Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I run VM ware on my mac. This allows me to switch between PC to mac depending on the software being used. Its in paralell so I dont need to shut down nor boot back up. Its all in real time.

Does PC allow you to run any OS Software?
Thing is, I dont *need* to run MacOS based software, everything I need I can already run.

At any rate, I really dont have that much of a problem with Macs, I just rather dislike the elitist attitude that some Mac users have. So long as the system does what I need to do, I can learn anything. I really do not understand why these threads pop up so often.

And that said, I do plan on staying far far away from Windows 8...looks horrendous, might actually drive me to linux next (although none of the big things I need for work run on that either...)

One other thing...laptops excluded, I build my own junk. No support needed. And it simply works. If I need to upgrade something in a few years, I can. I've built plenty of systems for friends too. I have certain component manufacturers that I use and certain ones I do not. Never had any problems with any of the systems.

Last edited by mainerunr; 12-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Window 8 will be the stake in Balmers heart. It looks great for a tablet platform. Not a desktop or laptop platform!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Total jab at anyone that buys a Mac. You basically are saying if they can make it pretty it is the "SOLE" reason for picking one up.

Ill give you this one. You know why? Because of our location. Canada has one of the highest rate of engagement and product information. So location did play a role. We are generally smarter about our money and what we are buying!!
This happens with any and all products. It's rather contradictory that you call them jabs then go on to agree that people indeed don't care, at least in America. It happens with Apple products just like anything else. And yes, I do believe and have seen many people buy Apple simply because it's Apple. (And that was the reason they told me.) It happens all over the world, including America and Canada.

As an example, Mac Pros still use architecture from 2010 compared to other, more updated PCs in its area - which is really limiting because that line is supposed to be pretty expandable. And I never made any comments about tech support, that was your thing.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #54 (permalink)

I have a Mac and love it, no problems once so ever.
bhavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Give me an example of an area where apple falls behind the curve when it comes to tech. You claim "architecture" Can you be more specific?

As for people buy apple simply because its apple is the same as me saying people buy a PC because its cheap! Not because its any good. Hence why they turn over their computers more often than the average mac user. I know a ton of people who have gone through 4 or 5 laptops while their counterpart are still content and up to date with tech using their 3 yr old or 5 yr old macbook.

Its like they vacuum discussion we had last week. What is better? buying 3 disfunction vacuums at $300 each because Dyson is just a marketing scheme or just buying a dyson @ $500 over a span of 5 yrs and having the same output? I dont know about you but buying once would make me happy then having to recycle a product all because of a lower price point and "not" getting what I was looking for.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-13-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Give me an example of an area where apple falls behind the curve when it comes to tech. You claim "architecture" Can you be more specific?
Mac Pros still use Westmere architecture from 2010, even though Intel has since been through Sandy Bridge and now Ivy Bridge. There have been talks that Apple is supposed to update the Mac Pros but nothing has happened.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Mac Pros still use Westmere architecture from 2010, even though Intel has since been through Sandy Bridge and now Ivy Bridge. There have been talks that Apple is supposed to update the Mac Pros but nothing has happened.
Isnt that what the iCore set is?

I dont know enough about the energy saving and speed of these 3 so I honestly cant say much.

But do PC laptops across the board now have this where no apple product does?