Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

I pitched one inning in baseball class today and did quite well. I struck out the side in 14 pitches. Tomorrow, we have late arrival for school which will be nice!

Last edited by Bars and Bar; 11-14-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #52 (permalink)

Amazing giveaway!

Today I said goodbye to my money and bought some Topps Five Star.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #53 (permalink)

Super nice gesture Haiku!
I spent a good amount of my spare time today raking up the yard. Lots of leaves on the ground from all of the recent windy weather we have had here in Pa. (remnants of hurricane Sandy).
I have a wild squirrel living in the trees in my yard who over the course of the past 8 months has decided to become my friend. When i go outside in the morning she runs over to me from wherever she is at the time and climbs up my leg and into my hand or on my shoulder. She goes thru my pockets looking for peanuts (which i always seem to have for her). She is rather amazing and tame for a wild squirrel.

Last edited by LQQKin4MJ; 11-14-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

wow great contest and what a kind gesture..

Found out today my son made his 6th grade basketball "A" teams so I am proud of him..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #55 (permalink)

As for my day, I got to school (Junior), then after I go to the gym and work out for the second time during the day, then I go home and do homework, eat, then have a little free time to do whatever. I am training very hard this year for baseball. I will be starting to get my name out there this season and hopefully go DII or maybe even DI. I have a great hitting coach who has helped a ton in the last few years. Every one of his students has went to college for baseball. So far, everything is going great. My goal this season is 10 home runs, 400 average, and 30 or more RBI's. I have always set high goals for myself. Anyways, thanks again for the contest and I will keep updates on my baseball career!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #56 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You are a Good Man Charlie Brown......

Should I win I don't want the headphones. I would like you to give them to ManInTheMirror should I win.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Hey Haiku! Thanks for yet again another act of kindness that you spurt around these boards.

Today I woke up at 5:30 and went down stairs to check my ebay sales. My 2 JJ Watt autographs were previously at 21.39, and 11.65 and when I checked in the morning they were pretty much the same. ._____. Soo I was a bit mad, someone got a really good deal! But I realized I was happy for them getting a good deal as its only 30 bucks really! Well that was my morning, I hope yours was better!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

p.s. I was on my moms account and had seen she bought be the new Ipod Touch 5g and thought beats would go perfect with it. haha
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #59 (permalink)

Amazing contest!

Right now I'm just looking forward to Black Friday when I can spend all the money I have been saving up for my yearly break....it's so hard not to break during the course of the year but it is so worth it on that Friday!

Thanks again!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #60 (permalink)

Wow I've always wanted a pair of them bad boys!!! Today I worked 12 hours, yippee. I love long walks on the beach and thoughtful haikus
Old 11-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #61 (permalink)

Yeah.... I'll pass on winning too. If I win give them to Ms.Rozen. Haiku, I sent you a pm hopefully you go it. And I forgot to add that it's not about the fact that your giving stuff out for free, it's more so that it's becoming contagious. I think after you started this, many people have actually started doing the same. Of course doesn't come near the magnitude of what your giving away, but nonetheless it whether it's $500 or $5 its awesome that people are finding it within there budget to really bring back the hobby.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #62 (permalink)

Wow what an amazing giveaway! I spent today working my lame job as a cashier and then coming home to play some Black Ops 2.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #63 (permalink)

Long, busy day with work. Can't unwind yet because I've got to get ready for an after hours class I teach. On a fun note, a couple of days ago I mentioned you, Haiku, in an article I wrote regarding compassion and generosity in our hobby. Keep up the awesome kindness!
Blowout's #1 BAYLOR SUPER COLLECTOR
HTTR!!! Sic'em Bears!!!
For Trade: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322/a/football
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #64 (permalink)

Well today at school I studied for my DECA competition test that is tomorrow. It's 100 questions and I have to make a 55 to move on to regional competition. (A 55 is a lot harder than it sounds ) Then I went to my Virtual Enterprise class which is a class where a class of students make their own business, we are getting ready to go to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to a trade show to promote our business to other Virtual Enterprise firms around the country of high school students. Thanks for this great giveaway, you're awesome!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #65 (permalink)

Today, I had an energy audit on my house (unfortunately no savings to be found that would be sizable). My favorite team in baseball is the yankees, I enjoy all of basketball, and football I can't say I have a favorite but I don't like the broncos because as a kid I tried to have elway sign my ticket stub and he acted like a schmuck. Having said that, earlier this year my friend invited me to a season ticket holder event for suite ticket holders and I was one of two people who elway signed for (though it looks nothing like the auto's he's paid to sign, but I was happy to get the auto of a hofer in person and I got peyton's auto twice on top of that, but my wife took one to give to a co-worker of hers who had helped her out quite a bit). My favorite movie depends on the mood that I'm in but my current favorite tv show is The League.

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER. NO REPLY=IGNORE LIST MORE THEN LIKELY.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperMcLovin View Post
Well today at school I studied for my DECA competition test that is tomorrow. It's 100 questions and I have to make a 55 to move on to regional competition. (A 55 is a lot harder than it sounds ) Then I went to my Virtual Enterprise class which is a class where a class of students make their own business, we are getting ready to go to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to a trade show to promote our business to other Virtual Enterprise firms around the country of high school students. Thanks for this great giveaway, you're awesome!
The things I learned in DECA are the only things from high scool that helped me in the real world. 18 years later I still keep in touch with my DECA teacher.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #67 (permalink)

I'm married...with children.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #68 (permalink)

Winning!!! (Charlie Sheen voice)

Cancer Sucks, Keep my sister in your prayers!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #69 (permalink)

awesome giveaway! and like many others i had a day full of work, plan on watching thurnder/grizzlies and heat/clips tonight
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #70 (permalink)

Thanks for the giveaway you are the man!

This is all in good fun i know your a bears fan.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #71 (permalink)

Awesome contest man....I'm fairly new to this site, but I hear people talk about you and your generosity on here all the time - after a giveaway like this.....I must say WOW - the stories are true.

A little about me: HUGE Chicago Bears fan, PC Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery. I work for the State of AZ as a Budget Analyst.... Favorite movie is probably "Top Gun" or "Snatch" or maybe "Braveheart"....I hate answering that question - too many favorites.

Today I: Took my Bulldog "Rufus" for an early morning run/walk (well ran for about a block - than he is ready to go home), got ready, & worked all day (actually still "working" as I'm typing this).

Great contest again man.....good to know there are still people out there that do things like this for others.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #72 (permalink)

This is a great gesture. Enjoy the read, might be good for a laugh or two.

Today I started to drive to work..........had a flat tire. Yesterday couldnt find my car in the work parking lot. I am all jacked up this week and counting the time until its Friday.

I wrote an English Paper today, ate a ham and cheese scrambled eggs. Thought I crapped my pants at the urinal earlier but it wasn't as bad as I thought thankfully. While I was in the stall checking my underwear two guys were having a weird conversation I could care less about due to potential underwear damage. When I walked out an older gentleman was waiting and said "What was discussed in here stays here" If he only knew what I was dealing with in the bathroom was of a higher level than his discussion.

I think that is too much info for now, who knows what tomorrow holds in store for me.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #73 (permalink)

Killing time before leaving work.

Oddly enough, I have been in the market for some new "cans." Perhaps Santa will be kind enough to give me enough luck to win a pair
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #74 (permalink)

Finals week sucks! Been in the library since 10 AM i guess that's college for ya....On the bright side I'm done with school for 7 weeks after friday!!!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #75 (permalink)

Had a pretty good day today. Wifey is going to a concert tonight with a friend so I am a single dad. Picked my daughter up from school at 3:45, then my son up from the babysitter at 4:00. Made some dinner for all of us, then we sat down to do homework. My awesome little girl is in the tub now while I browse the forums and feed my son.

I anticipate the rest of the evening to go according to this plan: The three of us relaxing for another 2 hours or so. Bedtime for my daughter. Bath time for my son. One more bottle then (crossing my fingers!) he will be out for the night. That leaves me with a few hours to take pics of cards for my new sales thread. I have three birthdays and Christmas coming up soon so I need to make a little extra on the side to get my family the things they really want.

It's nights like this that I miss my wife though. The things she does on a daily basis that I fail to recognize. I need to be more thankful for her and how amazing she is. I could never do this by myself every day.