Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default Rainbow Bridge

Most of you know there's a few threads on here with my dogs in them (pretty much search for kibble and you'll find a great history on my dogs)

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I announce that after spending 12 of the best years of my young life with my best friend, hunting buddy, and ambassador for Purina Pro Plan, Rally to Rescue and Michigan Weimaraner Rescue, Bailey my blue, has crossed over to the rainbow bridge.

Bailey may your great enthusiasm and never ending desire to enjoy life and the outdoors keep you busy until we meet again. You for sure will be a handful for God, but I'll do my best to remind him that Deer hind quarters should be your daily dinner followed by a goose foot for dessert after you've spend your day chasing squirrels, retrieving shooting clays, or anything feathered as long as its not a woodcock. But if you'd like to soak up some sun and work on your tan I'm sure someone will scratch your ears and give you a belly rub too. God speed girl you will be missed!

This is killing me inside. Those that know me - this was our first Pet (sorry Storm, but you dont count - our cat that came about 2 weeks ealier). She's my world. I spent a lot of time doing stuff for the Weimaraner Rescue and this is all because of her. I'll continue to do it as well, but going to be hard to fill these paws. Two of my favorite non hunting photos - two very special ones that I'll cherish - this wasnt your average dog!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sad...Very sorry to hear that Fish.

I know how devastating losing a loved family pet can be.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im so sorry Robert.
Brad68to96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Oh man....so, so sorry for you. Losing a pet is just awful. Try to remember the good times whenever you're feeling down.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's funny, when I got my first dog that's all I thought of it as, an animal. But by the time he was on his way out, I was as (or more) devastated than when a family member died. They're more than just animals, they become a part of the family.

Losing your first great animal is just impossible to get over. No matter how much time goes by, or how many new pets you get, the memories of the first one still linger in you're head.

I'm sorry for your loss man. I haven't had a dog since my last one died (12 years ago), and it took me seven years before I could get another pet (two cats).
Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Robert, I am very sorry to hear this news for the loss to your family. One thing is for certain, you gave Bailey an incredible life that the average dog could only dream of.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nothing really to say other than im sry for your loss. You can do 2 things from here
1. take time and remember your favorite dog
or
2. go to your local animal shelter and find a puppy that doesnt have a chance and give it a great home and from the sounds of it you have a great home for a pet

i dont know you to well personally but we have had several messages back and forth if i can do anything let me know
Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Sorry to hear Robert.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

sorry to hear that!
coyne81486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

I'm so sorry
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Dang Robert........I'm so sorry to hear this. I have lost 3 dogs myself over the years and know that it can be painful. As others have said, always remember the good times and all the funny moments.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

So sorry to hear fish

Is that really your dog on the proplan bag? I have a bag downstairs as that's what I feed my dog
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Nope..when I took this photo Purina told me my dog wasnt qualified (think literally she didnt have an agent )
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

So sorry for your loss. I just lost my best friend, Koda, last summer. It's still hard, probably always will. Take comfort in the knowledge that you two will see each other again, she'll be there waiting for you. Remember the good times and the love, that's how she'd want it.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

I am sorry to hear about your beloved Bailey. I hope you can find comfort in your cherish memories of her and your times together.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Sorry to hear this...it's one of the hardest things ever.
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry to hear that, I can't even begin to imagine the day my 12 year old Sixx moves along.

All I can say, if she was sick or in pain try to find comfort that she is at peace now.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Having 3 dogs and 2 cats, I knew the moment I saw "Rainbow Bridge" exactly what this thread was going to be about. I am so sorry for your loss in the family. Anyone who doesn't think pets can become a true member of the family doesn't understand how great of a companion they really are or get to experience the kind of loyalty a dog has with you. They can teach us selfish humans an awful lot. At least you can be comforted in knowing that Bailey is now happy across the Rainbow Bridge.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

One of my dogs crossed Rainbow Bridge last month, 12 years old also. He and I were outdoor soulmates, we could disappear into the mountains for hours at a time. It leaves a huge hole in your heart and life but I think that is a good thing because it makes you realize how special they were.
wmposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Robert, very sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like she had a great life. Please stayed involved in the Rescue effort for yourself and Bailey's memory.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

It's so tough losing a best friend! Sorry bud!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Like all the others have said, Robert, I am truly sorry for your loss. It pains me when people treat pets like animals and not members of the family, cause I know in my heart that beloved creature will never meet their true potential.

I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling, brother, but I do know that she is looking down on every single one of your hunts, ever proud of her "owner."
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

Oh man, I'm so sorry. Having to say goodbye is one of the toughest things to do in life with your dog. I remember all your old threads and it really saddens me, so I can't imagine how you feel right now. I've had to put down one dog and now have a new one that's always by my side even as I speak, he's sitting on my feet. I wish you the best.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Im sorry. Our past 4 dogs have been adopted (one from a neighbor, 3 other from rescues/fosters). We had to put the oldest one down over a year ago. It sucks. Hopefully you'll be able to find a new companion and give a new doggie a chance at a great life.