Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #51 (permalink)

Be careful with your speed and use commas cautiously.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #52 (permalink)

Houston Traffic does not allow for speeding
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Oh you're right. Guess you've never lost a family member to someone who was "in a hurry" to get home. Well I have. Not exactly a laughing matter if you ask me. And go figure, the jerk who was in a hurry walked away without a scratch while my cousin was being put into a body bag. Funny, right?
Sorry about your loss. I think you're totally right, BTW.

Speeding on the interstate is one thing (still I don't recommend doing it excessively). Speeding on secondary roads is another--particularly when it's a 35 MPH zone which typically has commercial and residential areas (i.e., people turning into and out of traffic at low speeds). We all speed a little. Going 17 MPH over the posted limit is not "a little".

If you can get our of your ticket/fine/whatever, then okay. But take responsibility for your actions. It sounds like OP realized he screwed up. I don't think he fully gets it, though. Hopefully, your post will help with that.

Driving safe is not about "not getting caught". It's about being a responsible person on the road. Other people are at risk when you are driving like an idiot.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh you're right. Guess you've never lost a family member to someone who was "in a hurry" to get home. Well I have. Not exactly a laughing matter if you ask me. And go figure, the jerk who was in a hurry walked away without a scratch while my cousin was being put into a body bag. Funny, right?
I know this is a sensitive issue because I know a lot of ppl who have been affected by loved ones dying in unfair circumstances. A drunk driver killed someone close to my family and just drove off when I was in high school. So I understand your angery. But the kid seems to be sorry for what he did. He didn't come on the board and say it was unfair he got a ticket and the cops are pigs and blah blah blah. At 17 I did some really stupid things as well, as I bet most of us did. And clearly you carry a lot of angery with you about the situation involving your cousin, and rightly so. But if you would have just told your story about your cousin and help him see that speeding like this is a serious issue, then you would have left a deeper impression on him then just telling him he is wrong. Trust me, if you learn to clear the angery and let ppl know why you see this as a serious issue, you will be able to take the tragedy of losing your cousin and turn it into a powerful lession for someone like theautographkid.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh that makes it TOTALLY okay then. In case you didn't know. Most accidents happen when you are only a couple miles away from home. Speeding is one of the reasons.
I'm sorry for your loss. But I'm not getting into an argument about this. I stand by my driving record and previous statement: distracted driving causes accidents.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
I would contest the ticket and then show up for the court date. They give you an option to plead guilty so you don't actually have to go through with the trial.

It is possible if you contest it, it will become lost in the system. Not likely but it happened to me.

That being said if you were speeding just views it as a $200 fee you paid that allowed you unlimited speeding until you got caught.
If you contest it and they set a court date, the DA will usually release you of any demerit pts and make you pay the fines. They just want the money!!

Texting and driving and being on the phone and driving is now ilegal here. You will get pulled over and ticketed for it.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #57 (permalink)

KingMob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post

As for going to court for a speeding ticket call an attorney. I'm 19 and have really bad insurance bc I've dealt with similar issues. Call an attorney b.c this will drive your insurance up like crazy. He/she will have the best knowledge on how to deal with this issue. Unfortunately there will be a price to pay of around 400 including the ticket, but odds are that you will protect your insurance rates. If you don't have that be ready to pay 400+ over the course of your lifetime.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Look, I lost a friend who I grew up with my entire life to an auto accident. It is horrible having to have seen his parents bury their own 16 year old child. Worst thing, I have ever had to deal with. And yes, he was in a hurry to get home.

I NEVER text and drive, and just keep my phone in my pocket, and have/never plan on driving drunk. That is something I never want to do. I get a lot of texts a day, (about 200), and I tell my friends, that they have to wait because I'm driving to this place. My life is more important, than a text message
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote