Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #101 (permalink)

That's just amazing news.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #102 (permalink)

Glad to hear the good news. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #103 (permalink)

Great to hear everything turned out well; for your daughter and your family.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #104 (permalink)

Another good day for Grace's road to recovery. Her big sisters got to see her for the first time this evening. She has slept almost the entire day why the medicine and her body do the work healing. Her vitals continue to bounce around a bit, but this is described as very minor. By tomorrow night she hopes to escape from the ICU to the Children's Floor.

Thank you again to everyone for all of the prayers and kind words.

They mean more than you will ever know.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Another good day for Grace's road to recovery. Her big sisters got to see her for the first time this evening. She has slept almost the entire day why the medicine and her body do the work healing. Her vitals continue to bounce around a bit, but this is described as very minor. By tomorrow night she hopes to escape from the ICU to the Children's Floor.

You know that the Blowout Battalion will continue to have your daughter in their prayers/thoughts/etc. until she gets out of the hospital.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm sure you've been busy with all that is going on, Chris. Just wanted to let you know the giveaway/contest in Grace's honor went off without a hitch

i'm sure this goes without saying, but if you happen to need anything, just let us know.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:

I hope she is on the Children's Floor and able to meet some new friends this evening! Still sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Grace is an inspiration!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #108 (permalink)

After a very difficult day yesterday, Grace bounced back well today and escaped the ICU this afternoon. Her Hemoglobin just was not bouncing back and she had almost zero energy. They gave her a Blood Transfusion this morning and it gave her a nice little spark with some attitude and sass. She kicked me out of the room at one point this morning. When I came back to the room this afternoon she reminded me that she could do it again. If all goes well she should be discharged middle of the week.

Thanks again for all of the continued prayers and well wishes. Everyone of them is appreciated!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #109 (permalink)

sounds good, glad youve been able to get through this without any bad news
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #110 (permalink)

Fingers crossed that everything continues in the right direction the rest of the way. We'll be thinking of you guys. Wishing only the best. Let us know...

Quote:
After a very difficult day yesterday, Grace bounced back well today and escaped the ICU this afternoon. Her Hemoglobin just was not bouncing back and she had almost zero energy. They gave her a Blood Transfusion this morning and it gave her a nice little spark with some attitude and sass. She kicked me out of the room at one point this morning. When I came back to the room this afternoon she reminded me that she could do it again. If all goes well she should be discharged middle of the week.

Thanks again for all of the continued prayers and well wishes. Everyone of them is appreciated!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
You know that the Blowout Battalion will continue to have your daughter in their prayers/thoughts/etc. until she gets out of the hospital.
Absolutely!

Quote:

Awesome news! Hope she gets out of there and home as soon as possible!
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #112 (permalink)

Wow very great thing to hear, glad everything went well!

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #113 (permalink)

Grace is now home!!!

This evening Grace was discharged from the hospital and is now hanging out with her sisters at home.

It was touch and go as recently as 1am this morning if Grace would be able to go home today. She had been vomiting for 5 days and the Potassium that they attempted to put through her IV was extraordinarily painful. As recently as Tuesday afternoon she was still on Oxygen because every time that they removed it her vital signs tanked. It is an absolute miracle what the human body can adjust to. By late morning today Grace finally kept food down and was determined she was going home. She looked fantastic as we left the hospital.

What a week that it has been. I do not think that I would trade it for the world now that my little girl is on the path to good health. It has been a week of enormous worry, hope, sadness (when you see your child in pain), tears of happiness (just after she woke up from surgery she told me that she wished that she could hug me), thankfulness, praying, feeling the pain and praying for families in far worse health circumstances than our own.

I want to thank everyone again for all of the prayers and well wishes. They meant the world to my family and I.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #114 (permalink)

That is great news to hear!!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #115 (permalink)

Congratulations! It's good to know she's doing well!

Last edited by AKHMERICA; 11-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #116 (permalink)

Very glad to hear things are going well for Grace. We will continue to pray for her.

Last edited by cruiserdaddy7; 11-14-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: pathetic spelling error
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #117 (permalink)

Great to read that your daughter is home now.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #118 (permalink)

After coming across this thread for the first time today, I'm happy to hear things are going well for your daughter. I can't imagine how that would be if it were my daughter in the same situation. I'll pray for her continuing improved health.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #119 (permalink)

Chris, I just came across this thread and am very happy to hear that Grace is doing much better. Best wishes to you and your entire family.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #120 (permalink)

Awesome, awesome, awesome. So happy for you guys, just in time for the day during which we give thanks....
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #121 (permalink)

Thank you for the updates.

I'm so happy to hear Grace is home and recovering well! I can only imagine what that first hug after surgery felt like.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #122 (permalink)

Great news, we all know that saying. No place like being Home!

(We should do a collection so when she's better maybe a Toys R Us visit?)

Kevin
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #123 (permalink)

Glad things are going well now. Now you can go back to kicking her out of your room.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #124 (permalink)

So glad to hear this.

Hope she can live a normal life
VikingsAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #125 (permalink)

Wow, how did I miss this?! Congrats! Thanks so much for updating us! Hope everything continues to heal with your daughter. I was born with the same exact heart condition and surgery made the difference in my life. If I didn't have the surgery, I don't think I'd have lived till my 30th birthday which will be next week!

Keep plugging my friend! The best is yet to come!
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote