Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #2176 (permalink)
Banned

First, welcome to my ignore list.

Second start your own thread with this ranting. No need to get this thread deleted.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #2177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post

Second start your own thread with this ranting. No need to get this thread deleted.
All of us? Bummer.......
Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #2178 (permalink)

Quote:

I know right
2. 07 exquisite dual NFL shields "AD"/sidney rice 1/1
3. 09 cerifited mirror black auto matthew stafford 1/1
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 AM   #2179 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
All of us? Bummer.......
No just the genius that is going to save the world by turning off a video game for 24 hours...
Old 12-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #2180 (permalink)

Dallas Cowboys did it why not Activision?

As far as I know, you people care more about playing video games, than taking 24 hours to reflect on the 20 children who will never live out their potential because some idiot went out on a rampage/killing spree.

ITS NOT SHUTTING DOWN MULTIPLAYER FOREVER> ITS TAKING THE TIME OFF TO REMEMBER THESE VICTIMS AND 'KEEP THE PEACE' DURING A TIME OF MOURNING.

WHY DID WIKIPEDIA AND OTHER WEBSITES SHUT DOWN FOR 24HRS WHEN A BILL THEY DIDNT LIKE WAS GETTING PASSED?

THIS IS THE SAME THING
Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #2181 (permalink)

Quote:
No just the genius that is going to save the world by turning off a video game for 24 hours...
Oh good, yeah random petition request was a bit odd.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #2182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post

As far as I know, you people care more about playing video games, than taking 24 hours to reflect on the 20 children who will never live out their potential because some idiot went out on a rampage/killing spree.

ITS NOT SHUTTING DOWN MULTIPLAYER FOREVER> ITS TAKING THE TIME OFF TO REMEMBER THESE VICTIMS AND 'KEEP THE PEACE' DURING A TIME OF MOURNING.

WHY DID WIKIPEDIA AND OTHER WEBSITES SHUT DOWN FOR 24HRS WHEN A BILL THEY DIDNT LIKE WAS GETTING PASSED?

THIS IS THE SAME THING

I wont continue trying to get my point across because the thickness of some peoples heads is worse than their stubbornness.
I do play video games. But in all honesty. People will just play another game.

As a metaphor, please apply this.

You can pick trash out of a stream all day long but if you do not fix the source, you will keep picking out trash all day long.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
Old 12-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #2183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
I do play video games. But in all honesty. People will just play another game.

As a metaphor, please apply this.

You can pick trash out of a stream all day long but if you do not fix the source, you will keep picking out trash all day long.
You are correct, thats a great metaphor we can all apply here.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #2184 (permalink)

I've drank to much im confused

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #2185 (permalink)

Time to call it a night
Old 12-15-2012, 02:14 AM   #2186 (permalink)

Later vike

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #2187 (permalink)

Bison Win!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #2188 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Hello Haiku, This week I was hired and started working for AT&T. Its a blessing because I can now start a career to help support my wife and kids after a struggle to relocate to Miami Beach. Today as many know has been a horrible day with the shooting and I felt like even though it was a great week, the shooting today is something that will forever touch my heart. When I got home from work I decided to do something about how I was feeling. I decided to start a petition to shut down multiplayer gaming for 24hrs. Specifically Activision, creators of the Ultra popular/ultra violent Call of Duty. It would mean alot of Activision took the initiative to show respect to the families and friends of the victims from today so I made this.

http://www.change.org/petitions/acti...for-24-hours-2

I want people to know that Im not trying to start any problems or bring people down. I am not blaming Activision or a video game but it would be great for a gaming community to pay tribute/show respect to the victims from today since it was a gamer who caused all the attrocities.

I hope you guys can sign the petition. I hope that something positive can come from this, as sometimes you feel helpless to whats happening around you but still want to show your voice and let people know how you feel.
Well since Belcher killed his girlfriend and himself, Brent killed his teammate, I think we should stop sports too. They apparently are too much for humans to handle. Maybe they will then actually have to hold a 9-5 and see what it's like without the highlife. I am not saying what happened in CT isn't sad, it is (I have kids myself), but I think you went a little too far in this case. Too many games to choose from that involve shooting, so why just do COD? Doesn't make much sense myself.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #2189 (permalink)

Up early again
Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #2190 (permalink)
MSD

Quote:

THIS IS THE SAME THING
I hate getting into arguments on these forums because usually everyone, including myself at times, is so ignorant but this is getting ridiculous.

Yes, the site closures brought much attention to the bill that relatively low demographic knew about. People who didn't know about then looked it up and read maybe a paragraph about what it was about. In this case, almost everyone in the country knows about this incident, have already had their reactions and have their views on the subject, what you're suggesting will not bring about any reflection. When wikipedia shut down, I wasn't think 'why did congress pass this bill', I was thinking 'why is wikipedia down, why do they care about some stupid bill'. This situation works the same way, people won't be thinking about the shooting, but rather why you, the media, and those who sign the petition have to blow this story out of proportion. Is that a horrible way of thinking? Yes, but that's how scoiety works. Put yourselves in the shoes of those you're affecting instead of assuming that they'll do something.

