Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone else have problems with SolarFly cards?

I rarely post a thread, but this has really gotten me frustrated.

First time I ordered from SolarFly I had purchased a couple of game of thrones autographs. They sent me "full bleed" version instead of the "bordered" version that i had ordered. They told me they purchased one from ebay and it is on the way. Two weeks later, no card. I email them again and they tell me they bought another and it is on the way. I finally received it, about a month later.

Black friday was my second order ever. I purchased 2 autographs and paid for priority mail. Cards show up in a few days, however, it was sent first class...i decided to just let it go because i got a great deal on the cards.

Same weekend I ordered 2 cases of cards. I never received shipping confirmation or a tracking number to this day. I was told they will be here wednesday(today) at the latest..and of course they are not here.

Am i just having bad luck with them?
BuffyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've never even heard of this company/site
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 12-05-2012 at 07:22 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know first hand that Matt is going above and beyond for customers with the Walking Dead release.

Have you tried just calling him or contacting him, before making a thread?
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
I know first hand that Matt is going above and beyond for customers with the Walking Dead release.

Have you tried just calling him or contacting him, before making a thread?
I have emailed him many times. I just get better service from ebay sellers and people on these forums. I guess they are a new business and are still working on the issues they have. It is frustrating, but it will not stop me from ordering from them. I just wanted to see if it was just my orders being messed up
BuffyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have ordered from Solarfly on multiple occasions and have never had an issue. They offer some of the best prices around which is what got me to order with them in the first place. Every time I have e-mailed them I have heard back quickly.

Hopefully this was just a one time incident with your order and it wouldnt happen again. Especially if they keep offering deals like the Black Friday ones he had up. I got some items at a great price.
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyCollector View Post
I have emailed him many times. I just get better service from ebay sellers and people on these forums. I guess they are a new business and are still working on the issues they have. It is frustrating, but it will not stop me from ordering from them. I just wanted to see if it was just my orders being messed up
I've only ordered once and it was a Walking Dead product and was a very good transaction.

One thing, they seem to have good buzz on this and the non sport forum and they are not really a new business any more.

Good luck.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've ordered from them twice and haven't had any problems.
HaloHawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default They Suck

I had major problems with this guy when I placed an order for American Horror Story cards. Just plain bad.
Elrey144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

agreed , stay away , horrible place to get cards
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrey144 View Post
I had major problems with this guy when I placed an order for American Horror Story cards. Just plain bad.
So you used your 2nd ever post to bring up a 2 yr old thread instead of the one currently on the front page??????
Old 03-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
So you used your 2nd ever post to bring up a 2 yr old thread instead of the one currently on the front page??????
Maybe he/she had a bad experience. It seems to be the "norm" lately when dealing with SF. I would look at it from another window...the experience was that bad, that their second post was stating such...
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
Maybe he/she had a bad experience. It seems to be the "norm" lately when dealing with SF. I would look at it from another window...the experience was that bad, that their second post was stating such...
I get that just they have two posts the first being in 2012.
Who doesn't post for two years only to come back and dig up a thread and complain when we have a perfectly good discussion thread on solarfly already that is current?? That and he didnt even bother to tell us what happened.....if it was that damn horrible that this person went out of their way to come back to bo forums after 2 yrs, hunt down this thread, and post then we're owed the story otherwise its just *****in to *****.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I get that just they have two posts the first being in 2012.
Who doesn't post for two years only to come back and dig up a thread and complain when we have a perfectly good discussion thread on solarfly already that is current?? That and he didnt even bother to tell us what happened.....if it was that damn horrible that this person went out of their way to come back to bo forums after 2 yrs, hunt down this thread, and post then we're owed the story otherwise its just *****in to *****.
He seems to be "real", and in "our field". Maybe he's the "silent type"...lol

Elrey144 - Bing
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
He seems to be "real", and in "our field". Maybe he's the "silent type"...lol

Elrey144 - Bing
I guess we'll find out in 2017 lol

In related news (not really sf fault here) but it took my box from them 48 hrs to travel from denver usps location to colorado springs. I really wish sf had a "pickup" option caused id gladly drive 45 mins for my order than deal with the usps ridiculousness.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol I almost said something but decided I'd leave it be. It is strange tho. Especially because the new sf thread is always on the first page if threads cuz someone's always complaining lol.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
Lol I almost said something but decided I'd leave it be. It is strange tho. Especially because the new sf thread is always on the first page if threads cuz someone's always complaining lol.
They almost definitely did a title search for "solarfly" and didn't get the other thread in the results because it just has "sf". So technically, the OP did everything we usually ask of people, they just weren't hip to the lingo :P
Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelton View Post
They almost definitely did a title search for "solarfly" and didn't get the other thread in the results because it just has "sf". So technically, the OP did everything we usually ask of people, they just weren't hip to the lingo :P
Exactly. Blame the person who titled the other thread 'sf'.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

my fault I guess.
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Eh, people have been calling SolarFly "SF" for a while here, probably to keep from getting reprimanded for talking about the competition. I don't think it's a problem worth assigning blame.
Now that we've successfully resurrected the thread by talking about the non-issue of why the thread was resurrected...
Old 05-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Been waiting for my case of Star Wars Illustrated ESB, purchased early at presells, paid promptly, still NO product
Was originally advised i would receive in Australia 1one week after release, ??? now 2 weeks on & still NO sign of product
Amazing, the communications are prompt when pushing for an order + payment, then suddenly little or no communications

Not happy
andrewm6691 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm6691 View Post
Been waiting for my case of Star Wars Illustrated ESB, purchased early at presells, paid promptly, still NO product
Was originally advised i would receive in Australia 1one week after release, ??? now 2 weeks on & still NO sign of product
Amazing, the communications are prompt when pushing for an order + payment, then suddenly little or no communications

Not happy
File a claim and move on. If they come, then repay. If not, do not buy from them again.
If there is one thing i strive to do, is pay with paypal. People are LAZY or your issue is less important to a company , than some other issue. BUT, filing a claim with paypal or your credit card company seems to MIRACULOUSLY put you at the front of the customer service list....
Old 05-11-2015, 07:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Remember Viceroy, that one sketch company?
They came out thinking they bad as hell, trying to take over the world and everything.

What happen to them?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Remember Viceroy, that one sketch company?
They came out thinking they bad as hell, trying to take over the world and everything.

What happen to them?
They sold all their sketches to you and then ditched the hobby.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm6691 View Post

Not happy
There are threads regarding this "company" in the non-sports section. Basically, from what a few of us have experienced, they're a Ponzi scheme. Can't figure out if they just do presales and then hope prices drop within a week of release, if they just sell those "mystery boxes" to generate revenue to fill orders or what - but it's definitely shady.

edit --
does anyone know what's going on over at SF?