Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,087
Default Happy International Stout Day!

Today is International Stout Day! I knew there are some of us on these boards who enjoy a nice dark stout from time to time. So, in honor of today, what will you be drinking?

Stouts only in this thread!

I'll start. Oskar Blues just started showing up in my market here in NE Ohio. This stout is awesome...

MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
cjsayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 834
Default

Big fan of any of the Weyerbacher Imperial Stouts. I toured the brewery because it was 10 minutes away from where I went to college, so I was spoiled with their delicious beer for 4 years. Kinda hard to find in Jersey, but I find some every now and then.
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post
Big fan of any of the Weyerbacher Imperial Stouts. I toured the brewery because it was 10 minutes away from where I went to college, so I was spoiled with their delicious beer for 4 years. Kinda hard to find in Jersey, but I find some every now and then.
My neighbor bought me a 4-pack for taking her trash to the curb. A bit too much spice for my liking.


I put a couple of these in the fridge this morning for the FSU game tonight.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."

Last edited by fullmetal; 11-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
Today is International Stout Day! I knew there are some of us on these boards who enjoy a nice dark stout from time to time. So, in honor of today, what will you be drinking?

Stouts only in this thread!

I'll start. Oskar Blues just started showing up in my market here in NE Ohio. This stout is awesome...

Stout from a can? Interesting. Although I haven't heard of International Stout Day here in New Zealand, here's a couple I enjoy.

Craftsman - Renaissance Brewing Company Marlborough

Real chocoalte flavour comes through balanced by a nice hop bitterness.

Also

Three Boys Oyster Stout 500Ml - Regional Wines

An interesting brew with a briney touch from the oysters. Both seasonal but eminently drinkable. Probably not available in the States!

Last edited by SK40; 11-10-2012 at 05:46 AM.
SK40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,038
Default

I'll be having this...I'm sure some of you have had the pleasure of enjoying this little rascal...

__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
I'll be having this...I'm sure some of you have had the pleasure of enjoying this little rascal...



Ohhhhhh yeah, there is a reason this beer gets a world class rating from Beer Advocate: Founders Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Company - Grand Rapids, MI - BeerAdvocate

Plus, this guy LOVES it...

MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,038
Default

Haha...nice video. Founders Porter is great too. Have you had it?

QUOTE=MasterPattie;3618620]Ohhhhhh yeah, there is a reason this beer gets a world class rating from Beer Advocate: Founders Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Company - Grand Rapids, MI - BeerAdvocate

Plus, this guy LOVES it...

[/QUOTE]
__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
MasterPattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio (but originally from Michigan)
Posts: 7,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
Haha...nice video. Founders Porter is great too. Have you had it?
Yes, I've had almost all of the beers from Founders. Double Trouble is my favorite, but the porter is awesome, as well as Red's Rye PA, Dirty Bastard, and just about everything else they make.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,038
Default

Sweet. I was looking at picking up some Dirty Bastard the other day...elected for their Centennial IPA instead. I'll have to try that one next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
Yes, I've had almost all of the beers from Founders. Double Trouble is my favorite, but the porter is awesome, as well as Red's Rye PA, Dirty Bastard, and just about everything else they make.
__________________
addicted36 is my hero!

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.