Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I take it then that you have personally smoked marijuana yourself? You speak as tho you are the know-it-all on the subject after all.
I have no reason to. Its 100% pychological in my opinion. The need for anything is 100% psycological.

As much as I havent smoked pot, have you smoked pot for decades to show that there is no adverse affects? Stupid argument.

I dont need to smoke ilegal drugs to know that they have effects. Long term and short term.

I dont need speak about being a "Know it all". Talk to Bostonut if you think Pot cures all and does no damage and ask him about a friend he lost due to someone driving high. Want to tell me that 2nd hand smoking doesnt hurt? Ask a doctor about cancers found in people worked in workplaces that allowed smoking eventhough they never lit up once. Im sure you think drinking and driving is all good so as long as you dont kill anyone??

Pretty easy line here. Right from wrong. What next? Want to give me an excuse as to why shipping items late is okay so as long as you have a lot of friends?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #77 (permalink)

i will quote something someone said on the boards earlier today:
"the amount of misinformation in this thread is insane."

friarbolt and orangejello, i really think you need to read into some of what you're both saying. most of it is outright government propaganda.

right now, the social programs exist for people that abuse drugs. that is not going to change for a long time. you have prescription pills people get addicted to and some die as a result. you have illicit hard drugs: same thing, alcohol: same thing.

the funding comes from our tax dollars. no revenue comes from black market sales, so it comes from the working class.

$20 million in tax revenue (that might be true just for rhode island)

you're talking about a MULTI Billion dollar (illegal) industry.
right now, all of that money goes AWAY from the economy.

if we decriminalized, and taxed and regulated, you're looking at a minimum of a billion dollars saved in improsonment. as well as generating income, taxes, jobs, and a whole new industry that is self-sufficient (ie. the money stays IN COUNTRY)

right now the pipeline is open (whether legal or illegal) and the money is flowing to mexico, canada and elsewhere.

would ya'll rather keep the pipeline open to the black market, or allow free market to take over. because the money and weed is going to change hands, somehow, somewhere, right now, everyday.... and the money is not going into the hands of US business owners, it's going to drug cartels and drug lords.

ONCE AGAIN: WE HAVE TRIED ILLEGALIZATION FOR NEARLY 100 YEARS: LET'S CHANGE, AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, BECAUSE WHAT WE'RE DOING RIGHT NOW, AND WHAT YOU'RE ADVOCATING HAS NOT WORKED, AND WILL CONTINUE TO FAIL AND COST ALL OF US PRECIOUS TAX DOLLARS, TIME, AND LIVES.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
As much as I havent smoked pot, have you smoked pot for decades to show that there is no adverse affects? Stupid argument.
Yes I have- so would you like to have that "stupid arguement" dear sir?
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Subscribed.............
coyne81486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #81 (permalink)

There are laws against robbery, assault, running red lights, and driving while intoxicated. These are not reasons to criminalize marijuana.

Jeez, look at the stupid criminal things people do for cards. Should we make cards illegal?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

Washington state projects 1.9 billion dollars in the next 5 years from this law. Yes, billion. Great step in the right direction. The stuff is disgusting, smell sucks, but it is the same thing as alcohol. If you have too much, you are under the influence. I mean there is barely a difference between the two things, and if you do a side by side comparison, marijuana > alcohol. Moderation, laws will be in place. It's not like they will allow people to have 3489728235127172 pounds of it. I believe you can only have an ounce?

Last edited by nuccionino; 11-07-2012 at 03:05 PM.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmposs View Post
How are they short term benefits? There is no long term cure for a lot of these issues, and the ones I listed barely touch the surface of its benefits. Immunity does not happen to marijuana, yes you can build a tolerance but most don't all of a sudden seek out more and more and more. Your long term problems could be tied to anything in America: video games, fast and processed food, obesity, alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs.

Thats the point. Advocacy of not legalzing a drug that can cause long term issues in order to eleviate short term problems. It like me giving you a pay day loan for $1000 at 12000% interest. Yea it helps today, but you're fcked tomorrow. How is that a solution? Yea pot is fun right now, but what about tomorrow and the issues that it causes with more usage?

Speaking personally, I am a working professional and know many people that function just fine in their everyday life while smoking "pot". It has helped with my anxiety and helped me to become MORE active and outgoing and I have tried other methods including medication and counseling.

I have friends who will sit here in front of you today and say that they use every drug under the sun and claim they're "just fine" as they still function day to day. I can surely find someone on heroin that will tell you that they are better off on it then without it. Whats the point? Of course the subjective view of a USER is always going to have a positive spin as if everything is all fine, because its pretty clear that if it wasnt, you wouldnt be doing it. Go ask someone who pigs out on big macs all day long, they will tell you there is nothing wrong with eating big macs all day because they havent had any problems yet.

Regarding concern for younger users to receive easier access look at the studies that have been performed over and over and over. It is easier for younger kids to get marijuana than it is alcohol, do you really think that would stay the same if we took it off the streets and put an age and maturity limit?

