Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default TV Advice/Help & PS3 Question

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions that I need some advice/help on. I'm getting a house soon and I was wondering which of the scenarios I should do about the 42" LCD TV I have.

1) Put the 42" LCD TV in the living room and buy a 32" LCD TV for my bedroom

2) Buy a 60" LED TV for the living room and put the 42" LCD TV in my bedroom.

Also, I have PS3 (which I really only play MLB 12 The Show on it but use it mostly for Blu Ray/DVD player). Which scenario would you do for the PS3?

1) Keep the PS3 in the living room and put a Blu Ray player in my bedroom.

2) Buy a Blu Ray player for the living room and put the PS3 in my bedroom.

3) Sell the PS3 and just buy a Blu Ray player for the living room and one for my bedroom.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? Lol.
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Well, it depends on the variables involved.

TV Scenarios -
1) How big is your bedroom, or rather, how far away will your head be from the television?
2) How big is your living room, or rather, how far away will you be sitting from the television?

PS3 Scenarios -
1) Where do you find yourself playing games more often, the living room or the bedroom
2) Where do you find yourself watching movies more often, the bedroom or the living room?
3) Don't sell the PS3, just by a Blu-ray player. Where you put each will be determined by how you answer the questions above
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Well, it depends on the variables involved.

TV Scenarios -
1) How big is your bedroom, or rather, how far away will your head be from the television?
2) How big is your living room, or rather, how far away will you be sitting from the television?

PS3 Scenarios -
1) Where do you find yourself playing games more often, the living room or the bedroom
2) Where do you find yourself watching movies more often, the bedroom or the living room?
3) Don't sell the PS3, just by a Blu-ray player. Where you put each will be determined by how you answer the questions above
Good point lol. I'm thinking about just putting the 42" and ps3 in my bedroom and getting the 60" and a blu ray player for the living room.

Problem solved lol
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeskey45 View Post
Good point lol. I'm thinking about just putting the 42" and ps3 in my bedroom and getting the 60" and a blu ray player for the living room.

Problem solved lol
I have a 42" in my living room and a 37" in my bedroom...

The 37" is fine for my bedroom because my headboard is about 8-10' from the tv...

The 42" for my living room seems SO TINY because my couch is about 15 feet from the tv.

If I had it to do again I would have moved the 42" to my room (which I already owned) and buy a 50-60" for my living room.

oh well
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I've got a 70 inch in my "man room", a 42 in my living room, and a 42 in my bedroom

It all depends on the size of the room however. My 70 inch, while awesome, is proabably too big in reality for how the room is laid out.

Bigger isn't always better depending on the room and if you have sunlight etc...
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote