Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What do you guys think of comcast?

So I took a job with their direct sales team and relocated. It seemed like a good gig but man people had some bad experiences with them. So I figured I'd get some feedback on things you liked and maybe where they failed. I need to figure out how to help people regain trust because every person I talk to thinks I'm lying to them just to make a buck.

http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/sserrano49/library/Football%20For%20Sale
sserrano49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Love/hate. I love to hate them. Since you work for them, I won't badmouth them, but my experience over 15 years is bad. The telecom industry has worked hard to make the switching costs high and it keeps unhappy customers from changing.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Love/hate. I love to hate them. Since you work for them, I won't badmouth them, but my experience over 15 years is bad. The telecom industry has worked hard to make the switching costs high and it keeps unhappy customers from changing.
I hear complaints every day so it's fine if you want to comment . I think recently its become a lot easier to switch free installs and no money down.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am overall pleased with Comcast. My biggest gripe is this...

I have been a customer for years.. 8 years or more if i am thinking correctly. Why do they offer these great deals to new customers but offer me #@#@#@#@ for loyalty to them? I call and all they will offer me is a deal if I will add Home phone.. Who in this world uses a home phone line anymore? Not to mention I can't afford to pay more than I am paying for my bill now just to add a phone line. If another decent cable company would come around I would be switching for this reason. Besides that I enjoy all the stuff I get and my internet works most of the time.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

I wish they would move to more areas we currently have to have dish out in Cheshire, OR at my fathers new house.
Niels50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
I am overall pleased with Comcast. My biggest gripe is this...

I have been a customer for years.. 8 years or more if i am thinking correctly. Why do they offer these great deals to new customers but offer me #@#@#@#@ for loyalty to them? I call and all they will offer me is a deal if I will add Home phone.. Who in this world uses a home phone line anymore? Not to mention I can't afford to pay more than I am paying for my bill now just to add a phone line. If another decent cable company would come around I would be switching for this reason. Besides that I enjoy all the stuff I get and my internet works most of the time.
Yea that's the downside of pretty much all tellocomunication companies. You get an awesome two year deal then after that it seems like they could care less. As a customer I hated this as well but I was happy with service. The reason they offer phone is because it makes you eligible for another promo for adding service I usually tell people finish the promo and just cancel it after your promo is up. But all in all its every company dish and directv as well.

We had a meeting recently and they did mention focusing more on keeping current customers happier so hoping they create some incentive program.

Last edited by sserrano49; 12-13-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels50 View Post
I wish they would move to more areas we currently have to have dish out in Cheshire, OR at my fathers new house.
I lived in a small town that had a crappy cable company and one Internet provider. For dish and 1.5 mb Internet I would pay about 150. I came here and people are pissed about paying 80 for tv and 12mb Internet. I'm extremely happy with my net speed.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sserrano49 View Post
Yea that's the downside of pretty much all tellocomunication companies. You get an awesome two year deal then after that it seems like they could care less. As a customer I hated this as well but I was happy with service. The reason they offer phone is because it makes you eligible for another promo for adding service I usually tell people finish the promo and just cancel it after your promo is up. But all in all its every company dish and directv as well.

We had a meeting recently and they did mention focusing more on keeping current customers happier so hoping they create some incentive program.
Well years ago I could call every year or so and say hey i want a deal since I am a long time customer and usually they would give me 6 or 12 months of the internet half price or something like that. Now they wont do this unless I add the home phone or their new home alarm system thing. I was happy with the way it use to be.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

lower my damn bill... 220 a month is rape
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Hate Comcast wth a passion. Worse customer service ever! Will never ever go back. Even if it was free for life, I would not go back.

Had Comcast for about 6 days last year. That was more then enough for me...

Idiot techs, idiots in "customer service".
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
lower my damn bill... 220 a month is rape
now that's outrageous what the hell do you got.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Hate Comcast wth a passion. Worse customer service ever! Will never ever go back. Even if it was free for life, I would not go back.

Had Comcast for about 6 days last year. That was more then enough for me...

Idiot techs, idiots in "customer service".
Care to explain the problems before bashing. I got to be honest at least half the people I talk to who hates comcast can't even remember why they hate them.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
now that's outrageous what the hell do you got.
im not sure lol i signed a 2 year contract about 2 and a half years ago... i know i get pretty much all the channels and 2 hd dvrs and fast internet..

they somehow smooth talked me into a one year contract when i called about bill going up to 270 after contract ended.. they used some shifty talk to lock me up
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

They have been fine for me. Way better than my previous company. The one thing that bothers me is that my wife loves the channel Turner Classic Movies. But the only way to get that channel where I am is to sign up for their expanded sports package which we don't really want. It's absurd that TCM is included in the sports package.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
They have been fine for me. Way better than my previous company. The one thing that bothers me is that my wife loves the channel Turner Classic Movies. But the only way to get that channel where I am is to sign up for their expanded sports package which we don't really want. It's absurd that TCM is included in the sports package.
Thats odd in my area TCM is available with the preferred package. Check your channel lineup online and look into that.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeve86 View Post
im not sure lol i signed a 2 year contract about 2 and a half years ago... i know i get pretty much all the channels and 2 hd dvrs and fast internet..

they somehow smooth talked me into a one year contract when i called about bill going up to 270 after contract ended.. they used some shifty talk to lock me up
I had someone paying 240 today with directv and century link bundle. First year with us they were going to be paying 109, Second year 139, and after the second year they were still only paying 189 thats including box fees and modem rental. Not bad to save someone around $1500 their first year. Best thing to do is call into your local comcast office and ask for direct sales department were the ones with the special deals.

Another thing get rid of the dvrs. You can get pretty much all the shows on demand for free. That alone can save you about $17 a month.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hate Hate Hate Hate (INSERT F WORD HERE) HATE!!! A couple of years ago they made my whole town switch from analog to digital. I am not home much so I waited. They sent me my boxes, and told me they would notify me when I had to officially activate them. In the meantime they created a new "digital" account with online billing (I dont have their internet nor an email acccount with them) and proceeded to start billing me thru it. Well then since I did not pay the online bill I never got, or even hook up the digital boxes they sent me, they disconnected my digital service I had never used and proceeded to send me to collections for my service and boxes that I had never used meanwhile I still had my analog cable working just fine.

Fastforward to refinancing a truck and its then I find out I have a so called collection on record. Needless to say it dinged my nearly perfect credit bad and I had to call all over the world before finally getting a woman locally to track another woman down in texas to fix this "glitch" as they called it. I have a folder with documentation of the times called, countries and areas reached, people I talked to, and more. I was planning on finally filing suit against them until the last woman fixed the issue. Horrible horrible customer service. Crappy cable service. I had to jump thru hoops to fix their mistakes.

I really get tired of seeing commercials knocking satelite when everything they broadcast comes in via satelite and their service is as spotty or worse than satelite. I have learned to call every single time my service is out to get a "daily" credit. Especially since they keep jacking my rates for just basic/expanded service.
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
Hate Hate Hate Hate (INSERT F WORD HERE) HATE!!! A couple of years ago they made my whole town switch from analog to digital. I am not home much so I waited. They sent me my boxes, and told me they would notify me when I had to officially activate them. In the meantime they created a new "digital" account with online billing (I dont have their internet nor an email acccount with them) and proceeded to start billing me thru it. Well then since I did not pay the online bill I never got, or even hook up the digital boxes they sent me, they disconnected my digital service I had never used and proceeded to send me to collections for my service and boxes that I had never used meanwhile I still had my analog cable working just fine.

Fastforward to refinancing a truck and its then I find out I have a so called collection on record. Needless to say it dinged my nearly perfect credit bad and I had to call all over the world before finally getting a woman locally to track another woman down in texas to fix this "glitch" as they called it. I have a folder with documentation of the times called, countries and areas reached, people I talked to, and more. I was planning on finally filing suit against them until the last woman fixed the issue. Horrible horrible customer service. Crappy cable service. I had to jump thru hoops to fix their mistakes.

I really get tired of seeing commercials knocking satelite when everything they broadcast comes in via satelite and their service is as spotty or worse than satelite. I have learned to call every single time my service is out to get a "daily" credit. Especially since they keep jacking my rates for just basic/expanded service.
Id definitely be pissed too. I never had comcast before the digital transition so couldn't say how it was but i know a lot of older folks hate the fact of having the boxes. Thats what makes my job hard i know in the past comcast had one of the worst if not the worst customer service. I went from being a dish tech to the comcast side and i can honestly say internally comcast is far superior at the moment. They are trying to regain that trust with people.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Id definitely be pissed too. I never had comcast before the digital transition so couldn't say how it was but i know a lot of older folks hate the fact of having the boxes. Thats what makes my job hard i know in the past comcast had one of the worst if not the worst customer service. I went from being a dish tech to the comcast side and i can honestly say internally comcast is far superior at the moment. They are trying to regain that trust with people.
If they are far superior, it must be only at being inferior. God you just convinced me I never want satelite. Hell I have beeen thinking of giving up cable all together and just getting internet and watching online stuff. Currently I just tether off the blackberry. I cant believe how much people spend on cable. Mine just went up again and I pay $67 a month for basic and expanded which is crazy. I would never pay $200 plus a month. No need whatsoever for that. I have a life off of my couch
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
If they are far superior, it must be only at being inferior. God you just convinced me I never want satelite. Hell I have beeen thinking of giving up cable all together and just getting internet and watching online stuff. Currently I just tether off the blackberry. I cant believe how much people spend on cable. Mine just went up again and I pay $67 a month for basic and expanded which is crazy. I would never pay $200 plus a month. No need whatsoever for that. I have a life off of my couch
I agree a lot of people do spend too much time at home. When i said they were better i just mean on the inside as an employee you can really tell if a company cares what people think. Dish received the award for worst company to work for last year and i couldnt agree more. I look at telecommunications as a luxory and only there for entertainment but some people are glued to the stuff so to each their own.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

If you want to make the male population of Comcast then add the NFL Network to the basic package like Dish Network does.

Comcast should occasionally toss a bone to long-term customers like myself. A free pay per view movie or some bonus channels would not kill them.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
If you want to make the male population of Comcast then add the NFL Network to the basic package like Dish Network does.

Comcast should occasionally toss a bone to long-term customers like myself. A free pay per view movie or some bonus channels would not kill them.
I agree every company should have an incentive for long time customers but dish directv and comcast dont do it. As far as NFL network its not on dish's basic package its on the top 200. If you like sports you can do comcasts economy pack for 35 and add the sports pack for 10 which includes nfl network and redzone.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree every company should have an incentive for long time customers but dish directv and comcast dont do it. As far as NFL network its not on dish's basic package its on the top 200. If you like sports you can do comcasts economy pack for 35 and add the sports pack for 10 which includes nfl network and redzone.
I pay $67 a month for the infomercial 100. I come home from work most of the time between 2 am and 7 am and I am treated to almost 100 channels of infomercials that are so called "paid programming" fml
Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

On demand try it

Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

I've had Comcast for almost 8 months. It's OK. They have messed up with our payments once or twice. But one time our cable box shorted out. We have a kind of master switch next to our front door that controls our TV, VCR/DVD combo, and internet. I flicked it off by accident one morning and everything went off and couldn't get it back on. I called Comcast and they said they would be out between 11am-1pm. They were here at 10:30 and replaced our cable box for free and got everything working again.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote