Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'll take an insult please....just to shake things up.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bars and Bar View Post
Can I have a compliment?
Of course! I like that you take the time to reply to threads about fake patches, etc. It shows you value your fellow community members and are helpful. If it hasn't showed by my previous compliments, I love helpful people! We also share an anniversary date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
I think your kids are really cute and i think it is amazing that you beat cancer!
Thank you! I like the maturity you show on the boards. I also like that you aren't afraid to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I'll take an insult please....just to shake things up.
Lol! You are too funny. Even though you asked for an insult, I will give you a compliment first. I like that you stick up for people and know how to take a joke. You stuck up for me once and I greatly appreciate it.

Your insult: Your man crush on Tom Brady is embarrassing. Pick a real man to crush on.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

I compliment you, Josie, on timeliness and insight you put into each compliment.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Compliments make me resort to domestic violence. My wife would like to thank you from refraining in my case as she doesn't want to use the doorknob excuse again.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

I would love a compliment!

Josie you truly are one of the best members on this forum.

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Compliments make me resort to domestic violence. My wife would like to thank you from refraining in my case as she doesn't want to use the doorknob excuse again.
It's not called domestic abuse in my home. It's called touch love.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

My turn please
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I compliment you, Josie, on timeliness and insight you put into each compliment.
Thank you!

Quote:
You should work on that. Tell her I am trying to teach you about preheating the oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeeshy View Post
I would love a compliment!

Josie you truly are one of the best members on this forum.
Thank you! I am only as good as the company I keep.

I have enjoyed reading your posts. They are well thought out. You have been an active member since joining who has contributed positively. Thank you.

Quote:
Ouch!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbaked247 View Post
My turn please
You are easy to deal with, pay quickly, and leave feedback in a timely manner. With all the issues Bo has been having with buyers/sellers, this is refreshing.

Also, you take things in stride and have a good sense of humor.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I know you all like to act like manly men but every now and again it is nice to get a compliment. I love giving compliments so I figured it is a win/win. If you need one, post something in here and I will give you a compliment. Serious inquiries only please. Thank you.

PS

This is open to anyone, I just didn't want to emasculate our men.
Josie,
You my friend, are a true inspiration to all! I currently have a female friend going through chemo treatments right now and to watch how it has effected her life and knowing that you have been cancer free now for 5 years is truly a blessing to have you floating around these boards! Your a very nice lady and always brings happiness to everyone in your threads (hot thread) lol

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Josie,
You my friend, are a true inspiration to all! I currently have a female friend going through chemo treatments right now and to watch how it has effected her life and knowing that you have been cancer free now for 5 years is truly a blessing to have you floating around these boards! Your a very nice lady and always brings happiness to everyone in your threads (hot thread) lol
Thank you. That was very nice of you to say. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I wish her the best and a quick recovery. Chemo is hell. If she wants to talk about it with someone who can relate, let me know. I will give you my email address.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #37 (permalink)

You have pretty i's.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
You are easy to deal with, pay quickly, and leave feedback in a timely manner. With all the issues Bo has been having with buyers/sellers, this is refreshing.

Also, you take things in stride and have a good sense of humor.
God bless you
imbaked247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe it's like touching a Manatee: one hand ok , two hands not so much??
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Of course! I like that you take the time to reply to threads about fake patches, etc. It shows you value your fellow community members and are helpful. If it hasn't showed by my previous compliments, I love helpful people! We also share an anniversary date!

Thank you! I like the maturity you show on the boards. I also like that you aren't afraid to ask for help.

Lol! You are too funny. Even though you asked for an insult, I will give you a compliment first. I like that you stick up for people and know how to take a joke. You stuck up for me once and I greatly appreciate it.

Your insult: Your man crush on Tom Brady is embarrassing. Pick a real man to crush on.
I have a man crush on Tom Brady too
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #41 (permalink)

I'm horrible at taking compliments, not sure why. But I have had a crappy week, could use a hug...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #42 (permalink)

Josie, you are a beacon of light in an otherwise dark internet It is great to have someone post this - that shows that you are a blessing to those who know you!

Side note - I did this on craigs list once. I posted saying if you need a compliment, just email me. I would always get flagged, but one person took me up on it, and they said they really needed it.
mouschi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #43 (permalink)

I feel foolish for not adding this originally however Josie you are one of the kindest members on this site and your attitude reflects upon others. (at least me) I also would like to congratulate you for conquering cancer. I just lost my grandmother at the young age of 59 due to cancer. She fought it for 2 years but she is in a better place. I have a very big respect for those that go through that now that I have seen what it can do to a person. Keep up the kindness

** Looking for 1953 Bowman Color PSA 5 or better cards **
Whodey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Wow, not sure I will laugh that hard again this week.

Josie, thank you for just being yourself.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #45 (permalink)

I will give out all compliments later this evening. I appreciate all the nice things being said about me! Feel free to compliment others as well!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #46 (permalink)

Josie, you are truly one of the best of the Blowout forums. You are always contributing positively to topics. You are a breath of fresh air in a sometimes dark and stale forum. And you have cute kids
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #47 (permalink)

This was a good idea for a thread, I hope you have a great day!
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #48 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

Keep up the good work Josie, you are a breath of fresh air to this Forum... great topics with creativity.

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

I thought of Josie today while I was masticating.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #50 (permalink)

Sorry the compliments took so long this time. My son was sick yesterday and it was emotionally and physically draining as all he wanted to do was be held by his mommy. Most of the time the only thing that would calm him was me walking around with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
I'm horrible at taking compliments, not sure why. But I have had a crappy week, could use a hug...
Sometimes compliments are hard to take if you aren't used to getting them so we will have to change that for you!

You are great at giving out advice and don't hesitate to PM your fellow member with in-depth information. You also are fair on deals and have outstanding shipping methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
Josie, you are a beacon of light in an otherwise dark internet It is great to have someone post this - that shows that you are a blessing to those who know you!

Side note - I did this on craigs list once. I posted saying if you need a compliment, just email me. I would always get flagged, but one person took me up on it, and they said they really needed it.
That was really sweet of you! You probably impacted them in a way you can never imagine. That is the sign of an amazing person!

Thank you for your compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey14 View Post
I feel foolish for not adding this originally however Josie you are one of the kindest members on this site and your attitude reflects upon others. (at least me) I also would like to congratulate you for conquering cancer. I just lost my grandmother at the young age of 59 due to cancer. She fought it for 2 years but she is in a better place. I have a very big respect for those that go through that now that I have seen what it can do to a person. Keep up the kindness
I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I teared up reading that because no one should have to suffer. I am sure her fight was inspirational and I hope you can remember and cherish all the positive memories you have of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Wow, not sure I will laugh that hard again this week.

Josie, thank you for just being yourself.
I hope you get to laugh again that hard! We have some pretty comical members on this site!

Thank you! And thank you for being you. I know you have helped others by offering advice and I am sure the appreciated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
Josie, you are truly one of the best of the Blowout forums. You are always contributing positively to topics. You are a breath of fresh air in a sometimes dark and stale forum. And you have cute kids
Thank you. I think my kids are the cutest things ever but I am slightly bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
This was a good idea for a thread, I hope you have a great day!
Thank you, I hope you have a great day as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisle View Post
Keep up the good work Josie, you are a breath of fresh air to this Forum... great topics with creativity.
Thank you! I think we all have something positive to contribute (minus the scammers). Some of us just take a little longer to achieve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I thought of Josie today while I was masticating.
You think of me when you chew food? That is hot!