Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Charles Rogers (Former Lions WR) Charged with DUI

Charles Rogers' story just gets sadder and worse. Sometimes addictions are so strong that they destroy everything in your life. As much as he p*ssed me off for leaving the Lions with a wasted pick, I want to see him finally get the help that he is screaming out for. Sounds like his money is probably gone and so are the "hanger ons".

NOVI, Mich. (AP)—Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers(notes) has been arrested on a drunken-driving charge.

Police say the 28-year-old Rogers was arrested Wednesday afternoon after he refused a Breathalyzer test. Results of a blood test are pending.

Rogers was arraigned Thursday on charges of operating while intoxicated and operating without a valid license. He was ordered held on $50,000 bond and didn’t have an attorney on record with the court. A pretrial conference is set for Monday.

The second overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft served a 30-day jail sentence, with credit for 15 days, earlier this year instead of staying in an intensive counseling program after violating probation in a domestic violence case
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks, Matt Millen! C-Rog started the ball rolling with all the great draft picks! You're right, it's hard to believe the story here could get worse but it always does. If you go on youtube and search 11millen you'll see some pretty half-baked digi-animation mockery of millen, but the C-Rog character is priceless...
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote