Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Walmart Employees Throwing iPads

Video goes viral of Walmart workers carelessly tossing iPads around - NY Daily News

Thankfully, these clowns were fired. No wonder our cards are sometimes damanged right outta the package.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

I believe I posted this before.

When I was in high school, I heard from some college guys who worked a summer at one of the major private shippers that some of the guys at the distribution center made a point to jump on or throw the 'cow' boxes. Remember the Gateway computer boxes?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

How dumb could three kids possibly be to not only record themselves doing that but to post it on the Internet?
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Way to suck. Glad they were canned. Losers.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

If they were unionized they would still be working there What sh*t disturbers.
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

This is not far from where I live...not the smartest sample of the local population.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

At least they don't have to worry about working on Thanksgiving now.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm willing to bet they did this because they wanted to be fired and didn't really care.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

I work at a Walmart Distribution center. It's way different than from a store. At the centers stuff doesn't really get "beat" up too bad, but at the store I have no idea. I would think the most abuse anything gets is in the truck on the way to the store, and that's not just Walmart I'm saying anything anywhere.
matt6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

i think i saw that while watching the o'reilly factor, what a bunch of idiots!!!!

.271 AVG 4 HR 47 RBI
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

I don't care if you are shovelling horse crap or if you are the CEO, grow up and take some pride in what you do.

I am sure the hate Wal-Mart crowd will soon be here to tell us how Wal-Mart deserves everything that happens to them.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
I'm willing to bet they did this because they wanted to be fired and didn't really care.
That is what I am thinking, probaly so they can get unemployment and not work this holiday season.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

At least they are getting a bit of a work out...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I had a horrible experience at a wal-mart a few years ago, where the person at the check stand was blaming me for not getting the door mat with the bar code on it (I guess I was suppose to check) so when they had to send another employee to go find the item # they stood there huffing and puffing all frustrated.

2 days later at Thanksgiving dinner, at my in-laws, two of her family worked at a wal-mart. I told them this story (thinking they would be appalled) and they totally backed up the employee, saying I was suppose to check the product and make sure there was a barcode. Customer service at it's best people!
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I had a horrible experience at a wal-mart
Color me shocked on that one.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
That is what I am thinking, probaly so they can get unemployment and not work this holiday season.
I believe unemployment benefits are denied to those who are unemployed because of their own doing. Being fired for misconduct makes one ineligible (I believe). Since unemployment benefits are administered by the States, each state may have a different criteria.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I believe unemployment benefits are denied to those who are unemployed because of their own doing. Being fired for misconduct makes one ineligible (I believe). Since unemployment benefits are administered by the States, each state may have a different criteria.
That has to be true. If not then thats a big reason as to why were currently in a recession
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Not totally sure, I do know that I have read a local story about a guy who was on unemployment because he worked at wal-mart and only got between 6-10 hours a week. The newspaper mentioned that the only way you do not get unemployment is if you put someone else at any type of physical harm. (With the newspaper saying it im not sure if it is true or not, it is just what I have read and that was for Washington state)
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

Unemployment benefits are iffy at best. I was fired from Gatorade for breaking up a fight between two co-workers. One of my co-workers head butted another co-worker and knocked out 2 of his teeth. I stepped in and tried to solve the problem on the floor then we took the problem to the office to be cleared up. Now to clear something up, the gatorade handbook states that any incident that happens on the production floor should be resolved on the floor, if we can't resolve the issue on the floor then we should take the parties to the office to resolve the problem.
Well the resolution gatorade came too was to fire myself and the worker who knocked out the teeth of the other worker. The other worker kept his job.
When I filed unemployment, I was denied. The co-worker who knocked the teeth out, got his unemployment.
I fought the judgement for 6 months. I had 2 call in judgements that required both parties to call in and state their reasons why or why not I should recieve benefits. Gatorade never called in both times and I was still denied. Then my lawyer never filed my papers for the 3rd appeal and I was out unemployment.
So what I am saying is , anything can happen when it comes to unemployment.

David
bowefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I don't care if you are shovelling horse crap or if you are the CEO, grow up and take some pride in what you do.

I am sure the hate Wal-Mart crowd will soon be here to tell us how Wal-Mart deserves everything that happens to them.
We are a dying breed my friend. I take pride and do a good job on anything that someone else pays me to do. 100% all of the time. No matter what it is. You could be paying me to clean up the dog crap in your yard and rest assured when I am done your yard will be spotless.