Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hardcore Pawn...Chicago? Another one??

Interview: Hardcore Pawn: Chicago stars Randy and Wayne Cohen - Chicago Tribune

How many do they need?

I used to like Hardcore Pawn, Pawn Stars, Cajun Pawn Stars, but I can't stand any of them now. All staged reality stuff now...

-------

"Hardcore Pawn: Chicago" — which premieres Tuesday on TruTV and is a spinoff of the Detroit-based "Hardcore Pawn" — is executive produced by former "The Wonder Years" actor Jason Hervey and former World Championship Wrestling president Eric Bischoff. The show joins a growing genre that has included TLC's short-lived "Pawn Queens," set in Naperville Jewelry and Loan, and History's Las Vegas-based "Pawn Stars," the most popular series about pawning.

Last edited by ajscards101; 01-01-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: When there is a typo I get very annoyed by it
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah...only one I can stand is pawn stars since the stuff is interesting, and it's less about the drama than the others.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
"Hardcore Pawn: Chicago" — which premieres Tuesday on TruTV and is a spinoff of the Detroit-based "Hardcore Pawn" — is executive produced by former "The Wonder Years" actor Jason Hervey and former World Championship Wrestling president Eric Bischoff. The show joins a growing genre that has included TLC's short-lived "Pawn Queens," set in Naperville Jewelry and Loan, and History's Las Vegas-based "Pawn Stars," the most popular series about pawning.
just by this statement you can tell its gonna be completely batshit crazy... and not in a good way
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

They got Bischoff? What, did Vince Russo cancel on them?

What an absolute failure that's going to be.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

posted about this in the Storage Wars spinoff thread...

i watched it, only because i watch the shows on Tru TV for the entertainment (ie customers on HP and LL).

I know most of the stuff is fake/staged and drama made for ratings...

like mid season on HP when the employee of 26 years got "fired" because eh was the next employee to "screw up". And tonights episode, where Les was going to fire him again for being careless

as far as Chicago...it looks bad.

The store looks about 1/10th the size of Detroit, with no computer systems, and so much more put on drama.

I guess at least the daughter is 10x better looking than Ashley..lol

Also..has anybody seen the other spinoff? Combat pawn..about the gun pawnshop? its almost just as bad.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
They got Bischoff? What, did Vince Russo cancel on them?

What an absolute failure that's going to be.
umm..im assuming you only follow WWE...

Jason Hervey is the "mystery/never shown" backstage camera guy that gets all the wrestlers interviews for TNA.

Thats the connection to Bischoff...Bischoff brought him in to TNA for "hollywood" contacts and future media enterprises.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
posted about this in the Storage Wars spinoff thread...

i watched it, only because i watch the shows on Tru TV for the entertainment (ie customers on HP and LL).

I know most of the stuff is fake/staged and drama made for ratings...

like mid season on HP when the employee of 26 years got "fired" because eh was the next employee to "screw up". And tonights episode, where Les was going to fire him again for being careless

as far as Chicago...it looks bad.

The store looks about 1/10th the size of Detroit, with no computer systems, and so much more put on drama.

I guess at least the daughter is 10x better looking than Ashley..lol

Also..has anybody seen the other spinoff? Combat pawn..about the gun pawnshop? its almost just as bad.
I watched the first episode of the Chicago one yesterday, I am shocked they have been in business as long as they have without a computer inventory system.

I've never seen Combat Pawn. I did look it up though and couldn't find much on it. Does it still air?
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote