Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just had a tooth pulled...what a nightmare!

So I went to mcdonalds today and bit into a french fry. I had the worst pain feeling ever in my life. Went to urgent dental care down the road from me. Took x-rays and said I had a wisdom tooth that was impacted sideways into the nerves and was abseth. I had to come back in 2 hours to have it pulled out. I left and the pain was so bad that every time I took a breath in it hurt like nothing ever before. Hurt so bad I started to cry! Never felt pain like that before. Went back and got in little early because of the pain was so bad. Dentest showed me the tooth after and the root was curled like a hook and was "hooked" under my 2 nerves and was filled with bacteria, that's why it hurt so bad he said.

Insurance company was closed today so I had to pay $477 cash out of pocket. Looks like no black friday baseball deals for me!

Never have I felt pain like that before and never want to go through that again or have anyone else either.
matt6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow.....that sounds like it sucked.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

duuuuuuuuude, that sucks man. Luckily when I had my wisdom teeth pulled I had no complications, and they weren't bothering me to begin with. Just as a precautionary move I had them yanked since I had heard so many horror stories. Better now than later bro, seriously!

Just take a few snips of whiskey and some pain killers and drift into la-la-land.
Texas Brave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt6822 View Post
So I went to mcdonalds today and bit into a french fry. I had the worst pain feeling ever in my life. Went to urgent dental care down the road from me. Took x-rays and said I had a wisdom tooth that was impacted sideways into the nerves and was abseth. I had to come back in 2 hours to have it pulled out. I left and the pain was so bad that every time I took a breath in it hurt like nothing ever before. Hurt so bad I started to cry! Never felt pain like that before. Went back and got in little early because of the pain was so bad. Dentest showed me the tooth after and the root was curled like a hook and was "hooked" under my 2 nerves and was filled with bacteria, that's why it hurt so bad he said.

Insurance company was closed today so I had to pay $477 cash out of pocket. Looks like no black friday baseball deals for me!

Never have I felt pain like that before and never want to go through that again or have anyone else either.
I think tooth pain is one of the worst pains ever and I have given natural child birth! I totally feel for you. I hope you are doing better now.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks. Round 2 of the pain in starting in. The pain killers are wearing off and the novacane. Face starting to swell up. Have to work 36 hours in the next 3 days, probably going to not go in tomorrow.

Yeah I'm thinking tooth pain is the worse than ever now, too.
matt6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt6822 View Post
Thanks. Round 2 of the pain in starting in. The pain killers are wearing off and the novacane. Face starting to swell up. Have to work 36 hours in the next 3 days, probably going to not go in tomorrow.

Yeah I'm thinking tooth pain is the worse than ever now, too.
Kidney stones are worse, but yeah it's pretty bad.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

That sucks... Somebody once told me that waking up with a toothache is awful, so I can't imagine what it must feel like to go through what you went through. Sorry dude!!

Oh, and sue McDonalds. I mean, isn't that the solution to everything these days?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

I remember when i had 4 pulled in one day. Couldnt eat food for days.
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Dude $477 and you were lucky....

A freind of mine has the same type of thing except he ignored it. The infection started to spread. Went into his ear and towards his brain.

His surgery cost $125,000 with insurance covering most of it. He still had to pay $6,000.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Yeah my wife had 4 pulled, 2 were wisdoms but the infection was so bad it was going towards brain. Luckily it was only like $800. Insurance doesn't cover being put under so he just put his knee on her chest and pulled.
fm8418 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

When I got my braces my orthodontist had to pull out two of my teeth, without any anesthetic. Good times...
AKHMERICA is offline   Reply With Quote