Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,709
Default Weed legalized.....

Amendment 64 Passes: Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
azviking101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 719
Default

what is the United States coming to...
__________________
Coo loo coo coo coo coo coo coo!
Vikings, Twins, MLB & NFL vets & HOF
Trade Bucket- http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/azviking101/library/Trade%20Bucket?sort=2&page=1
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,709
Default

A faster demise I hope...i mean, after tonight's election i would consider this the nail that starts the avalanche
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,514
Default

Only smoke cigarettes here, but it's about time. Slowly every state will get the memo on this "issue."

Strange that cigarettes which could slowly kill me seem less villainized than marijuana in the Western World.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,031
Default

Well, we only have what, just over 6 weeks left?
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
what is the United States coming to...
A country where a plant a lot less harmful than tobacco and alcohol is legal.

What a GREAT night it's been today!

Wish I lived in Colorado
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,818
Default

Feds will knock this down just as they have in other places.
Sad but true.
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
GA0
Member
 
GA0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
what is the United States coming to...
In a country where more harmful alcohol and cigarettes are legal, I'd say the US is coming to its senses.

My parents live in Colorado, hopefully the entire process gets finished before they moved lol.
__________________
Check Out My Cards on COMC
15% auto accept, bigger offers i'll look at and either accept or at least counteroffer.

Last edited by GA0; 11-07-2012 at 12:39 AM.
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,848
Default

searching for jobs in colorado..............
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
Feds will knock this down just as they have in other places.
Sad but true.
The ball has to start rolling somewhere.

Once 10 or 15 states legalize it, the Federal government will be able to act accordingly. Every state that follows Colorado will be taking a step toward the big picture. Toward Federal legislation permitting its use.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,489
Default

ZOMG THIS IS POLITICAL IN NATUREee .

But for real...good for those states. It's a step in the right direction.
__________________
Check out my mis/underpriced COMC account; My laziness is your gain! Over 2000 items, all 4 sports.
- **Now running a 35% off sale**.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,711
Default

People who use the argument that it's no worse than alcohol or tobacco say that as if those aren't bad things. It's not like those aren't the cause of a lot of problems as well, don't add to the problems by legalizing yet another dangerous substance.

And I actually drink before you call me a prude, just in moderation. But I would give up that right if I felt it caused more problems than it was worth. No beer or joint is worth the millions killed by these substances.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
The ball has to start rolling somewhere.

Once 10 or 15 states legalize it, the Federal government will be able to act accordingly. Every state that follows Colorado will be taking a step toward the big picture. Toward Federal legislation permitting its use.
Perhaps but the private prison system needs the fodder to continue with its insane profit margins which are paid for via tax dollars.

Lastly never legalize... DECRIMINALIZE.
I don't want big tobacco to have control of the market.
If it does burst open I would have the desire to patent any strain/seed before Monsanto can.
I know some will disagree but I do not feel that a step to make it legal is the correct step and will hurt us in the future.
Decriminalize and let a free p2p system dominate the market as well as INVENT and GROW the market.

For example there are over 100+ different types of corn in the world that you can purchase but how many of your local stores sell more then yellow, sweet, or white corn?
They will streamline it and you will be stuck with several types to choose from and they will regulate/tax the hell out of it.
You will be stuck with garbage and who knows what kind of laws will be put into place about you growing your own.
Then we will be taxed on it over and over and eventually it will be similar to tobacco and dont you dare try to improve it... unless you have deeper pockets then, Monsanto/ConAgra.
PS: I do not use marijuana but feel that anyone should have the right to choose what they do in their own damn home.
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.

Last edited by thor_rider08; 11-07-2012 at 12:57 AM.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Thommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,529
Default

So when can we buy these?
__________________
"It's easier to pick off a fast runner than to pick off a lazy runner." -Vin Scully
Kinda Superish Collecting Dee Gordon, GO DODGERS!!!

My Bucket: http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/Thommy69/library/?sort=3&page=0
Thommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,709
Default

Yah,the people cheering for it are short-sighted and clueless

The fact it is state cultivated means pesticides,means penalties for distribution without paying taxes,means big money bids for growing right and like he said, Monsantos will be there in the driver's seat
yah,good luck with that weed that has the toxicity of my cancer sticks
Then you can get high and cancer while driving 12 MPH down the freeway
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
People who use the argument that it's no worse than alcohol or tobacco say that as if those aren't bad things. It's not like those aren't the cause of a lot of problems as well, don't add to the problems by legalizing yet another dangerous substance.

And I actually drink before you call me a prude, just in moderation. But I would give up that right if I felt it caused more problems than it was worth. No beer or joint is worth the millions killed by these substances.
The thing is...those aren't necessarily "bad" things in moderation.

Having lived in the liberal haven of Santa Cruz, I never once saw anything dangerous come of smoking a joint. Most people, who limited themselves sufficiently, seemed just as productive/functional whether "under the influence" or not. Some people become lethargic and useless, sure. Same people that would just waste their day away, regardless.

Comes down to personal freedoms for me. Even if those freedoms aren't my own.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,318
Default

c'mon man weed kills? really? anyone stupid enough to drive impaired period deserves what they get. but weed is so much less toxic, addictive, and everything else compared to booze. i never woke up wanting to puke and dehydrated, feeling like i wanted to die the next day from smoking too much weed. i'll tell you that much. i don't even smoke weed anymore, but i'm all for it being legalized and wouldn't mind being able to smoke a little socially without having to worry about losing my job.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
Perhaps but the private prison system needs the fodder to continue with its insane profit margins which are paid for via tax dollars.

Lastly never legalize... DECRIMINALIZE.
I don't want big tobacco to have control of the market.
If it does burst open I would have the desire to patent any strain/seed before Monsanto can.
I know some will disagree but I do not feel that a step to make it legal is the correct step and will hurt us in the future.
Decriminalize and let a free p2p system dominate the market.
True. I was pissed when Arnold built three giant prisons as our governor.

Maybe there could be a comparison to making your own microbrews here. If you know someone with the right clones/strains, you can have your own small hydroponic setup and have enough harvests for all of time.

And really, I'm so tired of the Feds coming in and taking away one substance that actually helps cancer patients somewhat cheaply. The medicinal properties, for the naysayers out there, cannot be overlooked.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
The thing is...those aren't necessarily "bad" things in moderation.

Having lived in the liberal haven of Santa Cruz, I never once saw anything dangerous come of smoking a joint. Most people, who limited themselves sufficiently, seemed just as productive/functional whether "under the influence" or not. Some people become lethargic and useless, sure. Same people that would just waste their day away, regardless.

Comes down to personal freedoms for me. Even if those freedoms aren't my own.
Personal freedom is important, but the issue for me becomes when it affects others. Most people would agree with this logic, do whatever you want until your actions start affecting my life. Then it becomes a problem, and I think that's a fair complaint at that point.

Like alcohol, marijuana can inhibit your ability to think and act clearly. Like both tobacco and alcohol, it has long term health effects. So the way I look at it is that it does affect other people. How long until we have the first guy stoned out of his mind who kills a pedestrian just like a drunk driver? It's bad enough dealing with secondhand cigarette smoke, now those issues will increase and I would imagine adding another legal substance people smoke to the mix will significantly increase issues like that.

It just saddens me that in this country many people hide their selfish desires behind the disguise of freedom. There has yet to be a person born that couldn't survive and thrive without alchohol, tobacco, and marijuana. They are luxuries and at least in my humble opinion the harm outweighs the pleasure. Not calling anyone in this thread out who supports it, just talking more in generalities since that tends to be what causes things like this to happen. A mob mentality of people with lower mental capacities than those of us debating in this thread who are only worried about their own short-term, selfish motives.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/

Last edited by friarbolt; 11-07-2012 at 01:02 AM.
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
Perhaps but the private prison system needs the fodder to continue with its insane profit margins which are paid for via tax dollars.

Lastly never legalize... DECRIMINALIZE.
I don't want big tobacco to have control of the market.
If it does burst open I would have the desire to patent any strain/seed before Monsanto can.
I know some will disagree but I do not feel that a step to make it legal is the correct step and will hurt us in the future.
Decriminalize and let a free p2p system dominate the market as well as INVENT and GROW the market.

For example there are over 100+ different types of corn in the world that you can purchase but how many of your local stores sell more then yellow, sweet, or white corn?
They will streamline it and you will be stuck with several types to choose from and they will regulate/tax the hell out of it.
You will be stuck with garbage and who knows what kind of laws will be put into place about you growing your own.
Then we will be taxed on it over and over and eventually it will be similar to tobacco and dont you dare try to improve it... unless you have deeper pockets then, Monsanto/ConAgra.
PS: I do not use marijuana but feel that anyone should have the right to choose what they do in their own damn home.
Even if big companies get into making weed available like cigarettes, they will never be able to control the market as people who smoke now, will have no problem still going to their local dealer who will probably have to lower prices to compete.

If legalized, it will cost much much less for smokers to purchase it, as you can't limit the market for something like that, by the government adding to the market, all it can do is lower the price for the consumer.

I can't wait for that day to happen
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Personal freedom is important, but the issue for me becomes when it affects others. Most people would agree with this logic, do whatever you want until your actions start affecting my life. Then it becomes a problem, and I think that's a fair complaint at that point.

Like alcohol, marijuana can inhibit your ability to think and act clearly. Like both tobacco and alcohol, it has long term health effects. So the way I look at it is that it does affect other people. How long until we have the first guy stoned out of his mind who kills a pedestrian just like a drunk driver? It's bad enough dealing with secondhand cigarette smoke, now those issues will increase and I would imagine adding another legal substance people smoke to the mix will significantly increase issues like that.

It just saddens me that in this country many people hide their selfish desires behind the disguise of freedom. There has yet to be a person born that couldn't survive and thrive without alchohol, tobacco, and marijuana. They are luxuries and at least in my humble opinion the harm outweighs the pleasure. Not calling anyone in this thread out just talking more in generalities since that tends to be what causes things like this to happen. A mob mentality of people with lower mental capacities than those of us debating in this thread who are only worried about their own short-term, selfish motives.
people already drive everyday stoned out of their minds, legalization doesn't change that fact. i used to drive stoned all the time when i was a dumb kid. i don't drive impaired at all anymore, but from past experiences driving stoned is a lot easier and safer than drunk ( not condoning either). maybe it just isn't reported or documented as heavily as drunk driving accidents, but you hardly ever hear about some dude that just smoked 2 joints killing a family of 5 on his way to 7-11 for munchies.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
FanboyOfNone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
c'mon man weed kills? really? anyone stupid enough to drive impaired period deserves what they get. but weed is so much less toxic, addictive, and everything else compared to booze. i never woke up wanting to puke and dehydrated, feeling like i wanted to die the next day from smoking too much weed. i'll tell you that much. i don't even smoke weed anymore, but i'm all for it being legalized and wouldn't mind being able to smoke a little socially without having to worry about losing my job.
0 recorded ODs.

Good points. I've seen people in all walks of life having to hide their "habit." Many times you never know who smokes or who doesn't, but once someone finds out...uh oh!

In England, I stayed with a woman twice who smoked AND did "harder" drugs. She was fantastic at her well-paying job and very professional. You'd never know she tried any illicit drug in her life. I'm taking the Ron Paul stance of freedoms with personal accountability here.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
people already drive everyday stoned out of their minds, legalization doesn't change that fact. i used to drive stoned all the time when i was a dumb kid. i don't drive impaired at all anymore, but from past experiences driving stoned is a lot easier and safer than drunk ( not condoning either). maybe it just isn't reported or documented as heavily as drunk driving accidents, but you hardly ever hear about some dude that just smoked 2 joints killing a family of 5 on his way to 7-11 for munchies.
It opens up a whole new can of worms though. Obviously the number of people doing it will increase significantly and therefore increase the chances of bad things happening.

It's just not worth the risk, after all what is the upside? Well, most people use the freedom argument, but again my logic is that with how harmful and potentially dangerous it can be that's not a very good argument. Then there's legalize it because people do it anyway. I don't like that argument either because increasing the usage isn't a good thing, at least having it taboo and illegal keeps it in check to an extent. All that really leaves is do it because it's fun and I like it, but I would hope most people would see the big picture and realize that just because it's "fun" doesn't make it safe or healthy or worth it to smoke it. You have to be very selfish and short-sighted to overlook all the circumstances and issues to be solely focused on getting high regardless of the consequences. And unfortunately most of of country is that way. Instant gratification, lazy, no accountability. This is modern America.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Even if big companies get into making weed available like cigarettes, they will never be able to control the market as people who smoke now, will have no problem still going to their local dealer who will probably have to lower prices to compete.

If legalized, it will cost much much less for smokers to purchase it, as you can't limit the market for something like that, by the government adding to the market, all it can do is lower the price for the consumer.

I can't wait for that day to happen
Government control on this market will dictate everything and its the only way I can see it becoming legal.
Of course it will be cheap as it will be subsidized by our tax dollars in the same fashion corn is.

Please do not think they will not impose extreme taxes on growing your own for profit. Have you seen tobacco taxes at the core level? At the extended levels? I have and its absurd. Please take a look. If it is the direction its going then the cost will be so extreme no one would grow under these circumstances. If they did they would be raked over the coals just like they are now for breaking the law.
I know what these taxes are b/c I was in court over several machines I purchased and was charged with manufacturing even though I do not sell tobacco or tubes. Which makes no sense to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNr3-l_-Hhw
I am not saying its the same but if its in this direction the people who think this is amazing will soon come to realize what a mistake it was.
JMHO.... I could be very wrong and I hope I am but I thought I would at least give my honest opinion.
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.

Last edited by thor_rider08; 11-07-2012 at 01:15 AM.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Burt-Reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
0 recorded ODs.

Good points. I've seen people in all walks of life having to hide their "habit." Many times you never know who smokes or who doesn't, but once someone finds out...uh oh!

In England, I stayed with a woman twice who smoked AND did "harder" drugs. She was fantastic at her well-paying job and very professional. You'd never know she tried any illicit drug in her life. I'm taking the Ron Paul stance of freedoms with personal accountability here.
yeah i think i read somewhere once that you'd have to smoke over a pound of weed in pretty short order to even have a chance of dying from weed. i agree wit you too on the persecution part of it. it's cool to have 5 glasses of wine to wind down from a hard day of work, but if someone smokes a joint when they get home to relax they are automatically some loser dirt bag who doesn't have a handle on their life.
__________________
Check out my Kobe PC: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13/Kobe%20Bryant%20PC/
Cards for Sale and Trade: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/mdefaz13
I collect: Kobe, OJ Mayo, and Baseball Prospects
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.