Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,625
Default The New York Post at its Finest



This is just sad:

__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.

Last edited by Zacky1053; 12-06-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
ajlaxmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Turner, ME
Posts: 3,497
Default

God I hate the f*cking media sometimes. No remorse at all. Hope the guy who sold the picture to them is happy with the paycheck he got.
__________________
Die hard Chargers Fan from the State of Maine.


"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
God I hate the f*cking media sometimes. No remorse at all. Hope the guy who sold the picture to them is happy with the paycheck he got.
And the caption/headline on top of that? Disgusting.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,211
Default

That can't be real right
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
That can't be real right
Sadly, it's 100% real. Look it up.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
MI Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
That can't be real right
It's real.
Heard the story yesterday.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
natbornkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bkNY
Posts: 14,140
Default

dont blame the media
blame the people who took pictures and or the other who just stood there
__________________
this one goes out to some of the members
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=dee-dee-dee-song&videoId=72779

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Sadly, it's 100% real. Look it up.
So sad that the photographers first reaction here is to take a picture instead of deopping the camera and pulling that guy up.

Pretty sure if he had the time to get that pic he had the time to save the guy
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
MI Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
dont blame the media
blame the people who took pictures and or the other who just stood there
Bystander apathy, and diffusion of responsibility. Since there was a large crowd of people, it's less likely someone will help.

Sad, but it's just how it works.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,134
Default

Did this guy really die? Or did he quick jump out?
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
So sad that the photographers first reaction here is to take a picture instead of deopping the camera and pulling that guy up.

Pretty sure if he had the time to get that pic he had the time to save the guy
I'm hoping you're wrong, and that this is from a security camera and not a cell phone/handheld camera.

Although in this day and age, someone stopping to take a picture rather than helping others wouldn't surprise me.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'm hoping you're wrong, and that this is from a security camera and not a cell phone/handheld camera.

Although in this day and age, someone stopping to take a picture rather than helping others wouldn't surprise me.
Don't think it can be a security camera based on the angle of it, too low to the ground to be a security camera
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,578
Default

First of all, utterly despicable.

Second of all, I plead with ALL of you to NEVER engage with a stranger on the train platform. That is how this happened...the guy got into an argument with a random person who was "emotionally unstable" and was pushed onto the tracks. I see people try to #@#@#@#@ with these types in the subway all the time and all I can think about is how STUPID they are. Please ignore these folks.

Third of all, if you ever happen to find yourself in this situation, it's my understanding that the best thing to do is RUN in the opposite direction of the train. It will likely be stopping at the station, so if you can manage to get to the part of the tunnel where the train won't reach when it stops, you should be OK. There should be a ladder there. Just avoid the third rail...you don't want to get zapped.

*sigh*...what a terrible, terrible story.
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnAndrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ZOO York!
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'm hoping you're wrong, and that this is from a security camera and not a cell phone/handheld camera.

Although in this day and age, someone stopping to take a picture rather than helping others wouldn't surprise me.
No...it was a freelance photographer, and he was content to defend his own actions: New York Post photographer defends picture of subway victim - chicagotribune.com
__________________
Fan of the Yankees and Syracuse Hoops.
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
teosdesserts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Did this guy really die? Or did he quick jump out?
He died .
__________________
Orioles, Bruins,Celtics,Baseball HOFers Supercollecting Nick Markakis 28.8% non 1/1's
2009 spx game jersey autos (90%), 2011 Marquee Monumental Autos (55%), 2012 Cooperstown Signatures (13%)

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
dizzyduff13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post
No...it was a freelance photographer, and he was content to defend his own actions: New York Post photographer defends picture of subway victim - chicagotribune.com
I read he said that he took to pictures to catch the operators attention with the flash of his camera.
__________________
I Collect Jeff Francoeur, Justin Upton (Braves) & Evan Gattis
dizzyduff13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,701
Default

https://www.waxvac.com/default.aspx?...m_campaign=CPD
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
ajlaxmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Turner, ME
Posts: 3,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyduff13 View Post
I read he said that he took to pictures to catch the operators attention with the flash of his camera.
Because waving your arms and pointing frantically wouldn't do any goody f*cking cunt just wanted to take a picture to have a story or some sh*t. Hope that guy has someone taking a picture of his as$ getting mugged and beat within one inch of his life. Some people are such scum.
__________________
Die hard Chargers Fan from the State of Maine.


"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
ajlaxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 7,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob;3766935[B
]Bystander apathy, and diffusion of responsibility. Since there was a large crowd of people, it's less likely someone will help.[/B]Sad, but it's just how it works.
I recently learned that in my psychology class. It left me wondering why that is even though my teacher said something like "more people means everyone thinks someone else will help them" or maybe it was the opposite I dont remember but yeah more people means less likely someone will help.

Really sucks to see someone die, especially someone you dont know right in front of you.

I wonder how the train conductor feels, even the guy's family
__________________
Collecting a bunch of stuff, wantlist in progress
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,415
Default

I caught a couple of minutes of the photographer on CNN. I hope that he can live with himself with getting the perfect picture versus making any efforts to save the man. What kind of person could concentrate hard enough to make sure his picture of a man about to die was in perfect focus versus dropping his camera to see what he could do in attempt to save the man?
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,242
Default

migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
XL5
Member
 
XL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAndrew View Post

Third of all, if you ever happen to find yourself in this situation, it's my understanding that the best thing to do is RUN in the opposite direction of the train. It will likely be stopping at the station, so if you can manage to get to the part of the tunnel where the train won't reach when it stops, you should be OK. There should be a ladder there. Just avoid the third rail...you don't want to get zapped.
And there are usually spaces every 25-50 feet where you can duck in, at least along platforms. Every time I'm waiting on the platform I make note of where they are. However I imagine that the problem is that you usually don't think too clearly it when some crazy #@#@#@#@er throws you on the tracks and you look up to see a train bearing down on you.

Just an awful story and I feel like I am a worse person for having seen that photo.
__________________
Want: 2010 Allen & Ginter N43 relics of Pujols, Markakis, Howard. Want: Konerko high-end, looking for any Konerko 2012 Topps S1 1/1s
My buckets: https://sites.google.com/site/xl5inventory/ My shipping: DC and mailed next business day. My LCSs: Elite Sports Cards, Chicago; Tim's Baseball Card Shop, Chicago
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I caught a couple of minutes of the photographer on CNN. I hope that he can live with himself with getting the perfect picture versus making any efforts to save the man. What kind of person could concentrate hard enough to make sure his picture of a man about to die was in perfect focus versus dropping his camera to see what he could do in attempt to save the man?
Exactly. That wasn't a split second snapshot, he had the photo perfectly centered and focused to show the train coming with the guy hanging from the ledge.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,018
Default

How fast is the train going at that point when its about to stop? That is crazy...
__________________
Ed Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
MI Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
I recently learned that in my psychology class. It left me wondering why that is even though my teacher said something like "more people means everyone thinks someone else will help them" or maybe it was the opposite I dont remember but yeah more people means less likely someone will help.

Really sucks to see someone die, especially someone you dont know right in front of you.

I wonder how the train conductor feels, even the guy's family
Your teacher is right. When there's alot of people around, most of us will just think that someone else will help the person.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.