the work in order to prove your point.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #237 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
link it. I have no way of knowing what it says unless you provide a link to the information. You have to do some of the work in order to prove your point.
Its not a link my friend its a book.
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #238 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
Its not a link my friend its a book.
Yea, a book on someones opinion on how Pot is good for you!! Thats her opinion, nothing more.

Get some hard facts on 22 billion spend on pot enforcement. Wait.. it was 15 billion a couple of posts later. Which one is it, how much is it and need a ref.

I cant find a govt link that shows the breakdown of the war on drugs and its costs.


http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock
This site has it at 15 billion for all drugs

quote from a cnn article
Quote:
What do you suppose the total price tag is for this failed war on drugs? One senior Harvard economist estimates we spend $44 billion a year fighting the war on drugs. He says if they were legal, governments would realize about $33 billion a year in tax revenue.
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-31/p..._s=PM:POLITICS


I cant find a place that says 22 billion on POT alone.

The number i keep seeing is 40 billion dollars is the cost of war on drugs.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 11-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #239 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Yea, a book on someones opinion on how Pot is good for you!! Thats her opinion, nothing more.

Get some hard facts on 22 billion spend on pot enforcement. Wait.. it was 15 billion a couple of posts later. Which one is it, how much is it and need a ref.

I cant find a govt link that shows the breakdown of the war on drugs and its costs.


Drug War Clock | DrugSense
This site has it at 15 billion for all drugs

quote from a cnn article


Commentary: War on drugs is insane - CNN


I cant find a place that says 22 billion on POT alone.

The number i keep seeing is 40 billion dollars is the cost of war on drugs.
I dont have the book anymore and secondly the book is not opinion its facts about cannabis. I wrote a essay on it for my biology course. Like i said I'm all for pot being legalized. Tobacco and Alcohol both are and both are FAR more dangerous
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #240 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
I dont have the book anymore and secondly the book is not opinion its facts about cannabis. I wrote a essay on it for my biology course. Like i said I'm all for pot being legalized. Tobacco and Alcohol both are and both are FAR more dangerous
Its not. I just read it on amazon. Its a pro stance on legalizing pot. That an opinion. It uses facts to promote that opinion. Your fact of 22 billion spent on the war on pot is wrong and you got that from that book. Let me know when you have a credible source for 22 billion or 15 billion spent on fighting pot.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #241 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,412
Default

Replacing marijuana prohibition with a system of legal regulation would
save approximately $7.7 billion in government expenditures on prohibition
enforcement
Cost of Marijuana Prohibition: Economic Analysis
I am off on my number then i guess the total savings and combined tax revenue would be 15 bill

I just dont see why it should be illegal doesnt make sense
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS

Last edited by chansen10; 11-08-2012 at 02:38 PM.
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #242 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I have a few questions for you;

If you could go back to alcohol prohibition and know the facts we know today on the causes of alcohol abuse/addiction/deaths, would you still legalize it? Yes or No?

If you could back 60 yrs and know the facts you do today about the negative impact that cigarettes cause, would you still be a supporter of them making it so widely available?
Both should be legal, IMO.
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #243 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
tajikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 13,244
Default

This "conversation" is never going to end, and frankly, it's gotten trite and repetitive. So, in conclusion, VW is for legalizing marijuana, while OJ is against. The other spattering of folks included in this conversation have added some points and counterpoints, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Should the recreational use of marijuana be legalized at a federal level? Maybe.
Do we have any way of knowing the scope of positive and negative impacts legalizing pot will have on our society as a whole? Nope.
Will legalizing pot cause bad things to happen? Sure.
Will not legalizing pot cause bad things to happen? Yep.

There simply isn't a yes or no answer to this. Again, it has the potential to impact our lives just as Roe V. Wade has. It's not cut and dry, black and white, right and wrong, do or don't do. This whole thing is full of what ifs. The only way we will know for certain if legalizing marijuana use recreationally at a federal level will do more good than harm, or more harm than good, is to actually do it. And as I stated before, this country is not mature enough yet to responsibly pull the trigger.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #244 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
This "conversation" is never going to end, and frankly, it's gotten trite and repetitive. So, in conclusion, VW is for legalizing marijuana, while OJ is against. The other spattering of folks included in this conversation have added some points and counterpoints, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Should the recreational use of marijuana be legalized at a federal level? Maybe.
Do we have any way of knowing the scope of positive and negative impacts legalizing pot will have on our society as a whole? Nope.
Will legalizing pot cause bad things to happen? Sure.
Will not legalizing pot cause bad things to happen? Yep.

There simply isn't a yes or no answer to this. Again, it has the potential to impact our lives just as Roe V. Wade has. It's not cut and dry, black and white, right and wrong, do or don't do. This whole thing is full of what ifs. The only way we will know for certain if legalizing marijuana use recreationally at a federal level will do more good than harm, or more harm than good, is to actually do it. And as I stated before, this country is not mature enough yet to responsibly pull the trigger.
This thread is a scary thought, people have all sorts of money for weed but they do not have money for food and clothes for their children. Got to love people's priorities.

Also why is there not a thread about gay marriages being legalized as well? That was also on the ballot again got to love people's priorities.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #245 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
Might as well legalize cocaine too. It also comes from a plant ans the high wears off faster.
Dumbest thing I ever heard. Sure it comes from a plant but it has to be humanly altered to be produced into a powder form. Marijuana does not have to be humanly altered as it flowers like a rose or other plants &/or vegetables. The care a hemp plant needs is sunlight & water without any other care or alterations from humans.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #246 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,859
Default

Nicely said Virgil. But I think most here could agree that the fact that we are even having this conversation seriously this soon is mind blowing. I had always for sure thought it would be well after my death.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #247 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Nicely said Virgil. But I think most here could agree that the fact that we are even having this conversation seriously this soon is mind blowing. I had always for sure thought it would be well after my death.
Thanks! We still have a long ways to go though as far as more states legalizing & regulating it. We also need to get the Federal Government to listen to reason for decriminalizing the recreational use of the marijuana which would have many positives & some negatives to it but by far way most positives.

For those who want to remain dumb & blind to all the facts & uses of medical, industrial & recreational uses of marijuana please refer to this site below.

NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #248 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,247
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
The care a hemp plant needs is sunlight & water without any other care or alterations from humans.
You mean a heat lamp in someones basement
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #249 (permalink)
Member
 
VWBUS1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SOUTH JERSEY
Posts: 5,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
You mean a heat lamp in someones basement
nope, i don't think that is what he meant.

you couldn't grow anything with a heat lamp, they do not have the right spectral output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
This thread is a scary thought, people have all sorts of money for weed but they do not have money for food and clothes for their children. Got to love people's priorities.

Also why is there not a thread about gay marriages being legalized as well? That was also on the ballot again got to love people's priorities.
i pay my mortgage and all my bills, feed and cloth myself and help out with my fiance and her son. my priority is them, this is a simple debate.
__________________
the fact that we exist, in a universe of sheer randomness, is scientific proof that there are aliens.
we are the aliens.
i can say that with 100% accuracy.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #250 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
nope, i don't think that is what he meant.

you couldn't grow anything with a heat lamp, they do not have the right spectral output.



i pay my mortgage and all my bills, feed and cloth myself and help out with my fiance and her son. my priority is them, this is a simple debate.
Just because you do doesn't mean everyone does.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.