Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Free Cards For a Blowout Cards Child

I've got about 1000 cards or so sitting around. I'm also going to sift through my non-sellers on eBay and some other hockey numbered inserts.

This isn't just junk either. There are some jersey cards, I think an auto or two, and numbered inserts.

This would be a good one for someone with kids. Post here if you want them for your child.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

hey i just sent some to ilovelakings,fungiman and hairysquasch. and they use them as incentives for home work for there kids!! and fungiman is a teacher and hands them out as prizes in school when the kids do good on ther tests and stuff from what i understand!!! it is a great thing to do!!!!! sorry to hijack your thread but thought i would let you know about those guys!!!
248rayment4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

PM sent! BTW, Just wanted to add my public thanks to all members of the board who have sent cards to my son (a 9 year-old 4th grader whom I've hooked badly on cards!) - he is getting bombed with homework (a big adjustment from last year with an unmotivated teacher) but these packages have been great for his mood and motivation! Thanks again to all - this is a classy and generous virtual world we inhabit!
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

My wife and I are also middle school teachers and would welcome any "card donations" to hand out to students. We also give away many of ours...but could always use a fresh supply!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
hey i just sent some to ilovelakings,fungiman and hairysquasch. and they use them as incentives for home work for there kids!! and fungiman is a teacher and hands them out as prizes in school when the kids do good on ther tests and stuff from what i understand!!! it is a great thing to do!!!!! sorry to hijack your thread but thought i would let you know about those guys!!!
I have also sent cards to fungi & hairy, and will be sending out to ilovelakings.

Please PM for more info. I have plenty of singles/inserts/rookies, mostly football, but some baseball and basketball
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bigboysoffootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
My wife and I are also middle school teachers and would welcome any "card donations" to hand out to students. We also give away many of ours...but could always use a fresh supply!
PM me your address and I can send some out.

R.I.P PAPAJIM
bigboysoffootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

PM sent your way
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
PM sent your way
I got three PMs, so I'll get 3- 800 count boxes and split them up. Mods can close this thread.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote