Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   PANINI committing THEFT (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/430806-panini-committing-theft.html)

TSJCT 01-12-2013 05:56 PM

PANINI committing THEFT

I just got 4 Redemptions in from 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball.
John Henderson
(2) Andre Drumond
Royce White
NONE of the cards are autographed but the back of the card says "The autograph on the card is guaranteed by Panini America, Inc.

HOW IS THIS NOT THEFT. To guarantee x amount of auto's per box and give redemptions and then send cards that are not autographed. Something needs to happen and i maybe the one to start the ball rolling. I have over 400 redemptions open right now and i think i will just let a lawyer take a look this stuff over.

Orangejello727 01-12-2013 06:02 PM

The redemptions for those rookies were suppose to be Non Autos. It seems like they kept the card with the writing on the back as auto'd None of the redemptions of those rookies come auto'd. What you have is an uncorrected error.

Let me know what your Lawyer says about it. They redemptions were never for Auto'd Xrc. So im wondering why you expect an auto?

[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/430004-wtf-mailday-panini-redemptions.html[/url]

briscogun 01-12-2013 06:03 PM

First of all, you posted basketball in the football forum. It's cool...

Panini creates the card with the anticipation that the player will sign (stickers) and return them to them. They can't control the players willingness to oblige. Panini made a decision to send the cards out "as is". If you are unhappy, you can contact customer service and request a replacement, but since your redemption has now been honored, you may be out of luck.

Good luck.

Trueduckfan 01-12-2013 06:05 PM

Im sick of Panini redemptions for one, epeacially for type of cards/players your waiting on, not like there all HOF's were waiting on for one.

My question is; why the heck is a non-auto a redemption? But just to play devils advicate here; the "garantee" from Panini on the auto is exactly that "garanteeing the auto is legit" and NOT GARANTEEIING AN AUTO. Sorry bud, in a court of law that would not garantee you anything other than the auto if it were on the card.

Orangejello727 01-12-2013 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=Trueduckfan;4011345]Im sick of Panini redemptions for one, epeacially for type of cards/players your waiting on, not like there all HOF's were waiting on for one.

My question is: why the heck is a non-auto a redemption?[/QUOTE]

Because of the lock out, they did a redemption program for XRC. Been done many times in all sports.

In 2002 they did a redemption for 2003 rcs of Lebron. Why the heck did they do that? They werent numbered or auto'd!

oldgoldy97 01-12-2013 06:25 PM

11-12 rookie redemptions were to be auto'd, 12-13 were not. And how would it be theft? Did they steal something? It anything, it would be false advertising.

Get KMD on the case. He's and ambulance chaser. Or is he called something else now???

WilsonValdez 01-12-2013 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=TSJCT;4011295]I just got 4 Redemptions in from 2011-12 Past & Present Basketball.
John Henderson
(2) Andre Drumond
Royce White
NONE of the cards are autographed but the back of the card says "The autograph on the card is guaranteed by Panini America, Inc.

HOW IS THIS NOT THEFT. To guarantee x amount of auto's per box and give redemptions and then send cards that are not autographed. Something needs to happen and i maybe the one to start the ball rolling. I have over 400 redemptions open right now and i think i will just let a lawyer take a look this stuff over.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Coby, they were never supposed to be auto'ed, like said before. However it's extremely lazy/irresponsible to have the "guaranteed auto" blurb on the non-auto rc's.

[QUOTE=oldgoldy97;4011545]11-12 rookie redemptions were to be auto'd, 12-13 were not. And how would it be theft? Did they steal something? It anything, it would be false advertising.

[B]Get KMD on the case. He's and ambulance chaser. Or is he called something else now???[/B][/QUOTE]

Who? I don't really remember anyone like that.

TSJCT 01-12-2013 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=oldgoldy97;4011545]11-12 rookie redemptions were to be auto'd, 12-13 were not. And how would it be theft? Did they steal something? It anything, it would be false advertising.

Get KMD on the case. He's and ambulance chaser. Or is he called something else now???[/QUOTE]

I feel its theft as the boxes called for x amount of autos per box and these were put in that place?? It would be like me selling you a card advertised as an auto and just sending a base card of that player to you. KMD is on the case now.

TSJCT 01-12-2013 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=Trueduckfan;4011345]Im sick of Panini redemptions for one, epeacially for type of cards/players your waiting on, not like there all HOF's were waiting on for one.

