Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #276 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmposs View Post
How the Federal Government Is blocking medical marijuana research
Marijuana may help PTSD. Why won’t the government find out for sure? - The Washington Post
Economic Contributions of the Distilled Spirits Industry | DISCUS

Read some of these links for education.

Nobody here has said legalize it just because they want to get "high". Our federal government picks and chooses what is deemed right and wrong yet it is not the popular opinion of the people for some matters. Regarding alcohol and the money we are spending "against" it:

The U.S. beverage alcohol industry is a major contributor to the economy, responsible for over $393 billion in total U.S. economic activity in 2009, generating nearly $90 billion in wages and over 3.9 million jobs for U.S. workers.

You look at the economic value and while it is impossible to predict the potential value of marijuana, you are telling me it will have no value to a nation in debt? You are not even curious a little?
You forgot 2 things in that equation of yours. The moral issues of a social negative impact on your youth and future as well as the financial burden that comes with having to deal with it.

If you want a referrendum on the issue then hold one. Im willing to bet if it was up to the people, they would favour keeping it illegal.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
As for my view on personal use? To each their own. I dont judge whether you are a user or not. If your choice to use it potentially dangers my life, then I have an issue as its against the law. Cited, fined, arrested, what ever it may be. I chose to keep it banned to avoid the chance. Whether it stops it or doesn't, atleast I know its not opening a gateway for more chances of happening all because its suddenly legal.
My choice to use it would never potentially danger your life. Even if we lived in the same city and I drove by you on a daily basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You stated that you were a multi decade user? Youve always had the choice of buying it. Being legal or illegal, how does that change anything? Its the younger underage generation that Im assuming will increase consumption, jump on board and take advantage of legalization even though it would be illegal for them. It just opens more chances.
You are stuck on the "well you can get it and do it anyways, so what is the difference?" well the fact that I wouldn't have to constantly be looking over my shoulder worrying about being in "trouble" over something so unimportant.

taking a break from the hobby once I secure this card

Last edited by ManInTheMirror; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 PM.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #278 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
My choice to use it would never potentially danger your life. Even if we lived in the same city and I drove by you on a daily basis.

You are stuck on the "well you can get it and do it anyways, so what is the difference?" well the fact that I wouldn't have to constantly be looking over my shoulder worrying about being in "trouble" over something so unimportant.
If it is so unimportant why even use it? Or do you mean unimportant as in weed vs. meth or something "bigger"? That is one of my pet peeves when it comes to marijuana, most people that want to use it keep saying "it does nothing" well if it does nothing why waste money on it? Also the whole medical crap I keep hearing, how do people that smoke it for medical reasons know it works best, has every single person that needs "medical marijuana" tried every type of medicine out there and only marijuana works for them? I have personally heard people say that they want only marijuana for medical use but will not try anything else. Why is it so hard for users to look at the whole picture? Try every option out there and then you might look a little bit more credible instead of just "I want medical marijuana, I will not try anything else at all."
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #279 (permalink)

Colorado just keeps getting better

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #280 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post

A person who drinks and drives thinks the same way. Why should they enforce drinking and driving because they dont want to worry about a cop troubling them over having a few drinks and driving home.

A person who sells heroin. Why should they enforce punishment for selling a drug someone demands? Why should they have to worry about a cop and looking over their shoulder over something so unimportant that doesnt affect you either??

You can make that argument for everything that is illegal. Im not stuck on anything. This is a prime example of people wanting laws to open up so they can increase activity without having to worry about any negative impact on them. "lets get rid of the speed limit as well. I dont want to worry about cops trying to stop me from going 200 km/hr."
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #281 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
If it is so unimportant why even use it? Or do you mean unimportant as in weed vs. meth or something "bigger"? That is one of my pet peeves when it comes to marijuana, most people that want to use it keep saying "it does nothing" well if it does nothing why waste money on it? Also the whole medical crap I keep hearing, how do people that smoke it for medical reasons know it works best, has every single person that needs "medical marijuana" tried every type of medicine out there and only marijuana works for them? I have personally heard people say that they want only marijuana for medical use but will not try anything else. Why is it so hard for users to look at the whole picture? Try every option out there and then you might look a little bit more credible instead of just "I want medical marijuana, I will not try anything else at all."

I personally think people believe something works because they make themselves believe it. Just like a heroin addict telling you that they "need" another hit because it helps them as well. If anything, thats addiction!! "I need it"
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Medical Mary Jane is about not taken prescription drugs that will give you other bs side effects, or long term use of certain drugs will give you liver cancer a lot faster then lung cancer from weed.

Cancer patients undergoing chemo have issues with eating anything at all and keeping food down when they do eat. Well that is not the case with weed.

I wish my government would just legalize it, but I never see that day coming. They stand to lose to much if they legalize it.

As long as prescription drugs, liquir, and the Catholic Church have lobbying in DC, weed will be forever illegal on a federal level.

I also believe that states will continue to legalize one by one as budgets continue to come up short.

I wish you could have an intelligent conversation in this country about the whole political process and reform it.
Currently starting on a set of 96-97 Topps Chrome Refractors all PSA 9. lMK if looking to sell something I may need thanks. Currently Have 1 of 220 and bidding on one more currently.Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote