Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
Oh do I know it!
I had 120k in GLD and they rasied my margin to 70% from 30% ??????????
So I had to sell as did most holders which caused the price to drop.

eposk23

I would suggest getting a free account at TD or any other broker and going through a few tutorial vids to get the start of it. Check out youtube for terms etc.
You will need an L2 to become a serious trader as well as real time streaming quotes for NYSE, Nasdaq, and OTC: PINK/QX/QB.
These all have tiers and standards as to their ranking on the markets.
Anything OTC is RISKY. I thik the only real company to do anything out of that set was True Religion jeans a long while back.
TD Ameritrade offers all of this for free as well as some tutorial material that will help you out a ton more then I can over the intraweb
Great thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Essentials of Investments by The McGraw-Hill/Irwin Series is a good start. It's a textbook, but very helpful with the terminology. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eposk23 View Post
thor you're speaking another language to me. Where can I learn what all these terms mean?

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Great thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
Essentials of Investments by The McGraw-Hill/Irwin Series is a good start. It's a textbook, but very helpful with the terminology. Hope this helps.
Actually if the OP does get an Ameritrade account, he can type terms into the search window on the site and everything is explained quite well...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Just a suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Actually if the OP does get an Ameritrade account, he can type terms into the search window on the site and everything is explained quite well...

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
It looks like I can browse the site and search terms w/o an account. Not everything shows up with a definition most do
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

I just found this Glossary of Investment Terms - LOM - should be pretty helpful

Ok guys, I think I'm good to start now. I appreciate all the input! Feel free to post more but I think it's up to me now.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I just found this Glossary of Investment Terms - LOM - should be pretty helpful

Ok guys, I think I'm good to start now. I appreciate all the input! Feel free to post more but I think it's up to me now.
Good. If you have questions, you know where to post

Tyler has vanished from these forums, but he was always good with advice on hot picks.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #33 (permalink)

I would recommend looking into KMP or Kinder Morgan Energy Partners which is a Master Limited Partnership or MLP. Basically meaning they are like a REIT(Real Estate Investment Trust) for pipelines. They are the biggest pipeline in the United States have growth in some Of the best properties in the USA. Also their MLP status means they distribute 90% of Cash Flow each quarter. If your time table is almost a decade I could see their distributation on each Unit not share because of MLP status, being in the 8.50 - $9.00 each year. Maybe higher if the environmental studies on the Canadian pipeline cums back in that timeframe.

Diversify your stock so always look to own more then one stock and choose different sectors. Ie tech, banking, maybe a income producing stock, another sector, then maybe one more risky stock like speculate in one stock to keep it interesting.

Also "Best time to buy is when their is Blood on the streets"

If your really into it look into options as well, another great way to make money on stock if you use them right. But you have to research them, call and put. Good luck
Wants. Baseball Old wax boxes 1980,82,83,85 topps and Football Just 1986 topps wax Box and rack box Adrian Peterson Auto's from Five Star/Exquisite! Some Select on Cards Auto's Of AP ALL Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey

Last edited by itsinusall; 11-11-2012 at 02:40 AM.
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
I would recommend looking into KMP or Kinder Morgan Energy Partners which is a Master Limited Partnership or MLP. Basically meaning they are like a REIT(Real Estate Investment Trust) for pipelines. They are the biggest pipeline in the United States have growth in some Of the best properties in the USA. Also their MLP status means they distribute 90% of Cash Flow each quarter. If your time table is almost a decade I could see their distributation on each Unit not share because of MLP status, being in the 8.50 - $9.00 each year. Maybe higher if the environmental studies on the Canadian pipeline cums back in that timeframe.

Diversify your stock so always look to own more then one stock and choose different sectors. Ie tech, banking, maybe a income producing stock, another sector, then maybe one more risky stock like speculate in one stock to keep it interesting.

Also "Best time to buy is when their is Blood on the streets"

If your really into it look into options as well, another great way to make money on stock if you use them right. But you have to research them, call and put. Good luck
Someone didn't read the thread...