Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Should I file an eBay Claim yet?

So I won an item on Dec 09, 2012 21:41:56 PST and I paid immediately.

Economy Shipping : US $4.00
USPS Parcel Post®
Estimated delivery: December 14 - December 21

Time goes by and no word on shipping or anything. I contacted the seller on Dec-21-12 02:00:14 PST. Approx. 1 hr later he replies with:

"went to post office today to check sorry... will be there in 4 business days.. tracking number is CX 462 743 344 CA"

I checked the tracking number and turns out it was accepted that day. It took him that long just to ship it but I didnt stress too much.

I contacted him a few days ago since I noticed on canada post tracking it said:
"2012/12/31 05:19 33813,USA Item redirected to recipient's new address "

No reply. Checked today via usps website and it says:
"Missent December 31, 2012, 5:19 am"

I sent the seller a new message stating this and I am not sure if I receive a reply. Regardless, I only have till the 22nd to open a case. Its already been 10 days since it was labeled as missent and who knows where it was redirected since the location it was listed at is only less than 2 hours away.

Do I open a case regardless of the seller replying or not? I dont want to keep waiting for it and lose out on a chance to dispute it. Who knows if he labeled it wrong but Im still going to ding him hard on shipping. $4 to wait 12 or so days just to ship it? Come on.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes I would open a claim now
Birdmandig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you want the card or your money back?

Wait a week if you want the card but make sure you file within 45 days.

Open a case if you are ready to part ways.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

It won't hurt to file a claim. You don't have to escalate it right away. Just make sure you don't go over 45 day. If it does arrive then you can close the case.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have been talking with the seller and he himself hasnt seen this before and is going to call the post office. Im not sure if that will help but if it looks I wont get it soon I will ask for a refund/open case. With the 45 day limit all I have to make sure is that I OPEN the case by then? It doesn't need to be resolved by then correct?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassking511 View Post
I have been talking with the seller and he himself hasnt seen this before and is going to call the post office. Im not sure if that will help but if it looks I wont get it soon I will ask for a refund/open case. With the 45 day limit all I have to make sure is that I OPEN the case by then? It doesn't need to be resolved by then correct?
Correct. You could open it on day 44 just to cover your rear, and then close when the card arrives or the seller willingly refunds. Or you could escalate it later if the seller decides he doesn't want to work with you.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Long story short, I got the card today and It was not damaged or anything. I luckily did not have to open a claim. Im glad because I got a good price on the card, not a steal but cheaper than some.
I didnt give the seller a neutral but I did ding him on shipping time and wrote that in the comment however since he was concerned and easy to communicate with I gave him a positive. Thats his mulligan.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm gonna piggy back off this thread because I've got a somewhat similar case happening right now.

I paid $80 for a card on 2/17/14. To date there still have been no shipping updates. I don't just mean the tracking info hasn't been updated. I mean it's still not even marked as shipped. I messaged the seller 2 days ago just asking if the card had been shipped yet. No response. Today, 10 days since I paid, I opened a case through ebay just requesting shipping information. I still want the card 100%. In the case details it says the seller has until March 4th to respond. My question is why in the world does it allow 7 days for the seller to respond? Am I the only one that thinks that's way too long?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

7 days is a bit long..should be more around 3. Being that it does allow the seller to respond in 7 days, you probably should've opened the case up a little sooner.

I hate having to open up cases being that they take so long. It shouldn't be that hard to ship something in a timely manner under normal circumstances
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
7 days is a bit long..should be more around 3. Being that it does allow the seller to respond in 7 days, you probably should've opened the case up a little sooner.

I hate having to open up cases being that they take so long. It shouldn't be that hard to ship something in a timely manner under normal circumstances
It's not even really the fact that it has been 10 days since I paid and I don't have the card yet. My main issue is that the seller hasn't responded to either of my messages simply asking if the card has been shipped. If it was a $5 card it would still be annoying but I wouldn't be TOO worried about it, but this was an $80 card and I've only seen 2 others like it pop up on ebay.