Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
KEARYCOLBERT83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 2,265
Default Muscle Building Help?

edit........
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
KEARYCOLBERT83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 2,265
Default

weigh protein shakes

I went from 6 foot 120 pounds to'

6 foot 200 pounds

All I do is drink those after my workouts. Help you repair faster and bulk up.
__________________
-OWNER OF THE SPORTS CARD JUNCTION, PGH
*ALWAYS BUYING/CONSIGNING LARGE COLLECTIONS*
BUYING SINGLE SIGNED BASEBALLS!
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default Muscle Building Help?

So, I made the JV basketball team. But, I was guy #15 out of 15 people. Coach actually pulled me and our MVP last year that he'd keep 1 of us and cut the other. I think I had a small stroke when he said that, but he told me he liked my hustle and he wanted me to stick around. I asked my coach why I barely made it and he told me that it was purely physical. I'm a great shooter, but I'm a scrawny white kid. The 6' 6" 350 lb kid with a jumpshot that I'm afraid will hit some spectators made it with no problem. There are some player that really aren't good, but they're not a scrawny white kid. So, I've decided to start bulking up. Just got some Muscle Milk (doubt it works, but eh why not) and want to get a gym membership soon.

Anybody got some advice? If I gain some weight, I'll probably get a lot more playing time. Our school treats sports insanely serious, so there's a lot of competition. But, I'd still like to get some muscle. I did some lifting a while back and it really helped, but is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEARYCOLBERT83 View Post
weigh protein shakes

I went from 6 foot 120 pounds to'

6 foot 200 pounds

All I do is drink those after my workouts. Help you repair faster and bulk up.
woah time travel lol

yeah i got some so good to know they work
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,242
Default

don't forget the banana hammock
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

I work out but not too much, this is me




vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,612
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
don't forget the banana hammock
It's sad that that damn picture popped into my thought process when I saw the title of the thread.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
It's sad that that damn picture popped into my thought process when I saw the title of the thread.
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 6,151
Default

I was 5 ft 10 and a 150 lbs in high school. Started for a high school basketball powerhouse in my state. Made all region team. Don't worry about bulking up. Work on what you suck at the most. Improve your skill set, not your size. I've guarded guys who were a ft taller than me and weighed 100 more lbs. Size doesn't always equal success in bball. Have a nice all around game and let the rest come to you. Play good defense, box out, be the first person down the floor, set good screens, communicate on defense. Those are the things that will make a difference, not if you can bench press 350 lbs and look like your XXXL shirts are too small for your arms.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Posts: 182
Default

Bodybuilding.com

Good luck.
Jbjints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
I was 5 ft 10 and a 150 lbs in high school. Started for a high school basketball powerhouse in my state. Made all region team. Don't worry about bulking up. Work on what you suck at the most. Improve your skill set, not your size. I've guarded guys who were a ft taller than me and weighed 100 more lbs. Size doesn't always equal success in bball. Have a nice all around game and let the rest come to you. Play good defense, box out, be the first person down the floor, set good screens, communicate on defense. Those are the things that will make a difference, not if you can bench press 350 lbs and look like your XXXL shirts are too small for your arms.
Here's the thing though. I've already done that. I've stopped 6 ft people who put up 11 after I went out. I rebound greatly for my size, especially offensively.

I've learned over the years that size doesn't equal success, but it equals playing time. If you're 6'6", you're getting on the team, even if you have never played basketball in your life. It stops at college, but it's still a sad pain.

I'm not looking to become a huge freak, but I would like to add some weight.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
KingTaco77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Here's the thing though. I've already done that. I've stopped 6 ft people who put up 11 after I went out. I rebound greatly for my size, especially offensively.

I've learned over the years that size doesn't equal success, but it equals playing time. If you're 6'6", you're getting on the team, even if you have never played basketball in your life. It stops at college, but it's still a sad pain.

I'm not looking to become a huge freak, but I would like to add some weight.
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? For some people, gaining weight and muscle at a young age is fairly difficult, if not altogether impossible (I went from 150 lbs to 175 between 19 and 27, mostly without pudge ). Be sure that your regiment, once you do begin, is well though-out and supervised - I've seen some pretty bad injuries from kids who pushed themselves too hard.
__________________
Dodgers. Angels. Galaxy.

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco77 View Post
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? For some people, gaining weight and muscle at a young age is fairly difficult, if not altogether impossible (I went from 150 lbs to 175 between 19 and 27, mostly without pudge ). Be sure that your regiment, once you do begin, is well though-out and supervised - I've seen some pretty bad injuries from kids who pushed themselves too hard.
Not a problem. I'm 15. I know it's easy to over do it with lifting and such, but i don't want to under do it, either.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,065
Default

I am a junior in high school. Since the second week of August I started lifting twice a day and taking protein 3 times a day and creatine once a day. I've increased my bench from 190 to 240, and my squat from 300 to 365. Of course most of it is the hard workouts but the protein and creatine helps. I'm 5'8 and 155 pounds now. Trying to put on another 20 pounds by baseball season. Focus on certain muscle groups 4-5 days a week. I do
Chest and Triceps
Legs
Back and Biceps
Shoulders

I also am starting conditioning after Thanksgiving to build sapped for stealing bases. Hope this helps! Also, it helps to find a lifting partner that pushes you. Me and my friend are about the same in weight and strength and we push each other to get stronger.
__________________
http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/bubble201/
Looking for higher end contenders autos from all years

Last edited by bubble; 11-18-2012 at 06:13 PM.
bubble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
I was 5 ft 10 and a 150 lbs in high school. Started for a high school basketball powerhouse in my state. Made all region team. Don't worry about bulking up. Work on what you suck at the most. Improve your skill set, not your size. I've guarded guys who were a ft taller than me and weighed 100 more lbs. Size doesn't always equal success in bball. Have a nice all around game and let the rest come to you. Play good defense, box out, be the first person down the floor, set good screens, communicate on defense. Those are the things that will make a difference, not if you can bench press 350 lbs and look like your XXXL shirts are too small for your arms.
This. I have little to no basketball talent, but I do those 5 things. Know your role on the team, and carve out play time by standing out in that area.
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

drinking this muscle milk stuff

tastes like satin pissed in my bottle
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,573
Default

I can finally bench 135!!
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
cjsayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbjints View Post
Bodybuilding.com

Good luck.
This is the place. Diet, exercise, and supplement tips. One stop shop for everything and anything you need to know.
cjsayde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
I can finally bench 135!!
well with your user name you should bench 350 lol
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post
This is the place. Diet, exercise, and supplement tips. One stop shop for everything and anything you need to know.
thanks guys i'll check it out
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
well with your user name you should bench 350 lol
That's my picture in the avatar.
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sent using US Airways WiFi
Posts: 15,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
That's my picture in the avatar.
oh........ well then..... my bad
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.