Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

I have one tooth ...... no scans.
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

I had all four of my wisdom teeth out when I was 20 and it wasn't that bad. Best of luck to you.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Just had one taking out on Black Friday. My mouth still hurts a little bit and I can't even think about chewing on that side of my mouth yet. I still have to go back in a few weeks for a major cleaning. Here is the thread I made about it last week.

Just had a tooth pulled...what a nightmare!
matt6822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I had all 4 of mine taken out when I was 26 or 27 by the same dentist I've gone to since kindergarten. I wasn't put under at all, they just used a local anesthetic. First came out without a hitch, just a tugging, slight pressured feeling. The second one hurt, and I felt like my eyes were gonna pop out of my head. He put in more anesthetic, then came back to it.

They all came out in less than 10 minutes. I was shipped out with a bag full of gauze and a prescription for a painkiller (didn't use). I was hitting seeds in my slowpitch softball game that same night.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Well teeth are still in.... There was to much of an infection to pull them so I'm on 7 days of amoxicilin? And vicodens that I won't take. So next thursday morning at 9am

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Well teeth are still in.... There was to much of an infection to pull them so I'm on 7 days of amoxicilin? And vicodens that I won't take. So next thursday morning at 9am
that sucks .......... send me the vicodens JK
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #32 (permalink)

Ouch - sorry dude. Hope it all goes well next week...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
that sucks .......... send me the vicodens JK
Hmmmmm 15 Vicodin for the best auto/patch card I can get? Watch out b/s/t section here I come! Lol

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

that will clear the infection right up. and you shouldn't need the Vicodin cause it's a bacteria infection. but, hold onto them for next week when you do have the teeth removed.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #35 (permalink)

Yes having them pulled is a bitch.

I had mine done, stayed awake for it, as they said it was my choice. Didn't feel anything other than a ton of pressure, and had to listen to the grinding. One of them they had to saw or break up and take it out in pieces as it had grown in sideways.

I too drove myself home. Was not the smartest idea, I think you should get someone to drive you. I only lived a few miles from where I had it done, but about halfway home I got some mean cold sweats and was positive I was gonna vomit.

Like mentioned above, eat some cottage cheese, dont drink from a straw, lay low, and in a few days you won't even know it happened. DO NOT stick your tongue back there too early, it's pretty gross feeling
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
scans later ?????????

good luck
Here you go buddy...

So a little update which I'm not very happen with.

I received a bill for my remaining bill that my insurance was supposed to take care of when I went to the first dentist appointment last week, BECAUSE I have to be on my new insurance for 6 months before my dental to kick it. DUMB so without insurance at the first dental place is going to be $887.00 to remove all 4 wisdom teeth. So I heard on the tv that another dental place (more upscale) was offering first free visits and consultations so I figured I would go there and see if maybe they were cheaper then $887.00 ( if it was cheaper I would just go there) well they say that they could do 3 of my 4 wisdom teeth but the bottom left would have to be dealt with by a oral surgeon UGGGHHH so it would be $2409.00 for all teeth to be removed. It's stupid as hell that I pay $104 a month in insurance for them to tell me nothing will be covered for another 2 months.... I just don't understand how one dentist says they couldn't touch the bottom left wisdom tooth but the other guy says sure that wont be a problem.. Scary either way I look at it. Way to fck me over insurance before the holidays! Awesome!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #37 (permalink)

Sitting in the chair all numbed up!!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll never forget having mine removed .... they hit me with the gas, I started laughing, and the last thing I remember was the doctor rolling his eyes at me.

Then in the car on the way home, apparently I told my mom all about my personal life.

Have fun!
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Good luck
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I'll never forget having mine removed .... they hit me with the gas, I started laughing, and the last thing I remember was the doctor rolling his eyes at me.

Then in the car on the way home, apparently I told my mom all about my personal life.

Have fun!
my buddy did this when he went under for shoulder surgery a year into college. He apparently told his mother how much he loves Pabst Blue Ribbon, and other stuff regarding girls he'd been with.

pretty funny to me.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

remember what we talked about godspeed my friend
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #42 (permalink)

At home all 4 gone! Thank god! Novocain starting to wear off now. Last tooth was pulled 45 minutes ago.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
At home all 4 gone! Thank god! Novocain starting to wear off now. Last tooth was pulled 45 minutes ago.
So... on a scale from 1 - 10 describe the pain during the procedure and now after
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

0 during the procedure
8 pain now since the Novocain wore off and I'm yet to take any pain meds yet so I'm in pain on my left side

Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
0 during the procedure
8 pain now since the Novocain wore off and I'm yet to take any pain meds yet so I'm in pain on my left side
You're in the nice sympathy part of it... MILK IT!

Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
0 during the procedure
Hmm, I'm trying decide as to when I'll be going in for mines, thanks to your answer.... I guess I can wait a bit longer
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post

Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
my buddy did this when he went under for shoulder surgery a year into college. He apparently told his mother how much he loves Pabst Blue Ribbon, and other stuff regarding girls he'd been with.

pretty funny to me.
Don't think I told my parents anything embarrassing but I got knocked out in the chair and next thing I knew I woke up in my bed, but I apparently was standing in my driveway for 30 minutes "drunk dialing" people before coming inside, I have zero recollection of that
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
Hmm, I'm trying decide as to when I'll be going in for mines, thanks to your answer.... I guess I can wait a bit longer
Don't wait man, get them things out of your jaw. The only reason why I'm in pain is because I'm not taking the Vicodin they gave me.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #49 (permalink)

Ice cream time!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
Ice cream time!!!
I think that would be too cold on the wounds

I lived off applesauce, jello, pudding, and mashed potatoes for a couple days after getting mine out
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote