Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #176 (permalink)

I think this thread has run its course, the whole argument against Orangejello is a personal thing now and has gotten away from the issue at hand.

Also I prefer chocolate pudding to orange jello anyway, anyone have a Cobsy gif?
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #177 (permalink)

Let's get this back on track. No personal bashing. Please.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #178 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
A certain someone sure is selective in regards to which comments he chooses to respond to.
That is also you, I responded on page three to a comment you said and nothing was ever said back.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
That is also you, I responded on page three to a comment you said and nothing was ever said back.
You never asked me a question. You never said anything to me personally that required a response. Unless you (incorrectly) assuming I think and/or act like I know everything based off of one comment warranted me replying?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #180 (permalink)

hrmm
Im not going back through 8 pages to read the entire thing....
Suffice to say, Weed legalization is a farce and those chanting "YAY" will be going "WTF" 2 years from now
This will not decrease weed related arrests but increase them
Old 11-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
I think this begs repeating as there were few responses.

Taboo substances beg to be used by those who might not ever choose to try something like marijuana, were it next to cheese at the grocery store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win4Vin View Post

THANK YOU!!! I'm glad someone actually took the time to read those links I posted on page 2. There is a lot of bickering going on in here between people making assumptions or playing with hypotheticals. Take a second to read up on Portugal which is a real-life experiment in decriminalization of ALL drugs (going on 11 years now). There are some very interesting findings in the whitepaper, regardless of which camp you're in.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #182 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTribe!!! View Post
Then, in your way of thought shouldn't cars be illegal?
No.

Going over the speed limit is illegal and punishable. Not driving cars and cars themselves being illegal.

If the speed limit is 100 km/hr and going over it is punishable by law, then should we increase the limit to 200 km/hr so that anyone going over 100 would be legal? You think that would decrease driving related deaths? I dont.

The point of me speeding is that it was illegal and if caught I face a penalty. WHy can't we keep pot the same way? Illegal and penalty bound if caught? What are we doing by legalizing it? In my opinion we opening up more oppurtunity to the negative aspect of the drug.

Some advocate the negative aspect, some advocate the positive.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
THANK YOU!!! I'm glad someone actually took the time to read those links I posted on page 2. There is a lot of bickering going on in here between people making assumptions or playing with hypotheticals. Take a second to read up on Portugal which is a real-life experiment in decriminalization of ALL drugs (going on 11 years now). There are some very interesting findings in the whitepaper, regardless of which camp you're in.
You do not understand.....
They do not want to decriminalize it,they want to profit from it and be the only seller of it.
This has nothing to do with anything but making millions in taxes as well as millions in agricultural contracts from companies like Monsantos.
Selling weed will be criminal now due to tax fraud. Selling without a tax stamp...think moonshine and bootlegging.
NOW,they will be able to seize your entire worth for tax fraud instead of taking your weed and giving you 11/29
I cannot believe more people do not see what is really going on here.
There will be bigger payouts for arrests which will show a profit for arresting such people where as now it is only a waste of time for the criminal system.
I could care less if people smoke or do not smoke,but the smokers and "Freedom" ranters really are missing the big picture here...and it ain't legalization of weed.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
They do not want to decriminalize it,they want to profit from it and be the only seller of it.
This has nothing to do with anything but making millions in taxes as well as millions in agricultural contracts from companies like Monsantos.
Selling weed will be criminal now due to tax fraud. Selling without a tax stamp...think moonshine and bootlegging.
NOW,they will be able to seize your entire worth for tax fraud instead of taking your weed and giving you 11/29
There will be bigger payouts for arrests which will show a profit for arresting such people where as now it is only a waste of time for the criminal system.
I could care less if people smoke or do not smoke,but the smokers and "Freedom" ranters really are missing the big picture here...and it ain't legalization of weed.
i agree, it is not the same. i never said i was for or against medicinal use, recreational use, OR decriminalization. nor was i defending or discrediting the merits and motives of taxing marijuana sales. i just wanted to share some pertinent information found in studies of Portugal's decriminalization. since you probably didn't even read it, i'm going to take myself offline and let you gents carry on.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
My best friend in high school who is currently six feet under ground (killed by a driver who was high) would like to have a word with you.
Never said weed was a safe drug, but the data suggests that it is LESS harmful than tobacco and alcohol which are 100% legal.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #186 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
another link with references for the negative impact. I also want to stress that because certain nations are dealing with legalizations in a positive way does not mean it will be met with the same results in another nation. This is a hot topic when it comes to universal healthcare.

Legalization - Myths and Facts
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
another link with references for the negative impact. I also want to stress that because certain nations are dealing with legalizations in a positive way does not mean it will be met with the same results in another nation. This is a hot topic when it comes to universal healthcare.

