Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

im in please let me know if this takes off the ground.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

Alright, so based on people's feedback here are some thoughts.

There are a couple of Secret Santa randomizers online, so that part should be relatively easy.
  • To participate, members would either have to be a board member for six months OR have 10 positive iTrader feedback. (I looked at the folks that have responded to this thread so far, and that seems to cover everybody. I put the "or" in because some folks have been board members for awhile but have fewer than 10 feedback.

• Members would share three teams or players that they collect.

• Item value would be set at a minimum and maximum (TBA). Could either be individual cards or wax.

In response to somebody's concern about not having a particular sport or product, do we want to have separate Secret Santa lists for each sport? Say, one for football, baseball, hockey, etc? Or, do we just want to have one big pool? Personally, I think it would be more fun to have one big pool, but I'm open.

Glad to hear that folks are interested. I know it'll be fun.

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

one big pool would be best. Anyone involved should be able to take the time to find a nice product for the individual the get in the secret santa even if they dont have any cards of that sport. We are getting a good jump giving ample time to find nice stuff to give out.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Im in, and i think you should you do 2 main people to each sport, like I would love to coordinate this for basketball.... I think i have enough feedback and respect on this board for people to allow me to be 1 of the coordinators
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
Im in, and i think you should you do 2 main people to each sport, like I would love to coordinate this for basketball.... I think i have enough feedback and respect on this board for people to allow me to be 1 of the coordinators
No offense, but I dont think it should be like that...I dont think it should be seperated...Everyone into one big pool. And if you get stuck with someone that likes fb and you like basketball, then go to ur hobby shop and buy some packs
Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #31 (permalink)

I have an idea. Separate secret Santa groups for each of the four major sports. Members could be involved in as many of the groups as they wanted. Just a thought.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #32 (permalink)

This sounds good to me. It doesn't matter to me if we have one big pot or 4 individual ones. The individual ones would give people a chance at multiple gifts and everybody likes gifts!

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyale81 View Post
Alright, so based on people's feedback here are some thoughts.

There are a couple of Secret Santa randomizers online, so that part should be relatively easy.
  • To participate, members would either have to be a board member for six months OR have 10 positive iTrader feedback. (I looked at the folks that have responded to this thread so far, and that seems to cover everybody. I put the "or" in because some folks have been board members for awhile but have fewer than 10 feedback.

• Members would share three teams or players that they collect.

• Item value would be set at a minimum and maximum (TBA). Could either be individual cards or wax.

In response to somebody's concern about not having a particular sport or product, do we want to have separate Secret Santa lists for each sport? Say, one for football, baseball, hockey, etc? Or, do we just want to have one big pool? Personally, I think it would be more fun to have one big pool, but I'm open.

Glad to hear that folks are interested. I know it'll be fun.
well i have 9 feedback. will you guys make an exception for just 1?

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #34 (permalink)

Looks like you'd need another transaction
How about selling me something nice for a buck and you can get that much needed feedback credit
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Looks like you'd need another transaction
How about selling me something nice for a buck and you can get that much needed feedback credit
how about a quad jersey of the kings from ultimate for $10?

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

Im in.

Thanks
Scott
Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Alright, so we've gotten some interest. I'm willing to coordinate it...anybody want to help?

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

any updates? i got 10 feedback!!WOOHOO!