Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Lets not forget the fact Clash was married to a woman and had a child with her. Homosexuality is tolerable to some which is fine but this guy has some issues. Throw in the fact he likes boys 25 years or so younger and I dont think I wouldnt want my children around someone like this. Just my opinion which I am entitled to before people start going crazy.
If you switch him to straight and realize the accuser lied (and that nothing happened until he was 18), you have an older married man who committed adultery with an 18 year old girl. Still really crappy, but I doubt you or most others would say they didn't want their children around that guy. Just sounds like an immature jerk.

Just because he had an affair with a guy instead of a girl doesn't make it any less right or wrong. Your wording in this thread (homosexuality is tolerable to some which is fine, their sexual relations, grooming his young victim) screams homophobic. If this was a 45 year old man and an 18 year old girl would you say the same stuff?

In my opinion he's just a douche for cheating on his wife, and I'd feel that way whether the victim was male or female. I lost a lot of respect for Clash for his infidelity but I don't think he's a gross sexual pervert and I don't think anyone should think that.

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss

Last edited by SpastikMooss; 11-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
If you switch him to straight and realize the accuser lied (and that nothing happened until he was 18), you have an older married man who committed adultery with an 18 year old girl. Still really crappy, but I doubt you or most others would say they didn't want their children around that guy. Just sounds like an immature jerk.

Just because he had an affair with a guy instead of a girl doesn't make it any less right or wrong. Your wording in this thread (homosexuality is tolerable to some which is fine, their sexual relations, grooming his young victim) screams homophobic. If this was a 45 year old man and an 18 year old girl would you say the same stuff?

In my opinion he's just a douche for cheating on his wife, and I'd feel that way whether the victim was male or female. I lost a lot of respect for Clash for his infidelity but I don't think he's a gross sexual pervert and I don't think anyone should think that.
Sounds like an individual who believes in the good book. Ill admit to that. I dont buy into this new society in which I am forced by peer pressure to accept things I believe are wrong. My problem with this guy is that anyone with common sense can put together the puzzle here. Its pretty darn safe to say he was with this CHILD while he was underage. He would not have paid him otherwise would he? I can not support my children watching a show created by a pedophile. If Kevin Clash would have been with a 16 year old girl at his age instead of a boy I would say the same darn thing. I feel incredibly sorry for his child. I believe most of us would be disgraced had this happened to our father.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds like an individual who believes in the good book. Ill admit to that. I dont buy into this new society in which I am forced by peer pressure to accept things I believe are wrong. My problem with this guy is that anyone with common sense can put together the puzzle here. Its pretty darn safe to say he was with this CHILD while he was underage. He would not have paid him otherwise would he? I can not support my children watching a show created by a pedophile. If Kevin Clash would have been with a 16 year old girl at his age instead of a boy I would say the same darn thing. I feel incredibly sorry for his child. I believe most of us would be disgraced had this happened to our father.
That first line...I wanted to clarify I wasn't calling you an immature jerk, I was calling Clash that for his infidelity. I agree that if this was an adult preying on a child under the age of 18, it's pretty messed up and yes, I wouldn't want my kid around that person.

But IMHO (not that it means much lol), I honestly think it started post 18. People slander celebrities pretty easily, and here the money was pretty easy once the guy made some rumors. And while it has come out that the under 18 stuff is bs, it was still a consensual sexual relationship which is infidelity no matter how you look at it. So I'm sure that Clash is still going to live with some (much deserved) crap for a while because of this - his wife will be understandably pissed and has grounds for divorce, how will his family/friends feel, how will Sesame Street feel, etc.

Basically, he could've had a long drawn out court battle to clear the underage charges but live with the infidelity later or he can just pay the guy and have it go away so he can deal with the infidelity stuff now. I'd deal with it now too if I put myself in that kind of situation. Nothing was going to be proven by bringing the guy to court and he has the money to pay the guy. Now Clash can try to make amends where needed and move on with his life. Nothing wrong with that and I'm glad Clash is going to deal with it now.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

There are so many ways this thing can be seen, its interesting. I can see where the younger guy is the angry boyfriend trying to burn him. Obviously he came out with the story to burn Clash. What kills Clash in my opinion is the fact he paid the guy $125000 and forced him to publicly recant. Its like when Michael Jackson paid his first accuser millions. I think that sealed his guilt in the court of public opinion. I dont care that Clash is a homosexual, I simply dont. I hate the fact he quite possibly went after the same children he makes a living entertaining while they are still children (different age group but still a child). Its an interesting case and now we all have to wait for the accuser to write his book

Quote:
That first line...I wanted to clarify I wasn't calling you an immature jerk, I was calling Clash that for his infidelity. I agree that if this was an adult preying on a child under the age of 18, it's pretty messed up and yes, I wouldn't want my kid around that person.

But IMHO (not that it means much lol), I honestly think it started post 18. People slander celebrities pretty easily, and here the money was pretty easy once the guy made some rumors. And while it has come out that the under 18 stuff is bs, it was still a consensual sexual relationship which is infidelity no matter how you look at it. So I'm sure that Clash is still going to live with some (much deserved) crap for a while because of this - his wife will be understandably pissed and has grounds for divorce, how will his family/friends feel, how will Sesame Street feel, etc.

Basically, he could've had a long drawn out court battle to clear the underage charges but live with the infidelity later or he can just pay the guy and have it go away so he can deal with the infidelity stuff now. I'd deal with it now too if I put myself in that kind of situation. Nothing was going to be proven by bringing the guy to court and he has the money to pay the guy. Now Clash can try to make amends where needed and move on with his life. Nothing wrong with that and I'm glad Clash is going to deal with it now.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

I think the point some people are making is its not like there was zero relationship here while he was 16/17, and then magically when he turned 18 they fell for each other.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
There are so many ways this thing can be seen, its interesting. I can see where the younger guy is the angry boyfriend trying to burn him. Obviously he came out with the story to burn Clash. What kills Clash in my opinion is the fact he paid the guy $125000 and forced him to publicly recant. Its like when Michael Jackson paid his first accuser millions. I think that sealed his guilt in the court of public opinion. I dont care that Clash is a homosexual, I simply dont. I hate the fact he quite possibly went after the same children he makes a living entertaining while they are still children (different age group but still a child). Its an interesting case and now we all have to wait for the accuser to write his book
Suffice it to say, I think this is a better argument for people with a good background in law. Paying money is not admission of guilt. As I said, legal cases can take years...paying money you can be done with a case like this in months and then you can move on with your life.

Last edited by SpastikMooss; 11-18-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Suffice it to say, I think this is a better argument for people with a good background in law. Paying money is not admission of guilt. As I said, legal cases can take years...paying money you can be done with a case like this in months and then you can move on with your life.
Hence why I said court of public opinion. If I had the money of Clash and could shut this clown up for $125,000 I would do the same. Unfortunately for him I think this will do alot of damage.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I don't see money as an admission of guilt at all. It's to make something go away, whether it's true or false he has been slandered and that won't go away.

The damage was done when he was accused, people already made up their hateful minds. I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong but it's the typical guilty til proven innocent scenario.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Now Elmo quit because a 2nd underage kid came forward.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

Elmo is DEAD

Sesame Workshop says Elmo actor Kevin Clash resigned, calling sex allegations 'distraction' - MSN TV News

Edit...I guess Elmo will live on...

Though it remained unclear who might take over for Clash performing as Elmo, other "Sesame Street" puppeteers have been trained to serve as his stand-in, Sesame Workshop said. "Elmo is bigger than any one person," the company said last week.

Last edited by Chaddie84; 11-20-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

from the new accuser

"In the suit, Singleton claims ... although the sex occurred nearly 20 years ago, he didn't take action until now because ... he "did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct until 2012."

Obviously Clash is a creep but these people are just as crazy
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

Elmo puppeteer resigns when second accuser files suit - The TV Column - The Washington Post

It amazes me how naive people can to be to these issues. I re-read this thread and see people calling me homophobic and inferring I am a racist because I said this guy is a scumbag and a child predator. I hate to be right on these types of things but its common sense people. He worked around kids and molested kids. It happens quite often THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE groom their victims and take advantage of the disadvantaged. People in this thread like WilsonValdez continue to make themselves look foolish and uneducated on social issues. Any insight on this now Valdez? Spastik? Am I still a racist homophobic white idiot because I saw this for what it was?