Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need to vent about UPS. Am I wrong?

So I had an package from UPS coming today that requires a signature. In my neighborhood UPS delivers usually in the afternoon. I knew from tracking the shipment that it would be delivered today. I had to hand in my final at school at 10:30 and with the drive I figure I'd get home by noon and both my parents have typical 9-5 jobs. As I leave my final I check the tracking shipment and it says they tried to deliver at 9:33 but no one was home. So I figure maybe he'll come back in the afternoon like UPS does. Sure enough I see a UPS truck go by my house and it doesn't stop...then it goes by again in the opposite direction. Now I have to wait through the weekend for my package. I understand its the holidays and its busy as far as shipping but none of it makes sense to me.
ctpatsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

its all you

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

as long as they have tried to make the inital delivery you can typically try and pick the package at the warehouse.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

No guarantee that your package was on that tuck, odds say yes, but you never know

Call up the local UPS center, you might be able to go pick it up even tonight as they're usually there late because of shipments coming in
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Just checked on the website, it says they will be open tomorrow so I guess I'll go there to see if I can pick it up
Old 12-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you didn't call by 7 today, you won't be able to pick it up tomorrow. You have to call them by 7pm if you miss a package to have it pulled for pick up.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thats what I hate about UPS. It would be nice if they gave customers a time slot for delivery.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

I can help explain the trick driving by your house.... I am a fedex driver and drive by the same places many times.. but I have time frames to follow for pickups... this time of year if you are not home the first time... you will be very lucky if the courier comes back...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewild3 View Post
Thats what I hate about UPS. It would be nice if they gave customers a time slot for delivery.
They will if you buy the $40 My UPS upgrade. You can pick the timefrme

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

On the website it says "THIS LOCATION WILL BE OPEN ON SATURDAY 12-15-2012 FOR FULL SERVICE. A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED WHEN SHIPPING OR PICKING UP A PACKAGE AT A UPS CUSTOMER CENTER. PLEASE REFER TO INFONOTICE FOR SAME DAY WILL CALL PACKAGE PICKUP AND INSTRUCTIONS." So I can do same day pick up if I call? I'm confused. On the website if I try to do just the will call it says the next day I could pick it up is Tuesday..
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just call and do it. Don't waste time asking us.
alifaxwa2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ahh gotta love the forums. I have been trying to find a number to the local UPS but all I can find is 1-800 numbers and automated systems which aren't very helpful.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

im not trying to be a prick or anything but, griping about a package today is probably pretty selfish considering what the families of Sandy Hook Elementary lost today.

Your free to do what you want but Im just asking people to hold your gripes about petty things for a day in respect. Small kids lost there lives today and would love to just get to enjoy christmas and open something for fun. As well as there moms and dads being able to watch them do so..........

again, not trying to be mean here. Just sucks!

Last edited by Trueduckfan; 12-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
im not trying to be a prick or anything but, griping about a package today is probably pretty selfish considering what the families of Sandy Hook Elementary lost today.

Your free to do what you want but Im just asking people to hold your gripes about petty things for a day in respect. Small kids lost there lives today and would love to just get to enjoy christmas and open something for fun. As well as there moms and dads being able to watch them do so..........
I understand what you're saying and I'm not directly impacted by this but I have a coworker who has a son who lives in Newton so when I heard the news about it I was worried sick. Thankfully his son is okay. I've had the local news on since noon and I can't change the channel. I'm a die hard celtics fan and they're playing right now but I just keep watching the news. I was just hoping the forums is someplace we can get away.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpatsfan21 View Post
I understand what you're saying and I'm not directly impacted by this but I have a coworker who has a son who lives in Newton so when I heard the news about it I was worried sick. Thankfully his son is okay. I've had the local news on since noon and I can't change the channel. I'm a die hard celtics fan and they're playing right now but I just keep watching the news. I was just hoping the forums is someplace we can get away.
yeah I hear ya bud, I woke up late today due to no work and hear a littlebit about it. Got a call in about needing me at work for a few hours so I took off around noon and began to hear all the details from one radio show to the next and just ruined my day.

But my bad day is meaningless compared to theres. Im watching some news on TV at home now and just shake my head and feel like I need to do something but am pretty helpless here.

I myself just feel kinda guilty moving on and trying to enjoy my day even though its probably the only thing to do.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
So I had an package from UPS coming today that requires a signature. In my neighborhood UPS delivers usually in the afternoon. I knew from tracking the shipment that it would be delivered today. I had to hand in my final at school at 10:30 and with the drive I figure I'd get home by noon and both my parents have typical 9-5 jobs. As I leave my final I check the tracking shipment and it says they tried to deliver at 9:33 but no one was home. So I figure maybe he'll come back in the afternoon like UPS does. Sure enough I see a UPS truck go by my house and it doesn't stop...then it goes by again in the opposite direction. Now I have to wait through the weekend for my package. I understand its the holidays and its busy as far as shipping but none of it makes sense to me.
Honest question, and not trying to be a prick...but how old are you..i mean really?

you think the world revolve around you or something? get a grip man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff152380 View Post
I can help explain the trick driving by your house.... I am a fedex driver and drive by the same places many times.. but I have time frames to follow for pickups... this time of year if you are not home the first time... you will be very lucky if the courier comes back...
Exactly this...

started working with UPS part time for holidays as a delivery driver helper.

They are on a strict schedule. I work with a driver who does both commercial deliveries and later on (after 2m and the bulk of my work/help) residential deliveries.

If they leave an info notice on your door..there is NO WAY you are getting your package that day.

Thats the reason why on the little slip it says " 1st/2n/3rd attempt" and "will try to deliver again" on X day.

Businesses are a catch 22...If they try and deliver before 1pm, and no-one is there...THEN they try to re-deliver later, but only to business -since they usually take lunches anytime before 1; if after 1pm, same as residential...they get an info notice for re-delivery.

There is no possible way for the driver to make "special" trips back later in the day/night for residential deliveries
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #17 (permalink)

The way you asked that question you came across as a prick. Just ask. Don't add more to it.

I don't think the world revolves around me. I just don't get why they usually deliver to my house in the PM and this day they come so early with a package that needs a signature in a residential neighborhood.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
you sure you dont have that attitude?

bolded part....

-UPS usually delivers certain time...today delivered earlier than expected

-get home...see UPS truck delivering in neighborhood...driving up and down street...cue: complain bitch moan why cant i get my package off your truck since im home now...

me me me me me...all bout me...

might not have meant to come off that way, but i think you did

Quote:
The way you asked that question you came across as a prick. Just ask. Don't add more to it.

I don't think the world revolves around me. I just don't get why they usually deliver to my house in the PM and this day they come so early with a package that needs a signature in a residential neighborhood.
did you bother to read my post..at all? you know about specific schedules and what not? Maybe he had other sig required deliveries in the area and wanted to get them all done at once; maybe he had bulkier (more packages to one stop) in your area and wanted to get them off his truck first to clear room....there are many possibilities as to why
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
They will if you buy the $40 My UPS upgrade. You can pick the timefrme
UPS My Choice - Home Delivery on Your Schedule

To the OP. It could have been a different truck that the package was attempted from in the morning than the one that drove by later in the day. If it was the same truck, the drivers will only stop once per day unless 1) it was an international package, 2) it was a NDA and the place was closed on the first attempt or 3)they attempted during lunch hours.
Most UPS center phone numbers are unlisted. A typical center deliveries 10,000 packages a day. If even 10% of those people called straight in to talk to someone, it would be chaos. It sucks, but going through the 1-800-PICK-UPS number is the best way to go.

Also, UPS customer counters are generally not open on Saturdays except for today and next week.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #20 (permalink)

Dont care much for UPS.

There was a card I was waiting for...I think it was a 3 or 400 auto.

Tracking said it was out on truck for delivery.......8pm, never showed up, checked tracking again, something along the lines of "left on truck" was on there.

Next day it was on the truck again and it eventually made it. Asked the guy what happened and supposedly the person that did that route the day before was running late and said "f it" on a few packages because they were too far out of his way to finish the day.