Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default got a new car

its not BRAND new but its a 2006 chevy aveo. I traded my sunfire in for 2500. I will post pictures sometime tomorrow. Its really nice and I hope to have no MAJOR car problems for a while. The aveo has only 50k in miles on it. Sunfire had 117k. I think I made good on the deal. The aveo costed 6500 and a 4k loan will be needed on it though. Im just happy for once. Its not a benz like everyone else here lol. When im outta college, then maybe lol.
Packer game in 2 hours, what a good day so far
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
its not BRAND new but its a 2006 chevy aveo. I traded my sunfire in for 2500. I will post pictures sometime tomorrow. Its really nice and I hope to have no MAJOR car problems for a while. The aveo has only 50k in miles on it. Sunfire had 117k. I think I made good on the deal. The aveo costed 6500 and a 4k loan will be needed on it though. Im just happy for once. Its not a benz like everyone else here lol. When im outta college, then maybe lol.
Packer game in 2 hours, what a good day so far
Aveos are nice cars............ congrats. i remember when i bought my first semi-new car. it felt great to have something that felt reliable. there should still be a factory warranty with it.....

BTW... please don't ever use the word costed again... you're in college for crying out loud.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post

BTW... please don't ever use the word costed again... you're in college for crying out loud.
I was thinking the same thing, I would also add "offly" to that list.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I didn't realize, It should be "COST" Ever since I got this laptop, I try and type faster but I do make more grammar mistakes. Im not a fast typer and I've mainly been working on increasing it so I don't "HUNT AND PECK." You have any otherr imput on aveo's? How much did you like it and was it problematic?
P.47
Old 10-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't realize, It should be "COST" Ever since I got this laptop, I try and type faster but I do make more grammar mistakes. Im not a fast typer and I've mainly been working on increasing it so I don't "HUNT AND PECK." You have any otherr imput on aveo's? How much did you like it and was it problematic?
i only buy Toyota or Honda....... i've never had an Aveo. if maintenance records didn't come with the car, definitley spend the money to get an oil change, tranmission flush, flush the coolent system and a tune up.... new belts, plugs and wires can make a world of difference. it might cost $500+ but it will be well worth it.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
To assist with the grammar a little more, it should be "input" rather than "imput".

I recommend downloading and using Firefox as it has a built in spell-checker.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
i only buy Toyota or Honda....... i've never had an Aveo. if maintenance records didn't come with the car, definitley spend the money to get an oil change, tranmission flush, flush the coolent system and a tune up.... new belts, plugs and wires can make a world of difference. it might cost $500+ but it will be well worth it.
I prefer to buy American cars....

But then again, most are made in Mexico and Canada...so are there really any "american" cars these days?

Nice snag on the Aveo. Great on gas.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Does this car have a spoiler on it? If not you need to get one ASAP, the bigger the better!
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
SPELL CHECK....TRANSMISSION....COOLANT...lol
Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

For spell check it says to download something. I don't wanna download anything. Thats what I get when i click the checkmark with the abc by it. Did everyone have to do that ispell download?? Thats why I haven't used it.
P.47
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk247 View Post
SPELL CHECK....TRANSMISSION....COOLANT...lol
i guess you were'nt listening to my accent.........

and if this is in reference to my shot at him about using costed.... mine were finger stroke errors.... nobody accidentally adds ed to the end of a word unless they actually thought it belonged there.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
i guess you were'nt listening to my accent.........

and if this is in reference to my shot at him about using costed.... mine were finger stroke errors.... nobody accidentally adds ed to the end of a word unless they actually thought it belonged there.
Actually, I do sometimes add ly/ed to some words if I am thinking ahead. My english teacher always said slow down, like in spelling contest and typing. I don't think he was telling you though. I make stupid mistakes sometimes. In math its worse. I had the correct answer, then I'd change it. IDK why i'd do that. Funny thing is, I'd show work to the problem, do it correctly, then change it. Im one of those people who knew the answer in class, but never raised my hand. I'd tell the person next to me and they'd say,"why didn't you answer it?" I'd honestly say why didn't you say it when I told you? I hated talking in class. Anyone else have them kind of problems?
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for not buying GM, Ford, or Chrysler.... Keep it up...
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Congrats on getting something YOU like.

Aveos don't have much to go wrong with, so you should be good. Should anything go wrong with the car, it should not be a total bending over experience. The Aveo is part of the Daewoo line, so the car has actually been out for a while. Many kinks and issues have been worked out. Unless anything have been negotiated, I would assume the factory warranty is no longer valid. They had not yet extended the standard warranty from 3 year 36k in 2006 to what we have now (5 year 100k).
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Im really happy, here are just a few pics.

P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Congrats on the car. I'm waiting for the 2011 Mustangs to come out and I might get one
bjtheman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
Congrats on the car. I'm waiting for the 2011 Mustangs to come out and I might get one
I could barely afford this. I think a mustang of any year after 05 would not be affordable for me. Im sure urs will look awesome though
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
you're welcome. why should i not by a better quality car if i have the choice?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
I prefer to buy American cars....

But then again, most are made in Mexico and Canada...so are there really any "american" cars these days?

Nice snag on the Aveo. Great on gas.
Aveo = Daewoo

Atleast subcompact korean cars are better made then US cars. Korean cars passed american cars a couple of years ago.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
you know what, my first car was an 86 chevy celebrity and I had nothing but problems. I then had 3 toyota's and a nissan over a 10 year span (leases) and had not one problem. I traded the nissan for an 06 chevy trailblazer a little over 3 years ago and I have been in problem city. I just hit 50k miles (got it with 14k already) and I have replaced 3 tires, the idle pulley, had to have the gas tank level/float fixed, all the interior lights on the radio are out, I have to replace my water pump today, oh yeah and the first week I had the thing, I had to bring it back to chevy 4 times because the alarm/door locking/unlocking system didn't work.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote