Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Homeland/dexter season finales

All i can say is holy crap on both

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yah
Dexter, not so much.
Homeland was a good one. I did not see that coming.
Dexter had 2 legitimate story options and that was one of them, once The captain....I don't speak it or spell it, was in the container.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I'm with Gibbs. Homeland was incredible as always, but Dexter, considering just how good this season has been, the finale was eh.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well,the crappy part on this Dexter season was BEFOER the season started ,well the ned of last season, you KNEW someone had to find out. I mean, much like house, the drama had taken it's course and the only VIABLE option was to include a friend or family member in on the secret.
Still, now it is in a corner and 1 season is a shoe-in,but 2 more....no, not without getting stupid,redundant and dull.

No, a good writer will know he is at the end of the line and go all out...a bad writer will drag this crap out for 1 season,then his sister going down for him after sleeping with him, as their relationship is now going down the path where she accepts his actions and he sees his perfect love in her, or him going out in flames....a bad writer,will let it be an issue of conflict for Deborah for another season,with acceptance at the end, love unrealized in the season after as dexter kills higher profile people, and he goes down...

Same scenario but 1 season for a great wrter and 2-3 for a bad writer,dragging down the show in the process.

Now
Homeland...well, it is in it's infancy TBH.
As long as terror is a hot topic with Americans,this show can go on forever....think 24 and how retarded and redundant it got, like a bad comic book
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Similar sentiments here. I thought Dexter's finale was just "meh" and Homeland's finale was pretty epic.

I'm real happy about the smooth transition between these two shows and House of Lies/Californication, so I still have something to watch
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Dexter, considering just how good this season has been, the finale was eh.
QFT. Pretty underwhelming IMO.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

I liked how dexter ended, even though predictable, not much else they can do on the show where its not predictable

But yeah, homeland was beyond awesome, next up is californication and house of lies ;D

Also GoT can't start soon enough, either

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Homeland was awesome. I didn't see it coming. I was thinking where can they take this storyline? Then boom. Probably one of my favorite shows. And the guy who plays Gideon and also played on the princess bride is a great actor. I liked the roller coaster the last 3 episodes took with his character.