Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Wisdom teeth being pulled today!

I'm 28 and should have gotten this done YEARS ago. They grew in funky because my teeth wouldn't allow them to come in straight so they actually grew in sideways facing my cheek. Well over the years my wisdom teeth have started to chip and decaying in a way and have been digging into my cheeks when I sleep or chew anything. Sometimes the pain is to much to Handle, a lot of oral Gel (thank god we have a little one at home cutting teeth) pain relievers. finally after the past 5 YEARS of this going on numourous times a week I finally got the nerve to go set up an appt at our gentle dental here in town to have them pulled. I started looking into teeth infections and its very scary. Infections causing brain damage heart disease nerve damage. I've had none stop headaches and and just haven't felt normal since my teeth have gone bad so hopefully with them being pulled today at 3 things will change.
Wish me luck!! Anybody have wisdom teeth stories they would like to share or possibly advise on how things are going to go? Painful? Sickness from it?
And yes, I brush my teeth and mouth wash every night before bed
Thanks for listening guys and gals!
Dan

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

scans later ?????????

good luck
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Haha possible scans. Of bleeding mouth or rotten wisdom teeth?

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Haha possible scans. Of bleeding mouth or rotten wisdom teeth?
both of them
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

just make sure not to suck on a straw or if you smoke... dont smoke it will cause the blood clot to come out and you will be in worse pain! just lay low a few days, eat cottage cheese and get some sleep. by day 5 i was eating a burger and smokin up a storm
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

They dislocated my jaw by accident when I got mine out. And didn't realize.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
just make sure not to suck on a straw or if you smoke... dont smoke it will cause the blood clot to come out and you will be in worse pain! just lay low a few days, eat cottage cheese and get some sleep. by day 5 i was eating a burger and smokin up a storm
So take away my smokes and eat cottage cheese? I'm fcked
Thanks for the advise! I appreciate it my friend

Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Just had all 4 of mine out plus 3 others. I can feel your pain my friend, I had all those same issues for about 3 years before finally having them pulled. The relief of those nasty broken stinky teeth being out of my mouth was something that I wish I had done when the issues all started. The pain from them being pulled was nothing to compair to before. I could have gone to work the next day if I had to. Worst part was one of my widom teeth had deep roots and had to snipe a muscle.

Popeyes mashed potatoes are where its at
Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

HA!

I just got mine pulled two weeks ago at 27. Turns out I had 6 of them!! One in my sinus! Not a fun time. I recommend a lot of soups and get Vicodine, not Codeine. Codeine made me vom all over the place and I was stuck with Tylenol for a week. But like you, this had to get done or bad things were going to happen. Hope you have some dental insurance! Full anesthesia and 6 impacted teeth cost me 850. Would have been upwards of 3,0000 without. Quite a chunk out of the ol' card coffers........

Good luck!

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Had all 4 of mine out at age 36 because of rotting as well (no pain though). Got there at 7:45am and was home by 9am, not far from my apt. By noon I had driven to Walmart for gauze and ate 3 pieces of pizza when I got home……very carefully lol. Took my about an hour to eat them all though. I smoke and continued to, just got to be careful that's all. Bleeding subsided after 2-3 days, and overall 100% healing took a few months.

It went very smooth for me and even got 3 days worth of pills!
bcus28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

I am a big guy that hides weight well (well, hid it better when I was playing sports), so they didn't give me enough anasthetic to completely put me out. Woke up in the middle of it. I didn't feel any pain during it, but I just felt the sickening grinding and heard the crunching as they pulverized mine.

Did it on a Friday, ran out of the gauze they provided later that night at home. If they offer narcotic pain pills, take them. My dentist only gave me 1000 mg Ibuprofin, and it did NOT help aside from making me bleed more.

i DID like the dissolving stitches though. nice to not have to go back. However, as they deteriorate it feels like a piece of your gums is trying to fall down your throat, which is weird at first

however, best advice I can give you, is don't listen to what people say you should be able to do afterward. A few people I worked with said they were eating pizza the night they got their wisdom teeth out. Me, I was sleeping and bleeding all over my pillows for the weekend. each person is different.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
Just had all 4 of mine out plus 3 others. I can feel your pain my friend, I had all those same issues for about 3 years before finally having them pulled. The relief of those nasty broken stinky teeth being out of my mouth was something that I wish I had done when the issues all started. The pain from them being pulled was nothing to compair to before. I could have gone to work the next day if I had to. Worst part was one of my widom teeth had deep roots and had to snipe a muscle.

Popeyes mashed potatoes are where its at
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad there's a positive story from having their teeth pulled. I've had a couple people message me saying stuff can go wrong and had me a little worried. I couldn't imagine having 7 teeth pulled let alone 4 today hopefully. It's getting to the point where my fiancé will ask me something or look at me wrong and I snap because I'm in constant pain. Sharp pains that almost make me black out and instance headaches and not wanting to do stuff in my free time from so much pain. I've had SEVERE anxieties and messed up heart rates and I never had a problem with my health til my teeth went back now I'm scared of heights, dizzy, distances look different then they are and I'm just wondering if it is from my tooth infections messing with my eye site and nerves.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
HA!

I just got mine pulled two weeks ago at 27. Turns out I had 6 of them!! One in my sinus! Not a fun time. I recommend a lot of soups and get Vicodine, not Codeine. Codeine made me vom all over the place and I was stuck with Tylenol for a week. But like you, this had to get done or bad things were going to happen. Hope you have some dental insurance! Full anesthesia and 6 impacted teeth cost me 850. Would have been upwards of 3,0000 without. Quite a chunk out of the ol' card coffers........

Good luck!
I do have great dental co pay is only like $35 for this visit. I will most likely stick with my 500 mg Tylenol though, don't like taking narcotic drugs (was a Xanax popper back in the day) and would rather not get hooked on pain killers

Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

bottom line, Dan, you'll be fine!

i hope your surgeon has an awesome name like mine. My regular dentist was Dr. Meanie, and he referred me to Dr. Blood to get the wisdom teeth removed. Added a good amount of humor to the air before I was zonked out.

oh, enjoy the squirty thingy they give you to clean the area at home. That tool is super fun after you're done using it for it's intended purpose.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcus28 View Post
Had all 4 of mine out at age 36 because of rotting as well (no pain though). Got there at 7:45am and was home by 9am, not far from my apt. By noon I had driven to Walmart for gauze and ate 3 pieces of pizza when I got home……very carefully lol. Took my about an hour to eat them all though. I smoke and continued to, just got to be careful that's all. Bleeding subsided after 2-3 days, and overall 100% healing took a few months.

It went very smooth for me and even got 3 days worth of pills!
I'm really hoping for one of these appointments haha hour and half round time! That's amazing! I have a 30 minute drive home afterwards, not looking forward to it

Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
I'm really hoping for one of these appointments haha hour and half round time! That's amazing! I have a 30 minute drive home afterwards, not looking forward to it
IF your fully under, I don't think they will allow you to drive. You have someone going with you, correct?? Just making sure

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
bottom line, Dan, you'll be fine!

i hope your surgeon has an awesome name like mine. My regular dentist was Dr. Meanie, and he referred me to Dr. Blood to get the wisdom teeth removed. Added a good amount of humor to the air before I was zonked out.

oh, enjoy the squirty thingy they give you to clean the area at home. That tool is super fun after you're done using it for it's intended purpose.
Andy, thanks for the kind words! This dentist office actually pulls teeth right then and there they don't recommend me to a surgeon which is nice so I'm hoping for a lot of Novocain lol

Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #18 (permalink)

My wisdom tooth extraction was easy. I only had one removed. They used local -- the crunching sound of my tooth falling apart was unsettling (I had developed an abcess and there was decent decay on the tooth).

Total time for procedure was about 15 minutes. Aftercare I used Tylenol3 which was enough for me.

I smoked very gingerly (slow, steady drags) and didn't use a straw for about a week. Didn't really worry about what i was eating, just tried not to chew on that side of my head for a couple days.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msumarr54 View Post
IF your fully under, I don't think they will allow you to drive. You have someone going with you, correct?? Just making sure
I'm not going to a surgeon just my local dentist office. Not sure if I'm going to be under or if they just use Novocain. Either way I'm going to have to drive which is nice because the office is 30 yards off the highway that shoots right back to my house 30 miles away. So I don't have in town traffic to deal with!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

bring some earphones and your phone to drown out the tools if you are not put under, that noise is ridiculous like others have said. Mine took about an hour but I was out cold, they wont let you drive.

THE worst part i guess was the nasty taste of the numbing spray they use when they are done. Helps keep bleeding down too. Man that stuff was teeerrrible. Got 5mg Norco and was fine, probably could have done without it too
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #21 (permalink)

All I know is them dirty little bast ards are leaving my mouth today and its the most excited I have been in a while!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

If possible, get an RX for a antibiotic so that infection isn't an issue over the next little while.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
If possible, get an RX for a antibiotic so that infection isn't an issue over the next little while.
now that I think about it, I think I was given a script for one of theses as well for that reason.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

its all good, u wake up after the procedure and your like, when are we starting?

then milkshakes are your diet, dont do the painpills u will have a hell of a time in the bathroom
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

just be smart after the fact. Stick to good hygiene, and follow their recommendations. Try to keep the exploration (with tongue, toothbrush, etc) to a minimum

It's a really COMMON procedure (as others have attested above).

Break a leg!
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote