Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slufan83 Send a message via MSN to slufan83 Send a message via Yahoo to slufan83
Default eBay Sellers PLEASE Learn How To Ship Cards!!!

I haven't been collecting for a year or so, and of course the first card I purchase on eBay in over a year arrives damaged. It was the typical poor packaging damage that can EASILY be avoided. People need to learn that a top loader alone IS NOT ENOUGH. Simply take the time and surround the card with pack fillers or cardboard cut-outs! I'm getting absolutely sick of getting a jersey card in the mail with those stupid wrinkles extending out from the jersey swatch because the card wasn't properly protected and got slightly bent in the shipping process. You have to assume that the USPS is going to treat your package like crap, so you have to package stuff to avoid damage. I hate that just because I win a card for a low price the sellers just think they can throw the card in a bubble mailer and move on. It's getting absolutely ridiculous how often this is happening.
slufan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have literally never heard of this happening before, I'd check with Ebay this might be the first ever recorded case of cards being damaged through inferior shipping methods.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slufan83 Send a message via MSN to slufan83 Send a message via Yahoo to slufan83

I think I sense sarcasm there haha....I know it happens, I just need to rant because it seems to happen more often than not with me. More and more people are getting careless when shipping cards.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fear not - rant on - those who don't like it can just do this thing called 'ignore'. Novel idea, I know.

And yes, some shippers really don't think through what they're doing, that is pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufan83 View Post
I think I sense sarcasm there haha....I know it happens, I just need to rant because it seems to happen more often than not with me. More and more people are getting careless when shipping cards.
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Whaaaat? How dare you I was being totally serious this is a big deal!

But for real, it's unavoidable when you buy a large enough quantity of cards. Trust reliable sellers and research feedback. Nail the bad ones to scare them away. It's a constant battle that will never end what can you do.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Fear not - rant on - those who don't like it can just do this thing called 'ignore'. Novel idea, I know.

And yes, some shippers really don't think through what they're doing, that is pretty obvious.
I know I'm such a meanie! Big internet bully that's me!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

In over 1000 transactions total. This seriously has never happened to me. I guess I could see how it can get damaged, but this isn't an unproper way of shipping cards IMO since it has never happened to me in 1000+ deals. Someone told me that the size of bubble mailer is a big issue. Was the bubble mailer big?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Waiting for the sellers pro stance coming in advocating charging $15 to ship and sending your card wrapped in toilet paper inside a brown paper bag. Then justifying it because they had to profit off the "Handling" because their time is worth $500/hr since they have no job sitting on EI.

For 1-4 cards everything should be toploaded, team bagged and sent in a 4x6 bubble mailer. If its expensive ship it more securely. Thats the minimum one should do sending any card regardless of value.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Waiting for the sellers pro stance coming in advocating charging $15 to ship and sending your card wrapped in toilet paper inside a brown paper bag. Then justifying it because they had to profit off the "Handling" because their time is worth $500/hr since they have no job sitting on EI.

For 1-4 cards everything should be toploaded, team bagged and sent in a 4x6 bubble mailer. If its expensive ship it more securely. Thats the minimum one should do sending any card regardless of value.
Exactly. Because the cards have less of a chance moving around in a more tighter bubble mailer. As long as these requirements are done, I don't see the seller being in the wrong. More so a USPS issue.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Toploaders fit perfectly in a 4x6,7,8. Its like they were meant for one another!! Stick some decoys in there too!!

If I have to use a larger mailer, I usually steal one of my wife's jewellery boxes she gets for a $1 at some "creative bags" shop. Vwbus has seen my boxes in action!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Vwbus has seen my boxes in action!!
That's what....she said...??? (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
Steve2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post

You dont say? Some people wont use ignore, I dont get it. I use it all the time.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

I know the pain.

Those creases you mention often occurring during the manufacturing process.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufan83
I haven't been collecting for a year or so, and of course the first card I purchase on eBay in over a year arrives damaged. It was the typical poor packaging damage that can EASILY be avoided. People need to learn that a top loader alone IS NOT ENOUGH. Simply take the time and surround the card with pack fillers or cardboard cut-outs! I'm getting absolutely sick of getting a jersey card in the mail with those stupid wrinkles extending out from the jersey swatch because the card wasn't properly protected and got slightly bent in the shipping process. You have to assume that the USPS is going to treat your package like crap, so you have to package stuff to avoid damage. I hate that just because I win a card for a low price the sellers just think they can throw the card in a bubble mailer and move on. It's getting absolutely ridiculous how often this is happening.
FYI majority of those game used cards with the wrinkles "extending" out from the jersey are caused by the card manufactuers when they use press machines n glue to seal the card together...but you are correct if people took more time n effort to securely pack a card would save some headaches

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

I always just go to the post office and take some of those free flat rate boxes and cut them into card shaped rectangles and put the cardboard around the card. The card is top loaded too of course, but the cardboard doesn't allow the card to bend. For shipping purposes alone, just a top loader is pretty flimsy and they allow for way to much bend.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

You mean to tell me I can't stick a label and stamp right on the card(s) and mail that way?

Man, what have I been doing all this time....
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have been using 'packing peanuts' in my bubble mailer to assure my mailer is thick enough to not go through the 'auto' sorter where most of the damage occurs.

This was reccomended by my local PO who knows I primarily ship cards.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufan83 View Post
I always just go to the post office and take some of those free flat rate boxes and cut them into card shaped rectangles and put the cardboard around the card. The card is top loaded too of course, but the cardboard doesn't allow the card to bend. For shipping purposes alone, just a top loader is pretty flimsy and they allow for way to much bend.
From the USPS website:

Quote:
Boxes ordered from the Postal Store can be used only for the class of mail specified on the box (Express Mail® service, Priority Mail® service, or Global Express Guaranteed®) and must be closed using the adhesive provided. These boxes should not be re-used and do not need to be as they can be ordered from the Postal Store at no cost. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.
"I'm going to laugh when the Vikings beat the Lions next week after all the crap you've talked. I hope you like eating crow." - CC_123
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote