Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wii U Flipping, Is it a failure, or to early to tell ?

So for those of us including myself that bought wii u deluxe consoles to flip this holiday season, is it going to be a big failure ?

Ebay selling prices haven't gone up, craigslist has prices just a tad above retail price, and consoles are reportedly sitting on shelves at various target and walmart stores.

So for us planning on making a buck or 2 off of these consoles, did we just get slapped hard in the face ?

or

Is is still to early to tell this for sure ?

Possible that after black friday, or maybe around december first, consoles sell out totally and go up in price on ebay and craigslist?

your comments and thoughts are much appreciated.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nintendo Wii U (Latest Model) - Deluxe Set 32 GB Black Console unopened 045496880866 | eBay

Figuring sales tax and eBay fees into the equation, I don't see a lot of margin here. Yes, a few have gone for the $450 range with BINs from reputable sellers, but even then, there's too much risk for minimal reward. I believe the Wii took off a lot faster than these are. I'm not saying they could take off, but I'd put my money on there being stock on store shelves through the holiday.

Honestly, the Wii at $250 6 years ago versus a Wii U for $300-350 in today's economy makes a big difference. Also, where's the advertising/hype at? I have yet to see a commercial for the system.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Good, hate flippers on video games lol
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Why ask before Black Friday? It's not even shopping season for 2 days
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Problem is, times have changed..

1st People are trying to repeat the past and those that over paid only to find on shelves wont get hit twice.

2nd Economy is still bad and people are settling to play with what they have game wise.

3rd Iphone and Ipad, most games are free or under $5 (wii u 50-60)

and finally.. gamers, true gamers dont want to be jumping and waving thier arms around.. we game to relax not work out..

On that note.. Im gonna fix another Jack and coke and hit the xbox..
bufbills98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
Good, hate flippers on video games lol
why ??? just wondering
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

To quote myself from one of your other threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
Ever since the PS2, retailers don't want to presell just the console, they want to bundle it. So they sell very few preorders and hold the rest of their allocation for said bundles. This created a false belief that the console is sold out ahead of time. While it is difficult to buy just the single console at Christmas time, the price is limited because bundles are readily available for a couple hundred more.
I just searched for the Wii U and found the bundle in stock at TRU for $430, then I found the console itself in stock at Gamestop for $300 (8GB) and $350 (32GB). I gave up after 5 minutes.

I imagine their will be a wave of high Ebay sales at some point in the next couple weeks but you will have to hit it just right. Closer it gets to Christmas the less people will pay (contrary to popular opinion). Parents are what drives prices up at Christmas, most parents spend the money they have for Christmas by the second week of December. A $100 Elmo or Furby is one thing, but a $400-$500 system is too much.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Because they've stopped me from getting my fix as a kid
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote