Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sserrano49 View Post
On demand try it
That is the one shining light for being forced to the digital cable. The free on demand allows me to catch up on shows. But I tend to forget about it....which is stupid of me
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
That is the one shining light for being forced to the digital cable. The free on demand allows me to catch up on shows. But I tend to forget about it....which is stupid of me
A lot people don't take advantage of it because they think they will get charged.

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #28 (permalink)

i dont necessarily hate them with a passion like some do, butmy main complaints are more irritations than anything.

- Weekly Emergency Broadcast Tests; I understand the need for them and everything...but why, instead of having the EBT noise and grey test screen scrolling across the screen...do they feel the need to knock me off the "cable" channel im watching for 30 seconds? and not just once!! usually 2 or 3 times back to back to back...

im not sure if thats just a Comcast thing or not though...i know it also happened at the Condos i did security for (on the main TV in the lobby) and they also had Comcast.

- The random phone tests/upgrades, or whatever it is that they do late at night; much like the EBT tests...its usually later (midnight or after). TV Channels will still work fine, but ill lose internet connection randomly; check the router and reset it...and it stays stuck on "phone" light...check the phone lines and they are dead; when they finally work again to call and figure out whats going on...get the message about "tests/upgrades" or whatever the issue was.

- when, for whatever reason, i dont pay my bill on time....they opt to keep the TV channels on and working, but cut both INTERNET ACCESS and PHONE LINE ACCESS off; umm...if i cant get online or use the house phone to call and make a payment how am i suppose to? (and no i dont have a cell)
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

There 10x better than cablevision.
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

DC Man Sues Comcast Over '$26K Error' | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

I had to laugh when I read this on yahoo headline news......nearly the exact thing that happened to me but luckily I was persistant and finally after dozens of calls got it fixed.
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
i dont necessarily hate them with a passion like some do, butmy main complaints are more irritations than anything.

- Weekly Emergency Broadcast Tests; I understand the need for them and everything...but why, instead of having the EBT noise and grey test screen scrolling across the screen...do they feel the need to knock me off the "cable" channel im watching for 30 seconds? and not just once!! usually 2 or 3 times back to back to back...

im not sure if thats just a Comcast thing or not though...i know it also happened at the Condos i did security for (on the main TV in the lobby) and they also had Comcast.

- The random phone tests/upgrades, or whatever it is that they do late at night; much like the EBT tests...its usually later (midnight or after). TV Channels will still work fine, but ill lose internet connection randomly; check the router and reset it...and it stays stuck on "phone" light...check the phone lines and they are dead; when they finally work again to call and figure out whats going on...get the message about "tests/upgrades" or whatever the issue was.

- when, for whatever reason, i dont pay my bill on time....they opt to keep the TV channels on and working, but cut both INTERNET ACCESS and PHONE LINE ACCESS off; umm...if i cant get online or use the house phone to call and make a payment how am i suppose to? (and no i dont have a cell)
I'm wondering if that's something done in your area because I never had anything like that happen around here.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
DC Man Sues Comcast Over '$26K Error' | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

I had to laugh when I read this on yahoo headline news......nearly the exact thing that happened to me but luckily I was persistant and finally after dozens of calls got it fixed.
Crazy story honestly being that I've been with dish and Comcast now I can say the customer service reps over the phone are the worst part of the company. As a tech with dish I use to get into so many arguments with them because they'd basically be telling me stuff like I had no idea what I was doing. They think they are the brains of the company but they lack proper training. At least Comcast realises it and put people on the streets to talk face to face with people instead of transferring your call over seas to someone who could care less what your paying.