Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So who sends cards to COMC?

Been talking with a long time friend of mine who I've been selling cards with for years. Anyways we have about 25- 5,000 count boxes and about 10+ 3,200 count boxes that are just filled with inserts and some have base. My question is, is it really worth sending stuff into COMC? When I last read about it it seemed like cards were like .25 to get processed or something like that? It just seems weird to me why people send in inserts there when it costs a lot? Maybe I don't get it or something but I was wondering from the people that do send cards in, how do you do it and is it worth it?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

do you have any pat whites in any of those boxes(not base) like numbered inserts and alot of people send them their as a TON of set builders buy those type of cards on their. ive never personally sent any in as im not a dealer but its an outlet to get rid of cards for no fees if you spend your money on the site buying more cards a great way to get PC cards with your extra cards
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
do you have any pat whites in any of those boxes(not base) like numbered inserts and alot of people send them their as a TON of set builders buy those type of cards on their. ive never personally sent any in as im not a dealer but its an outlet to get rid of cards for no fees if you spend your money on the site buying more cards a great way to get PC cards with your extra cards
I'm sure there is 5-10 whites laying in there. I just don't have the energy to sit and flip through boxes all day to find them lol.

You say no fees... but I went on there and it said "50 cents for a card in a week", does that mean it costs me .50 cents per card to get processed and listed in a one week period? This is what causes me to think not sending in is a good idea. I'd be sending it cards that will sell for 25 cents to a dollar. If the listing fee is .50 cents it doesn't seem smart to send stuff in, am I right? Seems like I am missing something because obviously a bunch of people do this.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Problem is on comc you can't list a card /5 as 1/1.........
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Problem is on comc you can't list a card /5 as 1/1.........
Darn
Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've sent over 4000 cards since August, one month service is .25 a card, and only other fees are if you cash out (Turn store credit into cash) which is a 20% fee.

Sounds like a lot, but for 1-10 dollar cards, it actually turns out to be less than eBay fees. Sold about 1100 cards for 2,300 dollars so far since August, with about 900 cards pending/processing right now.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've sold around 2,000 cards since August on there. My average card sells for around .90-.95. The stuff I am selling on there I wouldn't be able to sell on eBay and I generally get more for the card there than if I sell it any other way.

If you just want to sell the cards without waiting/paying to list - sell them in lots on eBay.