Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I got to meet Macklemore and Ryan Lewis...

I know there are a few Macklemore fans on this board. I was fortunate enough to go to his show back on the 7th and its been a while, but I figured I'd share my experience.

Me and my buddy are huge fans. We planned on going months in advance and we got tickets for pretty cheap. The venue was pretty small and was packed with a few hundred people. Getting there early we were able to be pretty much set up in row two in a standing room only setup. XP and Dee-1 opened and they were pretty good.

On to the main show. Macklemore opened up with the first song on 'The Heist' titled 'Ten Thousand Hours'. He and Ryan proceeded to play many of the songs off the album and some older songs. Ben even saw someone wearing a fur coat in the audience and performed 'Thrift Shop' while wearing it. In addition, he jumped up in the crowd and everyone went crazy. He later did that again, this time crowd surfing and standing up in the crowd. Me, my friend and some other friends even held him up while he performed. Despite having shoe marks dug into my hands, it was amazing.

After the show we waited near the tour bus. We were able to meet all the openers and the supporting cast. Finally, we were able to meet Ryan Lewis and I got his autograph. Macklemore finally came out and began to take photos and do autographs. By the time he got to us, he was visibly tired and despite claiming no more autos, he recanted and signed my card along with EVERY single person remaining. He is such a humble man who truly cares about his fans. If you have a chance to see him perform, I totally recommend it. It was honestly one of the best shows I have ever been to and I will never forget it.

Here are the pictures of the autos I got. I decided to use a thick stock decoy card and get signatures on both sides. So glad I did. This, while probably not of any real value, will stay in my collection forever.

Thanks for reading

Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Wow. Wow. Wow. Color me jealous. Big fan of macklemore for a few years now.

Last edited by ckelly1983pa; 11-18-2012 at 12:48 PM.
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awesome! I just got into macklemore in the last few months. Definitely glad I did! Cool stuff man!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Dont like anything besides Otherside but I woulda went to a concert. Very cool story
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for reading guys. It was awesome. Got my picture taken with Macklemore...It's now my facebook profile picture
Old 11-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

saketm92 is offline   Reply With Quote