My question is; why the heck is a non-auto a redemption? But just to play devils advicate here; the "garantee" from Panini on the auto is exactly that "garanteeing the auto is legit" and NOT GARANTEEIING AN AUTO. Sorry bud, in a court of law that would not garantee you anything other than the auto if it were on the card.[/QUOTE]

I have over 400 Redemptions some from 2010 still not filled. I have sent multiple emails and talked to like 10 different people in the last year as they keep going through customer service people. If i spent 200 per box and was guaranteed to get x amount of autos and got NOTHING i see with enough people it can get ugly for them. I will NOT get a Lawyer involved i just feel like it. I just can not see how they continue to sell product??

oldgoldy97 01-12-2013 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=TSJCT;4011635]I have over 400 Redemptions some from 2010 still not filled. I have sent multiple emails and talked to like 10 different people in the last year as they keep going through customer service people. If i spent 200 per box and was guaranteed to get x amount of autos and got NOTHING i see with enough people it can get ugly for them. I will NOT get a Lawyer involved i just feel like it. I just can not see how they continue to sell product??[/QUOTE]

I hope you do get something out of them. I can see going through customer service will be a joke. If you do win something, maybe they'll do a better job with quality control.

Good luck :)!

TSJCT 01-12-2013 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=WilsonValdez;4011596]Sorry Coby, they were never supposed to be auto'ed, like said before. However it's extremely lazy/irresponsible to have the "guaranteed auto" blurb on the non-auto rc's.

Who? I don't really remember anyone like that.[/QUOTE]

Ok well i guess they just put reg issue cards in place of the autos as advertised. This is just 4 of over 400+ i have open. I have some that go back to 2010. The company is a total JOKE. They should not be able to get away with what they are doing. They are selling product they know they will never be able to deliver. In my opinion it is THEFT. But with that said i will never buy another Panini box to open but i guess if others want to they can.

cking 01-12-2013 08:00 PM

This is why I dont bust wax

danimal 01-12-2013 08:07 PM

I've already voiced my opinion on this but I think Pinani does this on purpose. If you ever notice for the most part "best" autos in a product are all redemptions. These redemptions cost them $0. So what they are hoping is you will either not redeem them and they won't have to pay the athlete to sign or if you do redeem they intentionally drag their feet fulfilling the redemption in the hope that the redeemer will opt to take an in house replacement that probably cost much less than the original auto. I think they do this 100% on purpose as a cost saving measure.

Orangejello727 01-12-2013 08:10 PM

You have a legit case against them and any company that puts out a redemption. The redemption card is literally a promissory note that can be held up in court. What I dont know is the fine print on the redemption process. If they have some sort of fine print that says they will try and if they can't, they will replace it to the best of their ability which is most cases a loophole for them to snake by.

JosieD 01-12-2013 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=Orangejello727;4012408]You have a legit case against them and any company that puts out a redemption. The redemption card is literally a promissory note that can be held up in court. What I dont know is the fine print on the redemption process. If they have some sort of fine print that says they will try and if they can't, they will replace it to the best of their ability which is most cases a loophole for them to snake by.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't this have to be put on the redemption card, pack, or box for it to apply to each specific product? I am not familiar with the legal aspects of this.

hhmag70 01-12-2013 08:36 PM

Why are you still buying Panini products?

Orangejello727 01-12-2013 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=JosieDively;4012489]Wouldn't this have to be put on the redemption card, pack, or box for it to apply to each specific product? I am not familiar with the legal aspects of this.[/QUOTE]

I think there is fine print somewhere on the logistics behind redemption cards. Theres always a loophole. You can read about it more here

[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/276265-possible-injunction-stop-panini-having-redemptions.html[/url]

exert from the link

[QUOTE]The websites fine print "Redemption cards are made available as they are received. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Panini America, Inc. will send a comparable card in its place if the specified card is not available to ship within 4 months or 8 months depending on what timeframe is selected during the reservation process. If no time period is selected, 8 months will be assumed." What is comparable to panini might not be comparable to you, but they go by Book value, not the inflated market[/QUOTE]

JosieD 01-12-2013 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=Orangejello727;4012754]I think there is fine print somewhere on the logistics behind redemption cards. Theres always a loophole. You can read about it more here

[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/276265-possible-injunction-stop-panini-having-redemptions.html[/url]

exert from the link[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That was helpful.

TSJCT 01-12-2013 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=hhmag70;4012648]Why are you still buying Panini products?[/QUOTE]

I do not buy Panini any longer. This was some old stuff just like the 400+ redemptions they owe me. I have even asked for replacements and they promise they will work on it and it just goes on and on with nothing happening.

marino5084 01-12-2013 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=TSJCT;4013485]I do not buy Panini any longer. This was some old stuff [B]just like the 400+ redemptions they owe me[/B]. I have even asked for replacements and they promise they will work on it and it just goes on and on with nothing happening.[/QUOTE]

If the redemptions are over the allotted time I would state that you are going to discuss this with the BBB.

37Jetson 01-12-2013 10:06 PM

Friends don't let friends bust Panini Wax.