Legalization - Myths and Facts
awesome, now we're talking and having an honest fact-driven debate. thanks for sharing. i will read this at home tonight (it's being blocked by my office firewall) and make my own decisions on the matter in private.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #188 (permalink)

Expect more DUIs
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
i agree, it is not the same. i never said i was for or against medicinal use, recreational use, OR decriminalization. nor was i defending or discrediting the merits and motives of taxing marijuana sales. i just wanted to share some pertinent information found in studies of Portugal's decriminalization. since you probably didn't even read it, i'm going to take myself offline and let you gents carry on.
Failed based on your post AFTER this one

I was not poking you I simply quoted you and applied my thought to the topic, not you.
I did not mean to bruise your vagina. I was giving my input, not arguing
Pull the stick out and breath...or leave it in,leave off with a remark about leaving and then continue posting again
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #190 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
Expect more DUIs
and how are they going to determine is someone is high or not?
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Failed based on your post AFTER this one

I was not poking you I simply quoted you and applied my thought to the topic, not you.
I did not mean to bruise your vagina. I was giving my input, not arguing
Pull the stick out and breath...or leave it in,leave off with a remark about leaving and then continue posting again
wow, A+ for calling me out on semantics. yes, i failed because i continued with another comment. i guess i really do need to take my bruised vagina offline. last time i try to add some insight to a grown up discussion. oh, wait...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
and how are they going to determine is someone is high or not?
The paranoid test....
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #193 (permalink)

Why can't we all just smoke weed and get along?
wmposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
If this is true, so be it. At least users wouldn't be in jail for meaningless possession. I wouldn't mind.

But, I have my doubts on this theory.
Don't you think If the major corporations wanted this, they would have had serious lobbyists pushing the issue before, during and after the elections? Or even a slight presence in congress? It's simply not the case right now, and if all states could have ballot provisions, i think more states would be on the track. I also don't think they would want any sort of negative stigma surrounding their multi billion dollar businesses. Besides that, I would think the government giving full control of production would be some sort of antitrust violation. We're a free market economy, I think.

I am more inclined to think that if it was legalized, it would resemble something akin to the liquor and tobacco industries. There would be a few large producers and a slew of smaller producers, like a microbrewery. Just a thought.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #195 (permalink)

my friend is the proud owner of georgewkush.com
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #196 (permalink)

I used to be against weed like it was cancer. I had a girlfriend who smoked occasionally and I hated her for it.

Then I grew up and realized that people can make decisions for themselves on what they put into their bodies and my stance has changed 180 degrees. I don't smoke cigarettes, I drink very rarely and I have never even tried weed... but I also realize that we are god damn grown ups!

Yes, there will be people who abuse, but how is that different than anything else? If there is a system, people will game it. Hell, it happens in our hobby every damn day. That doesn't mean that we should outlaw it for everyone. I have read the studies, I know the risks and I know plenty of people who smoke or have smoked. Regulate it like alcohol, tax it and be done with it. It has been illegal for too long.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #197 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
I used to be against weed like it was cancer. I had a girlfriend who smoked occasionally and I hated her for it.

Then I grew up and realized that people can make decisions for themselves on what they put into their bodies and my stance has changed 180 degrees. I don't smoke cigarettes, I drink very rarely and I have never even tried weed... but I also realize that we are god damn grown ups!

Yes, there will be people who abuse, but how is that different than anything else? If there is a system, people will game it. Hell, it happens in our hobby every damn day. That doesn't mean that we should outlaw it for everyone. I have read the studies, I know the risks and I know plenty of people who smoke or have smoked. Regulate it like alcohol, tax it and be done with it. It has been illegal for too long.
This is what I was trying to say, love it.

Last edited by nuccionino; 11-07-2012 at 10:35 PM.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
If this is true, so be it. At least users wouldn't be in jail for meaningless possession. I wouldn't mind.

But, I have my doubts on this theory.
Don't you think If the major corporations wanted this, they would have had serious lobbyists pushing the issue before, during and after the elections? Or even a slight presence in congress? It's simply not the case right now, and if all states could have ballot provisions, i think more states would be on the track. I also don't think they would want any sort of negative stigma surrounding their multi billion dollar businesses. Besides that, I would think the government giving full control of production would be some sort of antitrust violation. We're a free market economy, I think.

I am more inclined to think that if it was legalized, it would resemble something akin to the liquor and tobacco industries. There would be a few large producers and a slew of smaller producers, like a microbrewery. Just a thought.

VW
You need to check out Utah sometime.
The liquor industry is state owned and operated.
18 states have ABC in effect but most offer contracts and licenses. Utah controls the whole thing.
I expect Colorado to do the same thing for the control and revenue. As I implied, I also expect big farming business to pay out the back-side for the agricultural rights. I expect other states to follow suit, I just hope mine is last.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #199 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

lemon haze......mmmm good stuff
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #200 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The paranoid test....
lol that would be a fun traffic stop
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote