Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying a new computer.

I am going to purchase a new 27" iMac in a couple of months. I am waiting till i get my tax return money back from my work and using my student loan i get this semester. So it should be in about 2 months.

I am wondering where the best place to purchase this would be? I get student discounts and such so that will definitely help me out. I am just trying to figure out if anyone has a preference on best place (bigger student discounts, extended warranty)

Also selling drawings, send me a pm for any questions

Last edited by Braveskid1025; 01-02-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Braveskid1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveskid1025 View Post
I am going to purchase a new 27" iMac in a couple of months. I am waiting till i get my tax return money back from my work and using my rudest loan i get this semester. So it should be in about 2 months.

I am wondering where the best place to purchase this would be? I get student discounts and such so that will definitely help me out. I am just trying to figure out if anyone has a preference on bet place (turns and such, bigger student discounts, extended warranty)
yes!!! imac ftw!!!
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Id buy the iMac from the apple store using the student discount.

The only other places that I can think of that has discounts is stacking Stapes coupons and buying an apple through them if they still carry iMacs.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
yes!!! imac ftw!!!
Any computer whose primary descriptive attribute is screen size is not "ftw."
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Any computer whose primary descriptive attribute is screen size is not "ftw."
What on earth?

Okay so you choose to ignore the other stats like Core i7?

You know what never mind. Arguing with Mac haters is really REALLY tiring.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Id buy the iMac from the apple store using the student discount.

The only other places that I can think of that has discounts is stacking Stapes coupons and buying an apple through them if they still carry iMacs.
I know best buy does it also just wasnt sure of any of the other or good discounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
What on earth?

haha exactly. Mac all the way here

Old 01-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
What on earth?

I don't hate Mac, I just think they're a waste of money
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I don't hate Mac, I just think they're a waste of money
Yes, we know your opinion. It's a pity you feel the need to spout the same tired nonsense to everyone, especially people who HAVE ALREADY DECIDED TO BUY A MAC.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, we know your opinion. It's a pity you feel the need to spout the same tired nonsense to everyone, especially people who HAVE ALREADY DECIDED TO BUY A MAC.
Haha, exactly

Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
C'mon Nicnac Patty Whack, throw the dog a bone. You know as well as I do that they're overpriced and overrated. The only purpose of this thread was for the OP to announce his intention of overpaying for a computer. His constant Apple this and Apple that threads is merely to show off.

I mean, what other Apple fanboy is going to ask where to buy an Apple computer? Let's see, there's Apple.com that he can access from his Apple iPad, or he can get lost looking up directions to the nearest Apple Store using Apple Maps.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
C'mon Nicnac Patty Whack, throw the dog a bone. You know as well as I do that they're overpriced and overrated. The only purpose of this thread was for the OP to announce his intention of overpaying for a computer. His constant Apple this and Apple that threads is merely to show off.

I mean, what other Apple fanboy is going to ask where to buy an Apple computer? Let's see, there's Apple.com that he can access from his Apple iPad, or he can get lost looking up directions to the nearest Apple Store using Apple Maps.

Thanks, but not at all.
I have no apple store near me and was asking because i dont feel like waiting 1-2 weeks for it because of shipping.

So i am wanting to be able to walk into a store and purchase it and leave ith it right than.
I was asking if there were any other major stores other than best buy

Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

An apple is overpriced just as much as any PC is over priced. There is no such thing as over paying for happiness.

I rather pay 2k for a computer that makes my experience enjoyable than wasting $1k on a computer that leaves me wondering what could have been!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
An apple is overpriced just as much as any PC is over priced. There is no such thing as over paying for happiness.

I rather pay 2k for a computer that makes my experience enjoyable than wasting $1k on a computer that leaves me wondering what could have been!!
I built a PC three years ago for $600 that's still firing on all cylinders, all 3ghz and 1.2 terabytes of HDD space.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

$1000-$2000?? For a computer?? Seems alot to me. Only $650 for my Dell, been going strong for 3 years even has a nice 24" wide screen. To each their own though. We do have Iphones and an Ipad and love them as well.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
$1000-$2000?? For a computer?? Seems alot to me. Only $650 for my Dell, been going strong for 3 years even has a nice 24" wide screen. To each their own though. We do have Iphones and an Ipad and love them as well.
Have had a Mac before and was the best thing for me. Have had 2 dells an hp and a to shiva and all crashed within a year or two. S will now spend the extra money for a computer that will last around 10 years. And I also have an iphone and an ipad, which will go well with the mac

Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm going to be buying an IPAD 2 to replace my laptop. This thread gave me some Ideas. Thanks so much! I'm probably getting a slightly larger tax return cause I think I qualify for EIC this year. Only made a little under $10k a year & took the ebay vacation in September & October. So that should be a helpful thing for me.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I built a PC three years ago for $600 that's still firing on all cylinders, all 3ghz and 1.2 terabytes of HDD space.
I bet you could have bought a used computer with less specs for $200?? Therefore the one you have is over priced at $600? No?

My point is, I bought my wife a PC Laptop and spent like $800. Today she doesnt even use it. She uses my MBP. What good is spending $500, $700, $1k if you arent going to use it because you like something else? Why not just spend $1300 getting what you actually want?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-03-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
I'm going to be buying an IPAD 2 to replace my laptop. This thread gave me some Ideas. Thanks so much! I'm probably getting a slightly larger tax return cause I think I qualify for EIC this year. Only made a little under $10k a year & took the ebay vacation in September & October. So that should be a helpful thing for me.
WAIT. You have children?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
What on earth?

Quote:
I am going to purchase a new 27" iMac in a couple of months.
Where is Core i7 mentioned there? If it's not there, I can't ignore it.

I'm not a Mac hater. I just think a statement like, "yes!!! imac ftw!!!" is pretty standard of those who classify the product offerings by screen size. Especially when read in response to the OP query.
Quote:
Quote:
I am wondering where the best place to purchase this would be? I get student discounts and such so that will definitely help me out. I am just trying to figure out if anyone has a preference on best place (bigger student discounts, extended warranty)
yes!!! imac ftw!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
I'm not a Mac hater. I just think a statement like, "yes!!! imac ftw!!!" is pretty standard of those who classify the product offerings by screen size. Especially when read in response to the OP query.
You need to take into account on who made that post!! lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I bet you could have bought a used computer with less specs for $200?? Therefore the one you have is over priced at $600? No?

My point is, I bought my wife a PC Laptop and spent like $800. Today she doesnt even use it. She uses my MBP. What good is spending $500, $700, $1k if you arent going to use it because you like something else? Why not just spend $1300 getting what you actually want?
Nope. 1.2TB worked out for the amount of digital media I own. Plus, I planned on using it as a Home Theater PC, but I gave up on using it as that.

I am not questioning your purchase J, it just doesn't make financial sense to me, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
WAIT. You have children?
EITC is available to people with or without children. If you are without children, you're above a certain age, and make below a certain amount, you qualify for EITC. You might be thinking of the Child Tax Credit.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope. 1.2TB worked out for the amount of digital media I own. Plus, I planned on using it as a Home Theater PC, but I gave up on using it as that.

I am not questioning your purchase J, it just doesn't make financial sense to me, personally.

EITC is available to people with or without children. If you are without children, you're above a certain age, and make below a certain amount, you qualify for EITC. You might be thinking of the Child Tax Credit.
I am going with an iMac for many reasons- my laptops I have owned from when my parents bought hem for me through school have sucked. I had a Mac and plan on purchasing another one since I liked it so much. I am not a fan of the other computers as I've had multiple crash-same with my parents crashing.

I have my own money and I have to purchase it with my own money so I am therefore using my student loan money and my tax return money from work to purchase it. It will be good to have and I have wanted one of these for years but I didn't have enough from work to purchase it before. I am using it for my online courses for college, and will also be learning to do more photoshop work and such on it. This will also be used to run wrestling tournaments on the weekend (which my dad makes a lot of money for doing them).