Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
How was I NOT prepared? I WAS PREPARED.
Clearly you weren't if your second shirt didn't cover the NYK logo...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Lis, Sorry to hear this happen to you.

There are a lot of wanna be tough guy "get along guys" on these boards that do nothing but come and troll you. Then if you answer back, they will call in their armies to come topple you. If that Haiku thread wasnt a prime example of it being full of trash these fools provided, atelast you see it here.

Half the telephone tough guys that posted here are lemmings. If their employer told them to wear a thong and shove a banana up their bums, not only would they do it but they would probably like it as well. Its pretty clear how gullible that they would let others exploit them and then point the finger at someone else.

Having said that, under the labor code, you have every right to question management on your health and safety. If you dont feel comfortable or you feel that its unsafe work environment, you have every right to stand up for yourself.

If the company decides to turn their operations like a bunch of monkeys, it will eventually effect them. Just like the Walmart ordeal.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-23-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Lis, Sorry to hear this happen to you.

There are a lot of wanna be tough guy "get along guys" on these boards that do nothing but come and troll you. Then if you answer back, they will call in their armies to come topple you. If that Haiku thread wasnt a prime example of it being full of trash these fools provided, atelast you see it here.

Half the telephone tough guys that posted here are lemmings. If their employer told them to wear a thong and shove a banana up their bums, not only would they do it but they would probably like it as well. Its pretty clear how gullible that they would let others exploit them and then point the finger at someone else.

Having said that, under the labor code, you have every right to question management on your health and safety. If you dont feel comfortable or you feel that its unsafe work environment, you have every right to stand up for yourself.

If the company decides to turn their operations like a bunch of monkeys, it will eventually effect them. Just like the Walmart ordeal.

Best of luck to you.
Stop it Jay.

He knew the rules and he didn't want to comply so he quit and wants to point the company as the bad guy.

He talks about favoritism and guess what...welcome to the real world.

He wanted to make a "I took a stand against the man post" and wanted people to side with him.

I bet if he had 2 white shirts on we wouldn't be having this comversation right now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Look at the comments in this thread. "You're not going to get sick in 60F weather?" "Suck it up"..etc.

His post was about standing up to management because he felt that they were being unfair. I dont see him going over the top. He didnt like the circumstances and was free to leave. He did just that. He called into question his health and safety.

My question is more or less on how he can be put down for that? If your workplace forced you do something against your better judgement or something you were not comfortable doing, what would you do? Suck it up, or do what what you have to do? Thats my point.

Instead there is a mob mentality of comments stating everything but the situation. If you wouldn't choose what he chose, thats up to you. No one is arguing that. THe part that bugs me is the peanut gallery taking pot shots at making a mockery of the situation. You have to admit its getting out of hand. It really is bordering a form of online bullying.

He did stand against the man. Whether people side with him or not, the point was he did what he had to do and vented about it. Nothing more. So now we have people crapping down his throat because he did something someone else would not have done?

Im all for choice. Im just frustrated with this gang style mobbing of anyone that doesnt think the same lines as their peers. Maybe peer is not the word.. maybe its the hatred towards those who dont tow the line of social misfit circle.

I know someone personally that stood up to management because they didn't like him for artificial reasons. They forced him out. He took them to court last year won the case for $500k in damages. They found out later that they forced him out for his client list so that the commission could be spread to more "friendly" reps to management. Now management has changed in that agency all because 1 person didnt put up with the garbage and un equality in the workplace. Just another example of either leading and making decisions or falling back and following out of fear.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Look at the comments in this thread. "You're not going to get sick in 60F weather?" "Suck it up"..etc.

His post was about standing up to management because he felt that they were being unfair. I dont see him going over the top. He didnt like the circumstances and was free to leave. He did just that. He called into question his health and safety.

My question is more or less on how he can be put down for that? If your workplace forced you do something against your better judgement or something you were not comfortable doing, what would you do? Suck it up, or do what what you have to do? Thats my point.

Instead there is a mob mentality of comments stating everything but the situation. If you wouldn't choose what he chose, thats up to you. No one is arguing that. THe part that bugs me is the peanut gallery taking pot shots at making a mockery of the situation. You have to admit its getting out of hand. It really is bordering a form of online bullying.

He did stand against the man. Whether people side with him or not, the point was he did what he had to do and vented about it. Nothing more. So now we have people crapping down his throat because he did something someone else would not have done?

Im all for choice. Im just frustrated with this gang style mobbing of anyone that doesnt think the same lines as their peers. Maybe peer is not the word.. maybe its the hatred towards those who dont tow the line of social misfit circle.

I know someone personally that stood up to management because they didn't like him for artificial reasons. They forced him out. He took them to court last year won the case for $500k in damages. They found out later that they forced him out for his client list so that the commission could be spread to more "friendly" reps to management. Now management has changed in that agency all because 1 person didnt put up with the garbage and un equality in the workplace. Just another example of either leading and making decisions or falling back and following out of fear.
So if people disagree with him it's a mob mentality?

Read the post again? Do people NOT get sick when it's 90 degrees out?

Does he not know the policy and rules?

It's as much on him as it is on them.

Now if was stealing for overcharging to Canada,,,,

Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
So if people disagree with him it's a mob mentality?

Read the post again? Do people NOT get sick when it's 90 degrees out?

Does he not know the policy and rules?

It's as much on him as it is on them.

Now if was stealing for overcharging to Canada,,,,
Its not the disagreeing part. Its the stupid pot shots thats killing this thread and just about every other thread on the boards.

If I post I hate chocolate chip cookies, I can almost assure you the following things will happen;
-Ill be put down for being canadian
-crapped on because you happen to like cookies
-Imac and Haiku will make their way in

Then for about 3 days ill be followed to every post and made fun of.

As for the overcharging to for shipping? LOL that has stopped ever since these sellers started getting dinged on feedback and DSR. Now whos crying?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

probably should have tried to do a thermal or plain white undershirt.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's the company. Not him

Old 12-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not the disagreeing part. Its the stupid pot shots thats killing this thread and just about every other thread on the boards.

If I post I hate chocolate chip cookies, I can almost assure you the following things will happen;
-Ill be put down for being canadian
-crapped on because you happen to like cookies
-Imac and Haiku will make their way in

Then for about 3 days ill be followed to every post and made fun of.

As for the overcharging to for shipping? LOL that has stopped ever since these sellers started getting dinged on feedback and DSR. Now whos crying?
I just stopped shipping to the North
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #35 (permalink)

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And remember, there's two sides to every story. I'd love to hear the other side.
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
I just stopped shipping to the North
I stopped shipping to Canada as well!!

I only ship to Nigeria, Romania, China and the middle east!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quit talking about Haiku. He's my dad.

How old is the op? You should have worn 2 white tees or a white long sleeve tee.
ucfkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

I LOL'd at 60 and freezing

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I LOL'd at 60 and freezing
I remember during the heatwave in Europe and US when the temps were crazy high and people were getting heat stroke and dieing. Everyone in hot countries were laughing at them as well!!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

There's one big difference. 60 is not cold, and even if its cold to you, cold doesnt get you sick.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
There's one big difference. 60 is not cold, and even if its cold to you, cold doesnt get you sick.
I said the same thing when I took a vacation to India. It was 23C outside and everyone had their sweaters on while I was running around in shorts!!

Really depends what you are or arent used to!!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
I would normally invest in my job if I knew it was gonna have a promising future. This is the last regular season game of the Dolphins at home for the 2012 NFL season. The rest of the games (Orange Bowl and NCAA Championship) will be the final Football games in the stadium. After that, there will be a few circus shows but nothing at all that will make it worth while to work for Elite. Today can be considered the final work day till next season. That in itself is another reason why I find it ridiculous that I was singled out. Way to be a prick on the 'last' day of work to a hard working employee.

Jay thanks for clarifying things to people here. You expressed what many have been thinking.

As for 'oh why didn't you just wear 2 white shirts'?
They were all dirty, so what? Ive seen people with white shirts (nike swoosh logos on the fronts and backs) not get in trouble. I can guarantee that if I was of a different race wearing a heat shirt this wouldn't have happened. Considering the temperature at the time and the fact that it was barely noticeable through the shirt makes it ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfkid View Post
Quit talking about Haiku. He's my dad.

How old is the op? You should have worn 2 white tees or a white long sleeve tee.
Not allowed as per regulations. They wouldve made me take it off.

Last edited by XARZY; 12-23-2012 at 04:01 PM.
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #43 (permalink)

60 is freezing??

For your own benefit never set one toe in the north east during winter...you might die.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #44 (permalink)

a/c doesnt even get turned off at 60 in my house
Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allabtsprt View Post
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And remember, there's two sides to every story. I'd love to hear the other side.
what other side? yea

'your not allowed in with a knicks tshirt under your white t shirt. '
'I dont care if its cold'
'I dont care if you can't get a jacket, you cant wear the shirt inside'

Yea theres alot to hear from the other side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
60 is freezing??

For your own benefit never set one toe in the north east during winter...you might die.
when you arent allowed a sweater or jacket, 59 is freezing. Thats what it was when they were asking me to change my shirt. Im from NY and HATE cold weather.

Last edited by XARZY; 12-23-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #46 (permalink)

Overreact much? They asked him to change a flipping t-shirt because it had a logo that did not belong to the company that was PAYING him for his services. Evil company!!!

Quote:

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
when you arent allowed a sweater or jacket, 59 is freezing. Thats what it was when they were asking me to change my shirt. Im from NY and HATE cold weather.
Dude...if it was 60 I would be opening my swimming pool...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Overreact much? They asked him to change a flipping t-shirt because it had a logo that did not belong to the company that was PAYING him for his services. Evil company!!!
PAYING ME FOR WHAT??? I wasn't clocked in OR on the Job Yet! When You CLOCK IN you get a WORK SHIRT TO PUT ON OVER WHATEVER YOU ARE WEARING! My knicks shirt that under my whiteshirt wouldnt be visible AT ALL once I was clocked in Wearing their uniform!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
He stated that others were allowed to wear shirts with logos like Nike swooshes. So why single him out for logos when others aren't? A double standard that you are willing over look?

If I asked you to change your attitude because I dont like it, would you? Or would you over react ? Im not asking for a lot, just change it because I dont like it!!

No one challenges what I wear under my "work attire" when im at work. Are you suggesting that if your employer told you that you are no longer allowed to wear underwear to work and that you must sport a girdle because thats what management say, would you do it? or be like the OP and make a choice?
Old 12-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #50 (permalink)

Well seeing OP already alluded to race in an earlier post I am done.

Too much of a victim for me