Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anybody know anything about authentic NFL jerseys

Bought one from a guy the other day for $75. How can i tell if its a cheap knock off or the real deal? Its a Throwback of Walter Payton and still has the $320 price tag on it. Thanks for the help.

Mark
Jerseys available now- $65 a piece - Matt Ryan size 50 black - Roethlisberger size 50 black - Ryan Sandberg size 52 blue button up - Tom Brady size 52 home - Percy Harvin size 50 purple - C. Cooley size 50 home - Marion Barber size 50 home - M Sanchez size 50 home - Jay Cutler size 50 home. Bo Jackson Royals size 54 - Ryan Howard size 54 grey - CC Sabathia size 54 grey. All jerseys are stiched and "authentic"
mshaffer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

In a way it really does not matter if you are happy with it. About a 95% chance it is fake if you only paid $75 and it has the matching fake $320.00 price tag.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

dont worry about it if it's fake. Just know you saved over $200 and it's probably nothing noticeably different. Chances are it's made by the same people who make the real authentics.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yea. Thats what i was thinking. Its still a lot nicer than my premier urlacher i paid $100 for on NFL shop.com. So im happy with it. Its double stitched and is way better made then the premeir i paid more for so.....
Jerseys available now- $65 a piece - Matt Ryan size 50 black - Roethlisberger size 50 black - Ryan Sandberg size 52 blue button up - Tom Brady size 52 home - Percy Harvin size 50 purple - C. Cooley size 50 home - Marion Barber size 50 home - M Sanchez size 50 home - Jay Cutler size 50 home. Bo Jackson Royals size 54 - Ryan Howard size 54 grey - CC Sabathia size 54 grey. All jerseys are stiched and "authentic"
mshaffer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshaffer22 View Post
Bought one from a guy the other day for $75. How can i tell if its a cheap knock off or the real deal? Its a Throwback of Walter Payton and still has the $320 price tag on it. Thanks for the help.

Mark
I agree. I travel a lot to the Philippines...so I see a lot of the "knock offs" in person that are made over in Asia. Honestly, many are made to the same, if not better, standards that the authentics are. Be careful though...as these are made by non-English speaking workers. I had a lady basically throw a jersey at me that she wanted me to buy in one of the malls. Only problem...it was a "Berry" Sanders Mitchell and Ness jersey.