And for all of you saying that games did not affect what this guy decided to do. C'mon, if a guy spends a large amount of time playing shooting games, that's probably going to transcend into his real life. I'm not saying they're the cause, but there's an affect and sometimes, that's all it takes to put a guy over the top.

I'm probably a bit biased because I have a friend who joined the military after HS partly due to a delusional view on the military because of video games and actually is severely wounded from his time there, but everything you do has an affect on your actions and this certainly had some.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #2191 (permalink)

Playing in another toys for tots tourney
Old 12-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #2192 (permalink)

On my way to a baseball camp
I collect Andre Johnson.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #2193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Well since Belcher killed his girlfriend and himself, Brent killed his teammate, I think we should stop sports too. They apparently are too much for humans to handle. Maybe they will then actually have to hold a 9-5 and see what it's like without the highlife. I am not saying what happened in CT isn't sad, it is (I have kids myself), but I think you went a little too far in this case. Too many games to choose from that involve shooting, so why just do COD? Doesn't make much sense myself.
In an earlier post I touched on this. The Dallas Cowboys DID SOMETHING to commemorate the family of the victim of the Belcher shooting. I didnt single out CoD, I singled out Activision. Why? Because they made close to $1 Billion dollars off the release of Black Ops 2, 'The Latest, Greatest'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
I hate getting into arguments on these forums because usually everyone, including myself at times, is so ignorant but this is getting ridiculous.

Yes, the site closures brought much attention to the bill that relatively low demographic knew about. People who didn't know about then looked it up and read maybe a paragraph about what it was about. In this case, almost everyone in the country knows about this incident, have already had their reactions and have their views on the subject, what you're suggesting will not bring about any reflection. When wikipedia shut down, I wasn't think 'why did congress pass this bill', I was thinking 'why is wikipedia down, why do they care about some stupid bill'. This situation works the same way, people won't be thinking about the shooting, but rather why you, the media, and those who sign the petition have to blow this story out of proportion. Is that a horrible way of thinking? Yes, but that's how scoiety works. Put yourselves in the shoes of those you're affecting instead of assuming that they'll do something.

And for all of you saying that games did not affect what this guy decided to do. C'mon, if a guy spends a large amount of time playing shooting games, that's probably going to transcend into his real life. I'm not saying they're the cause, but there's an affect and sometimes, that's all it takes to put a guy over the top.

I'm probably a bit biased because I have a friend who joined the military after HS partly due to a delusional view on the military because of video games and actually is severely wounded from his time there, but everything you do has an affect on your actions and this certainly had some.
What I want you to explain to me is How my wanting the Gaming Industry to take the initiative to do something in honor of these victims is so ignorant. You stated that you agree with everything I mentioned except for the 'Extreme Action of Shutting Down the Online Multiplayer Gaming for 24hrs'.
Are you kidding me? how in the world is this extreme? When the websites shut down it was all over the media and it got everyone WORLDWIDE talking about it. Shutting down the online gaming will do the same in the gaming world, the main target that needs to be reached in this campaign. Will Activision get publicity? Yes. Will there be people upset? Definitely, just look at the people who got hot and bothered here at the near mention of it.
I just dont get why everyone here sees it as an extreme. We ARE talking about an ONLINE Multiplayer Feature for an Ultra Violent Video Game that made its creator ~$1Billion in sales.

Boohoo, now I have to play the solo campaigns instead of being able to shoot the guy from the other side of the US. Its about getting people to talk about what happened.

Last edited by XARZY; 12-15-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #2194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
I think Zona is watching Anchorman lol Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! you hear me! A Saint!
No, was just trying to break the tension in here with the "loud noises" quote and then I just melts going with it.

But it looks like I did that and then called it a night a little too early, what the hell happened in here last night?
Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #2195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Just over 16 hours until one of the biggest days in University of Arizona sports history, can't freaking wait for it to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
bowl game at 1 ET

#8 Arizona vs. #5 Florida bball game in Tucson at 10 ET

Biggest non-tournament game in the Sean Miller era and hoping Rich Rod's first season can end with a bang
T-Minus 3.5 hours

Think I might try and get another hour or two of sleep, gonna be a long day
Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #2196 (permalink)

"Here's the last toast of the evening, here's to those who still believe
All the losers will be winners, all the givers shall receive
Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small
Here's to the losers, bless them all"
Frank Sinatra
Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #2197 (permalink)

I normally don't order off COMC, but I placed a 13 card order this morning. Order 12 or more this time of year, it's free shipping, and I got alot of low end cards I needed for my PC. It can be really decent there if you buy in bulk.

Last edited by ajscards101; 12-15-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: TYPO
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #2198 (permalink)

So Im gonna be at the Dolphins Vs Jaguars game. Who will be the victor? Im hoping Tannehilll (SP?) will do better than last weekend, but I hope their defense can be just as good as when they played NE
Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #2199 (permalink)
Banned

just dropped my wife off for her 5th and last law school exam this week.

she's 35 weeks pregnant and the strongest person i know. my hero...
Old 12-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #2200 (permalink)

Thanks for the Giveaway! (Show up one month late!)
Niykee Heaton is the most beautiful girl in the world.
Closed Thread