If you gave them a legal path to getting it, I definately think user numbers would increase. You take away the criminal factor and everyone and their mothers that were once scared to buy/sell or even buy in care of will now not be afraid at all without a criminal violation element involved. Plus its logical, the more you spread the word on it being legal and available, the more consumption goes up. Are you suggesting that by legalizing pot will elimate underage use? LOL. Whats stopping them today that wouldnt stop them when its suddenly legal?

I can appreciate your concerns and thoughts but to me this argument is the same as fighting for gay rights, or the right to vote or drink. This country is progressing even with backward laws that the federal government currently has in place. This argument is not going to die down, if anything it will further increase now that states are moving in the right direction.
I dont care for your rights to marry whatever gender you want. I date for your right to smoke or drink. I definately dont for your right to vote. They are your choices that affect you. Especially on the marriage front. But your right to drive drunk? Your right to smoke in public places? Your right to be impaired via being high and enter public space that could cause harm to me? Damn right im against it. IM against anything you can do to ruin my life because you were too stupid to realize the impact of your choices. So if it takes a law to stop you from trying to kill me? Im all for it.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Clearly you are a prime example of what pot can do to you through long term use. Its already affecting your judgement call. The example is right in front of us.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I dont care for your rights to marry whatever gender you want. I date for your right to smoke or drink. I definately dont for your right to vote. They are your choices that affect you. Especially on the marriage front. But your right to drive drunk? Your right to smoke in public places? Your right to be impaired via being high and enter public space that could cause harm to me? Damn right im against it. IM against anything you can do to ruin my life because you were too stupid to realize the impact of your choices. So if it takes a law to stop you from trying to kill me? Im all for it.
I don't know if I missed it, are you against alcohol being legal as well? No one is advocating driving under the influence, well at least they shouldn't. And this law isn't saying you can.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Clearly you are a prime example of what pot can do to you through long term use. Its already affecting your judgement call. The example is right in front of us.
This thread was civil, then you said this. Please learn something about a topic before trying to debate it. Because it is clear, you don't know anything about it.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I don't know if I missed it, are you against alcohol being legal as well? No one is advocating driving under the influence, well at least they shouldn't. And this law isn't saying you can.
And what you think that legalizing pot is going to lead to less drivers driving high? LOL? Explain that logic to me.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
This thread was civil, then you said this. Please learn something about a topic before trying to debate it. Because it is clear, you don't know anything about it.
This thread went out the door as soon as he decided to take a personal attack on me because I dont care for a pot head to have ample oppurtunity on ruining a civilized society.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
A prime example of you being absolutely freaking obnoxious. Too bad.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
This thread went out the door as soon as he decided to take a personal attack on me because I dont care for a pot head to have ample oppurtunity on ruining a civilized society.
I personally attacked you?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
And what you think that legalizing pot is going to lead to less drivers driving high? LOL? Explain that logic to me.
Did I say that? I was unaware I said that. I'm saying that people regardless if legal or not, will make bad choices, the same choices.

Quote:
You have no clue what you are talking about, none what so ever. So I guess you are better then anyone who smokes weed? That's false.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #92 (permalink)

I don't support driving under the influence and where are you getting that Legalizing will increase your chances of getting killed by someone under the influence. Your arguments were initially naive now they're just ignorant
wmposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
A country where a plant a lot less harmful than tobacco and alcohol is legal.

What a GREAT night it's been today!

Wish I lived in Colorado
Another dumb kid who has 1 semester of college under his belt and has it all figured out.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmposs View Post
I don't support driving under the influence and where are you getting that Legalizing will increase your chances of getting killed by someone under the influence. Your arguments were initially naive now they're just ignorant
Well what happens when you legalize something? Consumption usually rises? no?

Right now pot is ilegal. How many people drive under the influence of pot or while being high?

Tomorrow pot is legal. How many people will drive under the influence of pot or while being high ?

While you may not know the answer accruately, can you atleast give a logical theory on if it would increase or decrese with legalization? Or atleast the oppurtunity for it?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #95 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Right now pot is ilegal. How many people drive under the influence of pot or while being high?

Tomorrow pot is legal. How many people will drive under the influence of pot or while being high ?
The main question that is not even in the realm of your brain-

How many people have driven while being high and have never gotten in an accident and never will?

The answer would surprise you.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well what happens when you legalize something? Consumption usually rises? no?

While you may not know the answer accruately, can you atleast give a logical theory on if it would increase or decrese with legalization? Or atleast the oppurtunity for it?
Everyone I know who turned 21, drink LESS alcohol then they did before 21. it was exciting, a risk to them. Now it's whatever to them, boring. People like risks. Who is to say marijuana won't do the same thing? I still want to know if you want alcohol banned as well?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
A prime example of you being absolutely freaking obnoxious. Too bad.
This usually happens when you support a friend through blinders. Im sorry you think im obnoxious because I replied to someone putting me down.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

Also, since apparently if you smoke weed you aren't smart...

My personal experience of being around weed, the top 5 places I smelt it/people were doing it the most? University of Michigan, one of the most prestigious schools in America. People do it daily there, to relax, and they don't seem too dumb. It is such a myth that marijuana makes you more dumb.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
This usually happens when you support a friend through blinders. Im sorry you think im obnoxious because I replied to someone putting me down.
Me supporting a friend? No...

IMAC, is that you?