Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wii U

Did anyone get the Wii U? My husband only buys Nintendo products despite the fact that I have been begging for an Xbox 360 for over 2 years now. Anyway, would love to hear what it is like as we will most likely be buying one once the price drops.

Thank you.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Did anyone get the Wii U? My husband only buys Nintendo products despite the fact that I have been begging for an Xbox 360 for over 2 years now. Anyway, would love to hear what it is like as we will most likely be buying one once the price drops.

Thank you.
I am starting to think you are not a woman. You are a bit too cool to be one
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Buy a PS3.
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I am starting to think you are not a woman. You are a bit too cool to be one
Lol! Thank you. I try.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

I bought one, just got it today.....can't get the @#%^$# thing to download the update that is necessary for 1/2 the stuff on the device to work. It says its connects to the internet, but gives me an error message every time I try to download the update.

So right now all it does is play games, which look a lot better than Wii games did. I have young kids, and my 9 year old is just going ape$%&$ over this thing. He loves it! I will say the GamePad screen is pretty neat. It will be interesting to see what game developers do with it.
rockholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have 4 32gb consoles
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank you.
I'm considering getting the Wii U, but there hasn't been any "killer" games which have grabbed my attention yet. I did get eventually buy a Wii when the price-point dropped, but not really for the new titles, moreso the Virtual Console downloadable. The last "new" console I bought was a 360, which was primarily for Halo 3 and I have been enjoying it ever since.

Your situation. This sounds like the opposite of most adult households I know. Usually the wife wants the Nintendo and the husband wants the 360 to play Shooters/Madden on. My wife "tolerates" me playing CoD and Halo frequently, but she really enjoys playing some of the Popcap arcade titles and music games (Rock Band 3) with me. We still do enjoy playing some Double Dash MK on the GCN, though .

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

From what I've read if you interrupt that Os update that takes forever, it could brick the system.

Anyway, no interest in something less powerful and still with worse graphics than the PS3 (and XBox). I wont get into the XBox vs PS3 debate, I believe they are about equal, XBox probably has a somewhat better online experience (though I've never had a problem with the setup the PS3 has) but you have to pay for it.

I'm waiting patiently for the PS4..but I'll wait at least a year after it comes out before buying.

We bought the PS3, then the wife wanted a Wii for the kids...but my daughter doesnt really play games and my son only plays on the PS3 (oddly, ALL of his friends have PS3's, none have XBoxes...and they were all friends from sports, before they played games online together).
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
From what I've read if you interrupt that Os update that takes forever, it could brick the system.

Anyway, no interest in something less powerful and still with worse graphics than the PS3 (and XBox). I wont get into the XBox vs PS3 debate, I believe they are about equal, XBox probably has a somewhat better online experience (though I've never had a problem with the setup the PS3 has) but you have to pay for it.

I'm waiting patiently for the PS4..but I'll wait at least a year after it comes out before buying.
360 and PS3 are both excellent systems. What it really seems to come down to is what exclusive games you like to play and what console(s) your friends own so you can play with them online. Honestly, if the Wii supported 720p and had a usuable online service, I'd be all over that playing MK or SSB. As it stands, the system collects dust. This is still Nintendo is still ages behind. I'm a fan of Nintendo, especially their franchises, but I'm definitely on the fence until I see something with current graphics and a decent online experience.

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Thank you.
We bought one. I walked into Wal-Mart at 11:30 Saturday night and had my choice of 6 of them. My wife walked into another Wal-Mart at the same time and they had 8 available. So they aren't impossible to find at the retail price in a retail store if it's a "must have" item.

Anyway, we've played through the first 4 levels of the new Mario so far (all coins found) and it's been pretty cool. About what's expected from Nintendo, we've owned every console they've made. We also got Nintendo Land (comes with the 32 GB version) and haven't tried it yet. Probably the coolest thing is the controller that comes with the system. It's HUGE, but very lightweight, and the touch screen on it is very cool. Got curious as to what the controller alone sells for, but can't find one on any ad anywhere. Just the regular controllers and the "pro" controllers (replicas of the XBox and PS3 controllers). Anyway, it's early of course, but I give it a thumbs up for now.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote