Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How long do you honor a price for?

If you list something in the B/S/T section, how long do you honor the price for? Just say you listed a James Harden autograph for $20 dlvd on 11/1. How long would you honor the price for? If on 11/3 a buyer messages you that he want the card and the card is now selling on ebay for $40, do you honor the price or tell them it has gone up? What's the cutoff for everyone?
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Depends on whether you have been bumping it or not. Since you can bump every 24 hours I would say it's valid for that long in my opinion. If it passes 24 hours and you have not bumped the thread I think it's fair to say that thread is dead and you have moved on. At least for the purposes of honoring prices.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Depends on whether you have been bumping it or not. Since you can bump every 24 hours I would say it's valid for that long in my opinion. If it passes 24 hours and you have not bumped the thread I think it's fair to say that thread is dead and you have moved on. At least for the purposes of honoring prices.
Completely agree with this statement. I would say it would need to be YOU that bumped the thread to keep it active after 24 hours. No need to honor it after that time period.
prospectorgems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

37 minutes. No more, no less.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
yep, this sounds like a great rule of thumb.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

..."No longer for sale" would be the reply...it's not a complicated issue. No one is forcing you to sell your card. Long as you do not agree to sell it,then back out, you are fine.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

You never HAVE to honor the price.

Your price is considered an advertisement. You are advertising for a consumer to make an offer.